S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Wednesday, 4/22

Mornin' All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies.

Today is the big day. I go back in for my one month check up.

What I have learned this month...

Several small successes equal on big goal

I am an emotional binge eater

Move more, be active

And I need a "treat" at the end of the day, it gives me something to look forward too.
(My current fav is Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom toffee crunch ice cream bars, 90 cals and 2 grams of fiber and very yummy, makes me feel like I am cheating even though I work it into my menu. )

Ya'll have a good day.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #3  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Good luck Squeak!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/209/150

Height: 5'6

Hi guys, I am going to jump in. I have been lurking for over a month now and feel its time to come out from hiding. Started working out, had strep and then a spring cold for 3 weeks and now today started back on plan.

Honestly, with my yo-yo wt over the last 2 years I have turned into a bit of a hermit. I hate going out as I feel self conscious about my wt. I have to stop this self destructive cycle and do better for me and set a better example of personal health for my children.

I love reading all the support given on this site and look forward to getting to know you all better.
pmteub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

A little frustration. My teacher called yesterday about my essay. He just went through it with a fine-tooth comb. I have good information and good sources, but my structure is all wrong. I fear I may have to start the whole thing from scratch. Luckily, he did say I could turn in another rough draft before I do my final draft. Thank God!! I'm off on Friday, so I will be able to do it then. That way I will be alone and I can concentrate. It would be nice to get an A in this class. I know I am putting undue pressure on myself, because in the end, employers are not really going to care what I made in English Comp.

I don't know about you guys, but for me, it's been difficult dealing with stress when I can't fall back on food. I have to come up with other methods. I didn't realize that food was that much of a crutch for me.

On a lighter not, I lost the weight from my two-pound gain last week. Hooray!
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

[QUOTE=pmteub;2708960]
Honestly, with my yo-yo wt over the last 2 years I have turned into a bit of a hermit. I hate going out as I feel self conscious about my wt. I have to stop this self destructive cycle and do better for me and set a better example of personal health for my children.
QUOTE]

I'm right there with you. I have live in CO for 3 years and can't say that I have actually been social. Most of the time I hide in my house. When I would actually go to anything, I would hide by the buffet. Right now I am concentrating on school, working and weight loss. I think once I lose a little I will make more of an effort.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #7  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I am doing that now. I think I have been hiding out for the past 2-3 years grieving the loss of my mother and nursing weight gain. I decided that I was going to just cocoon myself until I accomplish my goal of weight loss. I have to, outside distractions get in the way too often for me. I need to focus on me right now.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote