Old 04-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default being overweight sucks

Which is how I feel everyday, but today its worse. I woke up in a bad mood because I felt like a fat pig last night. I ate like 2800 calroies and I'm trying to stay under 1800. That always happens I do so good all day and dinner comes and I binge. Is it all in my head? Why can't I stop already? Pls help
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #2  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

I think after dinner you need to find a hobby to do BESIDES eating. Go for a walk if the weather is nice,read a book, do a crossword puzzle, blog on 3fc, look up recipes, look up peoples before and after pictures to get inspired. I think your bored to death and eating is just so easy to do.

Usually after dinner I'll make a cup of green tea and read,go on 3fc or WW and blog, look at before and afters on youtube or the internet, go on my treadmill etc. I always make sure I'm busy. I think it really works
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #3  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I agree with xchampagnedream. I'm also really about eating at night but have found that coming online and reading and chatting on 3FCs has helped me so far.

Lately, I've also been drinking a chocolate chai tea at night, which I find helps satisfy that craving. It does taste somewhat chocolately, especially if you haven't had the real thing for a while!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

i totally feel your pain! i've been good all week, then liast night was my BIL's birthday, so we had lasagna (full fat everything!), Caesar salad (with crutons), black forest cake and 2 glasses of red wine. YIKES! i don't even want to know the calories...

just try and do better today! there's no sense punishing yourself for yesterday!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 6

maybe you aren't eating enough foods with protein and fiber, so that by dinner you're starving and end up eating too much

Last edited by MandiK; 04-16-2009 at 03:13 PM.
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

It is all in your head. in the sense that it's all about balance and staying in control. I'm an emotional eater, and if i don't stay in control of my emotions I binge.
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:40 AM   #7  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I'd like to say practice makes perfect but "perfect" is a word I try to keep out of my diet..

But seriously, I first started calorie counting about a year ago and I found it impossible to stay below 2000. I thought 1800 was an amazing day. Now I can eat below 1500 without any effort and even have a few 1200 days here and there.

Just keep at it.. your body will resist change at first but it DOES become easier... I swear!
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Height: 5'7"

I really struggle with evenings, too. One thing that helps me is to have a smaller dinner so I can have a planned snack later in the evening (around 8 or so for me). Herbal tea is also great, so many different varieties to try and it actually has flavor, so it's more satisfying for me than water is when I'm wanting to snack.

Getting on 3FC can really help, too! When you see everyone else sticking to their plans and seeing results it can really give you that nudge to do the same for yourself.
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickiegirl View Post
Lately, I've also been drinking a chocolate chai tea at night, which I find helps satisfy that craving. It does taste somewhat chocolately, especially if you haven't had the real thing for a while!
Chocolate chai sounds delicious! Where do you buy it?
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 63/63/54kgs

Height: 5"2

I completely understand where you are coming from! Today I had a total binge day (after having a great week of healthy eating) eating around 3000 calories, I feel upset, depressed and disappointed! But I always remember something my mum always tells me - tomorrow will be a good day! Its ok iftoday was bad just work harder tomorrow, that's what I am planning to do! And if I don't to that amazingly tomorrow, again its ok! This is a long process, and if we want to do it right and healthy we have to be patient and just do our best

Last edited by Sandy227; 04-18-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Sandy227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/233/198

Height: 5"9

i also had this problem but i found that during the day i didnt eat a lot and when i go to dinner i was starving!!! like you, so what i did was have a bigger lunch and then i wasnt that hungry.. i also left the kitchen straight after dinner and i promised myself not to go in there until the next morning!
second chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:17 AM   #12  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I hear you as well! And I'm sorry you had a "bad" night. I have also been eating more during the day so I'm not starving by dinner. You can *always* come here or if you have a friend you can call locally or go walk with somewhere that could distract you. I think in the beginning it's about focus & distraction at the same time.

So hang in there and chalk it up as a lesson learned and move right on. Don't beat yourself up about it! DO something about it!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #13  
AKT

S/C/G: 213/207.5/160

Height: 5'8"

I used to do the same thing. Now, I kind of plan out what I'm going to eat ahead of time. I stopped eating with the family, because they eat a lot differently. And I drink a ton of water (32oz) with my meals. It helps keep you full a lot longer.
AKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #14  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Chocolate chai sounds delicious! Where do you buy it?
I'm in Canada and we just noticed it at my local chain grocery store a few weeks ago. It's made by President's Choice. I'm not sure if there's an American equivalent but someone must be making it!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #15  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

i feel your pain too. I work at a bridal shop and it's depressing seeing all of these thin, fit brides coming in and trying on size 2, 4, and 6 wedding gowns (our sizes are one larger than normal, so they're sizes 0, 2, and 4). I know I'll never wear a size 2 wedding gown, but it's really motivational because I don't want to be shopping in the size 16 dresses for when I get married and want to be like an 8 or a 10 (or smaller!) for my wedding gown.

But that's why we're here, to get fit and healthy and happy!
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote