Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 08:36 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Wink Thursday's child has far to go...

Hi everyone,
hope you're all having an OP day.
Kim - post those piccies of your ring now! i missed the proposal story, so any chance of a quick recap?? this probably sounds really morbid but you said your family has a funeral home in edinburgh? as in a company that sorts out funerals? or as in a family mausoleum?
Belle - glad to hear you're on the mend. don't worry about maintaining for now. you'll be back on the WW wagon before you know it. you need to keep your strength up to help everything heal.
JenK - keep us posted on that bloke. and are you stopping off in the uk before going to italy? anyone else coming to london? ali??
Winter - what job were you going for? hope you found some willpower for today!
Tonya - hope you get back on track again soon. i'm sure you will.
Lexxy - post a pic, post a pic! Lisa - yours are fab!
I should get some photos from Lolly's wedding back later, so I might be able to post them tomorrow, if not, definitely next week.
Becky - keep motivated - you'll be so glad you did when you get to your big day.
Jess - glad your BF got his job back. and that you are on days again!
KT - how long have you been with your BF? hope he surprises you soon (with a rock!).
Big hello to everyone else. Where are the usual suspects that haven't been spotted for a while? Come out and post!
On a completely different note, does anyone have PCOS? i suspected i might so i asked my doc and she sent me for an ultrasound scan which i had today. and my poor little ovaries are all cysty. yuck!! i think i'll be given some kind of hormonal treatment but i just wondered if anyone else had it and what they do/did about it? on the plus side, i'm hoping that it might have been responsible for me putting on weight so easily throughout my life and maybe if i get treatment i'll be able to eat more!!! there's always a silver lining!
back later, have a good day,
kirsty
Old 06-06-2002, 08:45 AM   #2  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Kirsty!!!

I'll be in Heathrow airport for about 4 hours this Sunday (from about 10 am to 2 pm) before going on to Rome! But that is my only time in London on this trip...

2 more days of work.... I hope I can make it. I have been coming in early to try to get everything done, and then ended up staying 2 hours late yesterday (and missed the boy's call to make plans for Friday! ) But I'm almost on vacation!!!

I'll be back later.
Old 06-06-2002, 08:50 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default so close and yet so far!

jen - darn!! next time you'll have to stay for longer! i'm not in london this weekend (i'm off to the delightful english seaside resort of bournemouth! what's the betting it rains the whole time?) so can't even pop by the airport to say hi! although you'll prob be stuck in the departure lounge and won't even get to see outside! so, happy shopping! hope you have a fantastic time in italy (i'm sure you will). i wish i was going with you. italian ice cream is yummmmmmmmmmmy.
can you phone the boy back? will you get to meet up before you go to italy?
Old 06-06-2002, 09:08 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning Jen and Kristy.

Good to see people up about about. What is the time difference between the states and England? My best friend will be in London for 6 weeks! I need to get my hands on a pre-paid international calling card.

Jen - I hope you have a blast on your vacation. I'm SOOO jealous. Hopefully the boy will call back tonight.

Kirsty - good luck with your cysts. I had an ovarian cyst when I was 14, but I barely remember a thing about what happened. They never did surgery... it dissolved after they gave me some medicine or something like that.

So, we all know I gained 1.5 on Tuesday, which could TOTALLY be because I was on my period... but we'll see next week. So far I've been at the middle of my range since WI and I've exercized every day so far. I went swimming this morning too. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to weigh 125 by my birthday. It won't be easy, but I REALLY want to work towards that.

125 by Sept 27th and 105 by Jan 1st, 2003. That's my goal weigh. My WW goal range is 95 (yeah right!) to 110. So I think 105 would be great. Although, knowing my body.... I'll get to 125 and plateau for liek a year.

Lisa
Old 06-06-2002, 09:52 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Unhappy WI today at lunch...

I really don't want to go to WI today - my home scale said 212 this am, which is 2lbs down, but by lunch, it'll be up I am sure. I do'nt want to go. I am getting really discouraged, eating within points all week and seeing no results. I am SUPER tired of it.

I am thinking of quitting until I am healed and can do the program properly. OF course, I'd still count points, but $14/week to have the scale say the same damn thing (this week, more for sure) is depressing....and a waste of coin.

B/f is gone til Sunday night now - booh!! I'll miss him. He's on his "boy's weekend". I am going to take it super easy this weekend, just do what I want and rest a lot. Hopefully I feel better....

Kirsty - my mom had cysty ovaries. they actually removed one at the time (medicine wasn't all too advanced) and she bore all three of us on one. Not at all cancerous, just, well, lumpy. I hope yours go away without problem

Jen - I am SO jealous - you will have a blast. You'll have to post pics after! B.f and I are going to Thailand in the fall, not as fun, but okay.

Lisa - I think its doable by your b-day, good luck with that!!

well, back to work before boss gets here...she is always late getting in, and stays late, which makes me feel like I should stay too, but I don't...hee hee....I left at 4:30 yesterday and the day before - woo hoo.

Belle
Old 06-06-2002, 09:55 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

I thought I'd re-post my signature so I don't lose sight of how far I've come (even though I have had setbacks of late..)

Belle
Old 06-06-2002, 10:35 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Belle... you've lost so much! 40 pounds! And you have had tons of set backs. This injury isn't helping at all.

Let me tell you.... it's been 19 months for me so far on WW. And from June 18th until October 2nd I was at a plateau. that's a LONG plateau. In fact, I was a pound heavier on Oct 2 than I was on June 18th.

I know what you mean about paying every week and not seeing results. I did that for 15 weeks straight. BUt the difference between this time around and all the other times, was that I kept going... even if the scale wasn't changing. In the past, I thought the same thing... I'm wasting my money. I'd stop going and withing a year I'd be putting weight back on.

I don't know the extent of your injury, and so I can't imagine how tough it is. But you can still lose weight being inactive. Or at least maintain. Maintaining during an injury is success in itself.

Lisa
Old 06-06-2002, 11:26 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Triumph! I stepped on the scale this morninng and I was under 200 pounds! Yeah! (It's going to fluctuate, I know -- but it's been a while since it fluctuated anywhere near 198 pounds! -- and the scale generally works its way down no matter what if i stick to it)

Hello to everyone!

Kirsty - I don't know too much about PCOS, but I half-suspect that I have it too. Of course, I could just be paranoid, but I know I really should get to the doctor and have it checked out. Let us know what happens!

Jen - have fun on vacation! I've never been to Europe, but I want to go at some point (probalby after I have a job and all - would help!)

Belle - You're going to Thailand? Cool -- but it's kind of funny because I've been watching movies like Brokedown Palace and reading Bridget Jones Diary (the second one) and they both have these stories in them about how the naive girl gets arrested trying to smuggle drugs out of the country for some guy without knowing it, and end up in teh jails down there. Good luck with your plateu, you've come so far, you can definitely keep going, just don't give up!

Lisa - i can't remember if we've met so i'll say hi and good luck meeting your goal!

And now I'm off!
Old 06-06-2002, 11:32 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

I guess that is true. The flipside was that I was thinking - well, what if not going gives me a licence to not be accountable. I guess that is a possibliltiy. Maybe I should stick it out for four more weeks of healing (recovery means I can start swimming, etc...)

Thanks for your advice Lisa...

Angie- YAY ON UNDER 200!!!!!yeah, I saw/read those too - I was thinking about that. I do want to look good in a bathing suit, so I think maybe I won't give up.....

AGH its a toss up.

Belle
Old 06-06-2002, 12:20 PM   #10  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Responses...

Good Morning everyone! Yesterday's thread was SUPER-busy, I hope today's will be too. I was in the middle of replying to posts when I realized it was time to go home yesterday, so I'm going to finish that today and then respond to everyone this morning...

Starting by finishing (does that make sense? ) yesterday:

Winter--I'm glad the interview went well for you! Did you finish your day with a salad or did you cave in? Hopefully you were strong, but if not, I hope it was good!

Lexxy--What is this Chipotles place you speak of?

Hello to Becky and KT!

Kim--way to go on your loss!

Lisa--How did fondue fiasco go yesterday? Hopefully all was OK. Thank you also for the pointer about finding points without a Points Finder. (I just had to see how many times I could say "point" in that sentence. )

Belle--Your relationship with your BF sounds just like mine (except he calls me Bunny instead of Poopie)... Aren't they just the most frustrating thing in the world?

And responses to today's posts:

Kirsty--I'm sorry to hear about the PCOS. If I'm not mistaken, this site has an resource page about it. You can also check WebMD.com--I go there for almost everything that ails me. And being the hypochondriac that I am, that's a lot. Hopefully you will be able to eat more during treatment, that would make it more tolerable, right?

Jen--Too bad about missing your call from "the boy". Is there any chance he'll try you again tonight and you can make plans? I sure hope so!

Lisa--I agree that you can make it to 125 by your birthday. You have so much support here that it shouldn't be a problem. Plus, you've made so much progress already!

Belle--Personally, I don't think you should quit WW. I know you feel like it's a waste of money and I can certainly understand how you would feel that way, but you've made a lot of progress and we all have setbacks. Besides, woould you feel better about yourself knowing that you stuck with it even when you weren't losing? I'd just be afraid to go off because I need the weekly weigh-ins in order to behave during the week and even if I went off and told myself I'd stick to it, I don't think I'd be able to stick with it. Just my thoughts...

I sure am a jabberjaw today, but I'm in a much better mood than I was yesterday (thankfully), even though there's one girl who just drives me nuts here. I keep wishing she'd quit or get fired, does that make me a terrible person?

BF and I have a real date tonight, whoohoo! We're going to Fuddruckers for dinner where the only hamburgers they have are enormous ones... I thought that when I started back on days, I'd have no trouble conquering the 3 lbs that I gained on nights, but this week has not been an easy one. For the rest of this week, I will try to be good, but won't be too hard on myself if I'm not and then next week, I'm going to start all over. I'm going to break out my little books that we got every week and start with Week 1. Hopefully that'll help. Plus, I've become more flexible about portion sizes, points values, etc., so that'll have to stop too. I need to behave like I did when I very first started WW.

I overslept today, sigh. Was an hour late for work, oh well... I don't know how they expect us to go from nights right into days without much of an adjustment period. Oh, I know how--nobody who writes up the expectation ever gets stuck working nights...

OK, it's lunchtime, so I'm going to read my book and will stop back in later.

Old 06-06-2002, 12:25 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Morning Ladies!

I had my last meeting for my reunion last night and we have over 60 former grads coming - that works out to almost half. We're pretty shocked we ended up with such a good turnout. We're having a buffet dinner and DJ at a local restautant/pub. we also did retro CDs for everyone and had people fill out a where are they now form that we're copying for everyone. I think it will be fun. I'm also glad that I've lost a lot of the weight (I now weigh a bit less than I did in high school - 5# or so. Anyway.

Belle - Stick with it! I would do the "well I gained so I won't go this week" and then when I went back I would be up 3# - those meetings gave me that motovation I needed. Maintaining with your injuries is an awesome accomplishment - be proud!

Star - YAY!!! You're doing great - keep up the good work.

Lisa - you're awesome to stick with it through such a plateau - I'm sure you'll reach your next goal.

Kirsty - BF and I are at 4.5 years. We're at that point where we talk about how we plan on raising our children (not that I can see myself pregnant but, one day)

Speaking of kids - Angie supermom - where've you gone?

OK - I better get back to work. Hi to everyone I've missed - have a great day.

KT
Old 06-06-2002, 12:27 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hey Jess - we were posting at the same time.
I just wanted to say - I LOVED Fudruckers! We used to have one in Victoria where I went to school and one in my hometown but they both closed down - Enjoy your dinner!
KT
Old 06-06-2002, 01:17 PM   #13  

Is there anyone else out there who doesn't really like hamburgers? The only time I ever eat them is as a hangover cure from McDonalds (and even then we know those aren't real burgers ) Yes, I am wierd.

Jess, Chipotles is a place that can be best described as a Subway for burritos. It is AWESOME if you like tex-mex food, which I love. Lat summer I would eat it like 3 times a week - with chicken, cheese and sour cream. Not good. My usual now is black beans, rice (which I'm sure has some added fat to it), tomato, hot salsa, lettuce and guacomole. It all adds up, but I try to only get it once every couple weeks.

Kirsty, do you definitely have PCOS then? I can sypathize with the gyno problems - I have to go in every 3 months to get a pap done because mine are always abnormal. I'll have to read up on the symptoms of that, because my dr. has never really brought that up, nor has she suggested getting an unltrasound. I have an appt. Monday, so I could ask about it - though to be honest, I'm the type who would rather just not know what's wrong with me. I'd like to think if I ignore it, it will go away. I also may ask to be put on the birth control patch! It's kinda pricey, but I am so sensitive to my pills, if I take them one hour late, the whole month is ruined. TMI.... I'm going to post a pic soon, I promise!

Belle, Lisa, KT and Angie - keep up the good work on the weight loss! Just think about how far you've come already. I seem to have been taking a break from it all, considering I've already eaten 4 fun size candy bars today - no more for me! Lisa, I'm curious how it went with the fondue, too - when you posted that it totally made me want to go out to this fondue restaurant that is down the street from me - I went there once and it was SO good...didn't realize how NOT good for me it really is though.

Jen, I hope you get in touch with your boy before you go off to Italy. Buy yourself lots of leather shoes and bags in Florence! Eat some gelati for me

So to change the subject, I am 85% sure I have mono and have had it for the last couple weeks. I had strep about 2 weeks ago, and haven't ever felt like I've recovered. Now B/F or whatever he is, writes me this morning telling me he has a killer sore throat - and that's how mine started. We've both been totally exahusted lately, but it's always easy to blame that on other things. My constant achy throat and swollen lymph nodes however, can't be ignored any more. So basically I read all about it on WebMD and even when I got strep my Mom told me it could be mono (she's a nurse). Of course, there will be no going to the doctor for any of this, since there's nothing you can do for mono anyway...I just have to try and get some rest! When that will be...who knows.
Old 06-06-2002, 03:07 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

AHHHH! I just wrote a huge post and it disappeared when I tried to attach a photo of the ring! I have to run out, but I'll post more later!
Old 06-06-2002, 04:02 PM   #15  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Lexxy--Oh my gosh, that sounds SO good. Too bad there isn't one in Omaha. At least, not that I know of... If there were, I'd be eating there all the time... Then agian, maybe it's better if there's not one in Omaha.
Closed Thread