Old 04-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #1  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

S/C/G: 350/ticker/200

Height: 5'6"

Default No hunger. No desire to eat.

Quite the dilemma! LOL!

But seriously. I know the book says not to go more than 6 hrs without eating. I try not to do that, but when I do eat, Im just not hungry and Im not sure if Im eating enough - today so far has been

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1oz. cheddar [I normally have 4 eggs and bacon]
Lunch: 1c. broccoli, 1/2 chicken breast, 1oz. cheddar. [I brought salad and another 1/2 breast with me - still on my desk].

Today I still have half my breakfast and lunch sitting on my desk. I'll have them for dinner tonight, but it's SO odd for me to have food left over and not feel the need to eat everything in site.

I like it. I really do. But it's just an odd feeling.
Simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #2  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I know it is hard, but you MUST get all your foods in. If you don't your body will wonder "when am I going to get food/nutrients/calories again. Don't know, so I will just hold on to this then".

Going long periods of time without eating makes your body think it is going to starve...so it holds onto ANYTHING & EVERYTHING it can.

Go Eat!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 6

I've had times like this, but I just keep on eating my scheduled snacks and meals. Even if I'm not hungry, I know my body needs the calories.
Trust me, the no hunger phase will pass and if you spent it not eating much, your hunger will return with a vengence.... I've learned that the hard way!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #4  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Your appetite will come back.....mine did that for a short while and boy, lookout, now its back!!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

This happens to most people who are doing a sucessful calorie-restrictive diet. You do need to force yourself to eat, and soon you'll start being hungry again. Don't risk ruining your weight loss by not eating, even though it seems like it would help, it hurts!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I dont push the food issue at all, because I have weeks Im not hungry, and weeks it feels like a "refueling" week. As long as Im getting all my carbs and protein in, I dont worry about it. It seems to even itself out by the end of the month.

But thats just me. I have food issues, and I refuse to force myself to eat something I dont really want. Doesnt make sense does it?
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:09 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I have the same issues on this diet. I think its the fats and proteins that make us feel so darn full all the time.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/186/150

Height: 5'5

I am having the same probelem but I have added a whey protein drink to my day. The one I use is low in carbs but still ensures that I meet my 20 grams a day!
BEsaprina is offline   Reply With Quote