Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/196/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Gah! So frustrated!

Hello again everyone.

Tuesdays are my official weigh in day and I weighed myself and I gained 2.5 pounds this week. I have no idea how. I had one day this week that was a bit high, but still not about maintenance, and the rest were about 1200 - 1500 days with continuous shifting. I've been drinking 100 ounces of water a day, plus 2 cups of coffee in the morning and 2 cups of tea at night. I've cut down on my exercise, but have been increasing the intensity and on Sunday me and my mom went on a 2 1/2 hour hike. I figured I would lose at least a pound or worst case scenario stay the same, but 2.5 pounds gained?! And it took me 2 weeks to lose those 2.5 pounds and now I'm back where I started.

I really feel like I should just go back to cutting my calories to 500 a day, because at least I was losing weight then. I know that's unhealthy though and being healthy is more important than being thin, but I can't help but feel so frustrated. I'm doing everything right and I'm going backwards. I don't understand it.

Okay, </rant> I just needed to get that off of my chest. Thanks in advance for listening.
cammieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #2  
rainy

Keep on, and keep doing exactly what you are doing right now, you'll loose that weight!!

And don't go at 500 a day because it's the best way to regain it sooner than you actually loose it.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 161/157/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Yeah, 500 cal a day is not the way to go.

You're going to have trouble losing at this weight for your height. Your body might be saying it wants to be there, or at least hang out at that weight for a while.

You might want to try one day a week at over 1500 calories, to really shake your metabolism up.
Dianeofnka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #4  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

It could be water weight, mine fluctuates like that and makes me so mad! Keep on doing what you're doing, and keep the faith. It will happen.....................
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

cammieb, you are normal weight now, according to BMI.

Maybe your body just doesn't want to lose any more right now.

Stay with your plan and see where it takes you. Absolutely don't think of cutting calories any further. That would be counterproductive.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 04-21-2009 at 04:53 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
cammieb, you are normal weight now, according to BMI.

Maybe your body just doesn't want to lose any more right now.

Stay with your plan and see where it takes you. Absolutely don't think of cutting calories any further. That would be counterproductive.

Jay
Can it do that? I mean, is there a point where you body refuses to lose anymore weight, like a set point? That would be horrible.

I will keep sticking with my plan. It's just frustrating, but it has to work eventually, right?
Old 04-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Can it do that? I mean, is there a point where you body refuses to lose anymore weight, like a set point? That would be horrible.
I have no idea! What I said was "right now." There's no need to panic... are you in some kind of hurry to lose?

Stay with your plan. It's easy for weight to go up and down that much in a week for no identifiable reason. Is it near your time of month? Did you eat salty foods? Did you not drink enough water while walking/exercising? Are your muscles sore? All of these things can cause weight gain.

But you can't gain that much FAT (which is the point, after all) unless you ate 7,000 calories above your resting metabolic rate that week. Did you do that? No? Then take it easy.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Nah, you're fine. You just need to increase intensity & variety of your exercise routine and perhaps doing some calorie cycling to confuse your body may also not be a bad idea

hang in there!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:06 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teawithsunshine View Post
Nah, you're fine. You just need to increase intensity & variety of your exercise routine and perhaps doing some calorie cycling to confuse your body may also not be a bad idea

hang in there!

~ tea
Thanks, I'm trying the cycling thing and I added in some different type of exercise today.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:34 AM   #10  

I like to say that keep on doing what you are doing. The 2.5 pounds you have lose is water, not fat. you need to do more workouts.
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote