Old 04-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighing In Twice A Week

Do all of you other member weigh in twice a week? I work 60-80 a week and don't always make it in the two times. It seems like they are getting upset with me because I only make it in about once a week. But I am still on the program, I am still checking in, and I am still buying their supplements, so why is it so important?

Actually, weighing in twice a week sometimes backfires for me because if I haven't lost any weight or have gained water, etc., I get so upset. I honestly think that once a week is good - I almost always show a loss weighing in once a week. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
sherryanncard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I personally need the accountability of weighing in twice a week but I think not everyone needs that. I know when I did ww and weighed in once a week I knew I could cheat after my WI and then have the rest of the week to try to make up for it. With doing WI twice a week, I feel like I don't have time to do that! I can totally see how you don't have time for that with all of the hours you work! I know its part of their contract in order to get their guarantee, but I don't think it should be held against you if you can't! I work for my husband and pretty much come and go as I please and sometimes STILL find it hard to make it in twice a week. I also dont see losses everytime I go it.
BonnieMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #3  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I also WI twice a week. I, too, need the accountability. Bonnie is right that you don't see the big losses when you WI more often and that is sometimes frustrating.

I can totally relate to your working situation. I have those times of year myself. I have found that I just have to make the time to get there, because I am worth it.
dla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #4  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryanncard View Post
Do all of you other member weigh in twice a week? I work 60-80 a week and don't always make it in the two times. It seems like they are getting upset with me because I only make it in about once a week. But I am still on the program, I am still checking in, and I am still buying their supplements, so why is it so important?

Actually, weighing in twice a week sometimes backfires for me because if I haven't lost any weight or have gained water, etc., I get so upset. I honestly think that once a week is good - I almost always show a loss weighing in once a week. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
I rarely weighed in more than once a week at the center, but I also weighed daily at home. I this is one of those "know yourself" situations. If you can stick to plan all week and are happy with your results, then stick with that. Those who need the accountability of 2x a week weigh-ins need to find a way to do that.

The best overall advice I've ever seen on weighing is to weigh daily, and average weekly. The day-to-day ups & downs on the scale show you what affects the scale (salt, restaurant food, medications, stress, etc, etc), and comparing those weekly results will show your true progress.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #5  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

I've decided to only go in once a week myself because I don't want to deal with crabby a$$. She discourages me so much *found out she only lost 5 lbs on plan which means she DOES NOT understand* that I nearly quit. I need to cut every corner I can including mileage and gas to get there. Sad to say I'm more willing to cut out the diet I've already paid for than cut out my two trips a week to see my BF. He's much more valuable to me than this diet.

I don't need the accountability of going in twice a week. I need to not have THEM discouraging me twice a week and to see the bigger numbers from once a week. I weigh at home daily and finally saw a break in that this morning from my screw up two weeks ago. *sigh*

At my center they're working with some people on just a once a week basis because of their work schedule and living out of town. Maybe your center will do the same?
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Quote:

Thanks!
I've been going twice a week - I need the accountability, encouragement and it keeps me filling out my food sheet regularly so I can see where I'm missing things etc. There have been occasions where I've only been in every 6-7 days and they've never called or complained to me when i went in at all. I've always wondered why....
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/155

Height: 5' 4"

I need to go on Friday's to get the encouragement and to see how well I did during the week. I also go on Monday because that keeps me from cheating on weekends. That piece of chocolate doesn't look so tempting when I know it will tell on me Monday at MRC!
NicoleDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #8  

Thanks for all of the advice!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #9  
Angel

S/C/G: 218/ticker/170

I use to go in twice a week and kept getting discouraged because I always seemed to gain over the weekend, so I now go in once a week and things for me are better. I to weigh at home just to keep in check. I lost 2.5 pounds yesterday at weigh in.

Below the 200 mark.
ahobbs55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #10  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobbs55 View Post
I use to go in twice a week and kept getting discouraged because I always seemed to gain over the weekend, so I now go in once a week and things for me are better. I to weigh at home just to keep in check. I lost 2.5 pounds yesterday at weigh in.

Below the 200 mark.
CONGRATS!!! feels good don't it!?!?!?!?!
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobbs55 View Post

Below the 200 mark.
congrats...i want to be there sooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #12  

Bonnie,

Congratulations - 63 pounds in 4 1/2 months! Amazing! You will be at your goal before you know it!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #13  

Height: 5'9"

I WI twice a week for the first 6 weeks in the evenings after work. My schedule became so busy I tried one evening during the week and then on Saturday morning...I became discouraged because I would show a big loss in the morning on Saturday...(before eating two meals and all my water) then show no loss on my weekday evening WI...so I decided to just WI on Saturday morning...This keeps my motivation up...I do jump on the scale at home daily and can tell how sensitive I am to food...especially eating out ...even on program I can not eat out without retaining all the sodium...I try not to eat out at all...
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #14  

Quote:
Bonnie,

Congratulations - 63 pounds in 4 1/2 months! Amazing! You will be at your goal before you know it!
thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #15  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

I am so sorry that you attend a center that they make you feel guilty about any of your decisions. I was like a couple of the other that would weigh in on Wednesday and get depressed because it was after work and I didn't lose anything or might have even put on a little bit because of the time of day. I always seen a loss on Saturday and determined that I didn't like the Wednesday weigh in. My counselor was fantastic with my decision, she just said lets see how it looks after a few weeks and go from there. Every since then I only go on Saturday mornings. They are so sweet, I actually gained 2 pounds on this Saturday morning, and they said that since I traveled during that entire week that 2 pounds gained wasn't that bad. I think the ladies at the Amarillo center are fantastic. Hope you luck out and get another counselor that is more understanding! Huggers!!!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote