Old 04-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #1  
Triathlon chica

S/C/G: 270/182.5/??

Height: 5'6"

Default I've lost my way

*sigh*

*deep breath*

I've become lost.

It started the day before Easter with a piece of chocolate. And it's just been downhill from there.

I have been bingeing off and on ... real, true ate-so-much-feels-like-the-stomach-could-burst bingeing, like I did *years* ago but haven't in forever.

I'm not sure what's going on with me. I am under tremendous stress right now in my personal life, starting with a divorce that would blow your mind.

I'm just so upset with myself. I was at 183. My week of binges got me up to 194. This morning I was back at 187, but I had another binge tonight. I can't do a lot of exercise right now because of injury. And it's just so frustrating.

I'm lost. Please help me find my way back.

Last edited by Athenawithheart; 04-20-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Athenawithheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 PM   #2  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

I'm sorry you feel so lost, but you have taken the first step and recognized what is going on. The next step is to just take it one decision at a time. Remind yourself what you want and why you want it, so when the opportunity for bad choices comes up, you'll make the right ones.

Good luck and know that we're all cheering for you.
NorCal Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #3  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

I agree with the post above me, the first step is recognizing what you have done. Maybe you can find another activity to do besides eating when your stressed.

Read a book,go for a walk,take a bath, make a dartboard with your husbands picture on it and throw darts at it! haha! I dont know, but theres tons of things you can do besides eat. Personally when I'm stressed out I go on the treadmill or go outside if the weather is nice for a walk, or i go for a drive and just listen to music to clear my head. Again theres plenty of things, but you just have to find what works for you! YOU WILL PREVAIL FROM THIS ! DONT WORRY!
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/228/165

Height: 5'9"

oh dear...that does sound overwhelming.

i guess the first thing to do is to forgive yourself. and then create a clear picture of what tomorrow looks like. there are so smany good goals to set...maybe start with a couple of simple ones to build your confidence.

like: at least 6 glasses of water

or

i'll take a walk before i go to the kitchen if i feel like bingeing

i don't know. i'm new to this myself, but i'm sure you can find your way back again.

one foot in front of the other....off we go!

isolde
stillclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #5  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

oh divorces can be so hard i've been through a few in my years..... but you can pull yourself back up and get back on track.... we're here for u if you need us.....just calm down collect your control and start again, good for u on the weight loss so far
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #6  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

You need love and pampering. You need to indulge and spoil yourself...but not with food. Go splurge on something you've really been wanting. Go spend a night in a hotel with a hot tub. Go buy yourself a pretty, inexpensive piece of jewelry. Do something, anything, just not food-related.

I went through the divorce from ****, which was the icing on the cake of the marriage from ****, in 2003, and gained over 100 lbs in 6 months. I wish someone had knocked me senseless, given me a big hug and helped me through it, but I was alone. It's taken me 5 years to recover, but I did recover, I'm OK now, and I'm getting better every day. So believe me when I say, it will get better. Sending you a great big hug!!!!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

It sounds like you are trying to cope with a heavy load of feelings, and you need some help with it. You know that a binge isn't the answer, but you don't know what else to do.

Are there support groups you could look into, or counseling of some kind--through your church, or through other community services, through a hospital, etc.? Could you go to your doctor and get a referral for counseling?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Although the food does make you feel better, the feelings won't last. Have you considered seeing a counselor who can help you learn healthy coping skills? During times of stress, we tend to fall back on what we know and have done for many years. A counselor can help you change those habits.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Big hugs to you, sweetie......stress eating is such a tough habit to break!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #10  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I agree with DChound. Do something for yourself, whatever you need to, just not eating. As for the exercise, can you do yoga or Pilates, something that won't cause further injury? We're here for you, sister!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #11  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Im sorry you're going through a divorce. I am sure that is horrible. Im dealing with a binging problem right now as well. We must get ahold of it or it will undo all of our progress. And we dont want that!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #12  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

The advice already given was what I was going to say...just wanted to give ya a quick hug!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

As someone with similar stats, I know how much work it's been.

Look how far you've come!

You're not going to turn back now ... You gotta get back on and that's that.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Things definitely seem very stressful for you right now. Loosing weight takes works, planning, commitment...it's difficult to muster the energy to put into loosing weight when you have so many other things going on, but (because there's always a but), our bodies can deal with stress so much better when they are receiving good nutrients. It's something I tell myself on a daily basis. I make my body put up with a lot...I owe it to provide it with the necessary tools to function.

Something that has been helping me is when my eating starts to slip, I convince myself that it's the first day. I always have all kinds of motivation on the first day...ready to conquer the world. So I "start over." Looking at things from the beginning seems to help get me back in the right frame of mind.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #15  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

I´m sorry you´re going through a personal **** right now, it sucks, there is no way around it, and only time will help you with that one...

I´m going through a personal stress right now as well, of a different kind but that threw me in a binging spiral like I hadn´t experienced in years... and I stayed there for a week... today, I´m out of it and I hope to keep it that way for a long time... because what took me a week to get into my pretty little head is that it will suck much more and for much longer if I just let myself go... if I take care of myself, the path for recovery will be much faster ....

Don´t forget that you have to love yourself first and foremost... I hope you can believe that and find your way back into taking good care of you...
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote