Old 04-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5,1"

Default The Break-up diet :(

My boyfriend, who I actually thought I would be with forever, finished things with me on Thursday night. I won't go into detail but he said some hurtful things which really got me down. When I weighed myself on Thursday morning i was 145.6lbs... this morning I was 141.6lbs. I know this isnt healthy but I've completely lost my appetite and feel sick whenever I eat. What do I do??
xx
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #2  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i understand how u feel. it happened to me two years ago and i still can say it hurts a little. you have to make yourself eat a little bit and make the effort to not let his actions mess with your health.

at the time of my break up i was 179 pounds which i had lost 20lbs in the previous 5 months i gained 35 pounds in three months mourning this break up. dont let him sabotage yr health. i am an emotional eater so my scale went the opposite way yours went. but its not good to not eat. you know that.

so i say plan out yr meals because the not eating is usually due to a feeling of no control. you cant control what happened...you can control how you react and deal with it. plan your meals and try to eat as much as you can. make sure you drink water cause if yr anything like me youve been crying like crazy. and take it one day at a time...time heals all wounds mama. we're here if you need us
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5,1"

Thank you so much for your words of advice. I know time will heal the way I'm feeling, but right now it really does feel like i'll never get over it
x
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I'm really really sorry. I've definitely been there. Sometimes you just have to be miserable for a bit... but it passes. It always does.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Height: 5'7"

I know how you feel, too...My boyfriend and I had a big fight back in December and my mother actually showed up on my doorstep to move in for a few days and make me eat. It was the LAST thing I was interested in doing, I just wanted to curl up on the couch and cry.

Do try to eat something--I know it's hard to force food down, but not having eaten will catch up with you pretty soon and make you feel even worse. I'm sorry you're going through this, heartbreak is definitely one of the hardest things to deal with, especially since time is the only thing that heals you and you can't make time go any faster than it does... *hugs*
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

You'll get your appetite back, is just feed your body healthy things when you do eat. It just takes time.. The only advice I have (which I WISH I listened too on my first breakup), don't do/say anything you may regret, just live positively as much as you can and life will sort itself out.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry. Unfortunately I've been there too - I literally threw everything up the first day, I was so upset, and then just didn't eat for a few days. What snapped me out of it was going out with my best girl friend to get ice cream and chat... if you have a close friend you can lean on, now's the time you need it! I hope you feel better soon.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #8  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I'm sorry. Yeah, your appetite will come back eventually. I hope you feel better soon.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Sorry about your breakup By not eating, though, you are only punishing yourself, not him. And you don't need anymore punishment! Take care of yourself and do other things besides crying and forcing yourself to eat. Take a walk, get a pedicure, get out and shop your brains out! You'll be hungry after that Keep your head up high, and you'll get thru it.
baristamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:26 AM   #10  
-.-K!M-.-

S/C/G: 258/253.4/145

Height: 5'4"

So sorry about the break-up! Like the others said, you'll get your appetite back! hugs.
ShutterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:29 AM   #11  
sugar is the devil

My ex-boyfriend broke up with me a couple of years ago, I remember not being able to eat. Like you, I lose my appetite when something hapeens that greatly upsets me. He also said some very hurtful things to me when we broke up which made everything worse. So, I can really relate to u. So from speaking from experience, ur appetite will adventually come back within a few days and a new love will come. But please do try to have abide here and there in the meantime because ur body sure needs it.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

I feel your pain. After my first big break up after a 4 year relationship, I spiraled into an extreme depression and couldn't eat without getting nauseated. This lasted for about a month and finally I got sick of feeling sick all of the time. I turned to my friends and started going to the gym with them and coaxing myself to eat small portions of healthy food every two hours or so. Eventually I got over the breakup and started towards a healthier lifestyle. I probably would have stuck with that if I didn't meet my next boyfriend and pack on the new relationship pounds... ><;;

So like the other posters said, don't let this sabotage your health. Find someone to talk to about the emotions that you are feeling and force yourself to eat just a little bit at a time in order to keep yourself healthy.

*Hugs*
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

I went through the same thing when i was dumped a little over a month or so. I embraced the pain for a couple of days and didn't eat anything (since anything I did force down came back up anyway). Then I slowly forced myself to at least eat breakfast and something small when I got home from classes. But a couple of days won't sabotage everything. Just make sure the couple of days doesn't turn into weeks. Just know that as much as it's hurting now, it will go away in time.

Make sure that when you do feel better you don't do what I did though. I still felt bad, but not bad enough that I couldn't eat, and then I started eating like crazy, and now I'm back up past 170. So then I got to feeling even worse about myself.

Why do we let boys do this to us? Buncha jerks.
spikedpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #14  
Im naked under my clothes

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/165

Height: 5' 7

I'm so sorry honey! I went through the same thing back in Feb. and at the time I prayed to God everyday to take the pain away I was a total mess! I know you've heard this alot and I know you feel like you will never get over this but baby you will. It's been two and a half months for me and I've never felt better! Do I still miss him? Absolutely. But if it was meant to be it will be. There is no quick fix to a bad breakup. You just got a feel it. Just take it one day at a time. Sweetie you gotta eat something even if it's just toast and fruit your health is far more important than him. His loss!
Getting Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry , Things will get better soon
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote