Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #1  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Default OMG Finally

The scale finally moved!!!! It's been 3 weeks and to be honest... I haven't really done any dieting or exercising for the past 2... but I am down 2 lbs!!! Maybe my body just needed a break??? I dunno, but I am soo excited. I just needed to share. I thought I was gonna be stuck at 150 forever! Today is totally going to be a great day!!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #2  
No description available.

midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

LMR--that is a wonderful thing! I know you are feeling great about that. Congratulations.

I dare NOT tempt fate but I have experienced this every few weeks (ever 7-8 or so) in my own journey. Sometimes a break does the trick. I don't "plan" for it--just happens for some reason. Maybe it's my body's own way of encouraging me to go forward.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #4  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
LMR--that is a wonderful thing! I know you are feeling great about that. Congratulations.

I dare NOT tempt fate but I have experienced this every few weeks (ever 7-8 or so) in my own journey. Sometimes a break does the trick. I don't "plan" for it--just happens for some reason. Maybe it's my body's own way of encouraging me to go forward.
Yeah, I have thought why this happened, and it does almost seem like my body wanted it to. And I didn't plan for the break either... it just kinda happened. I wonder if maybe it's my body making sure my brain can catch up? I wonder this because I went through quite the transformation during this 3 week period:

Week # 1- I got on the scale every single morning, and when I didn't see a loss, I wanted to cry. I would then beat myself up emotionally, work out like a complete maniac, and cut my calories more.

Week #2 - Overcompensation. This was the week where I didn't care. 150 again?? Oh well, I guess I am just a failure. This is it... this is all the weight I am going to lose. Stuck at 150 forever. I suck. Doesn't matter if I stay on plan anymore.... it's hopeless.

Week # 3 - You know what... 150 isn't that bad. Look, I am practically swimming in my old pants. Look at the difference in my waist. My butt almost looks half the size it was... and hey, I worked hard for those 15 lbs lost. I should be proud of 150. If I can maintain here for a while... that's a good thing! Let's see what it's like to maintain this weight for a while...

BAM!! Weight loss.

I honestly feel like my brain and my emotions needed to get back to the "right place" before I could continue. I had become obsessed because I was losing pretty fast for a couple weeks... and I think I lost sight of what was really important- loving myself at any weight. Being proud of what I have accomplished so far.

Maybe stalls are there to provide the necessary time for reflection, for introspection- for personal growth. I never thought I would say this... but I am happy I stalled out for 3 weeks.

Last edited by LittleMoonRabbit; 04-14-2009 at 09:24 AM.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Fantastic, well done! 150lbs seems like an excellent milestone. It's my goal at the moment, but when I get there I'm thinking of adjusting down to 135-140lbs. I can't wait until I break 150lbs, you must be delighted!

I find the same happens to me sometimes when I stop being as attentive to diet and exercise. I guess my natural habits have just become healthier over time! I was stuck at 170 for about 2-3 weeks, and towards the end of that time I relaxed a bit and poof, 3lbs went in two days! Like TBG, I don't plan to do this, but it happens and the weight often comes down a few pounds. I suppose it's because my habits are overall pretty healthy, and so the weight comes off eventually. A few days of more "relaxed" eating certainly doesn't make me gain weight, because "relaxed" for me now isn't a giant binge on snacks, it's a great tasty meal or a single bar of tasty chocolate. Like you have said, stalls on the scales can be quite good when you're nearing your goal. It's as though your body is settling in to being lighter, and it needs time to readjust. Spending a few weeks at one weight, when you are near to your goal, seems beneficial as you can see how it feels and work out whether you want to lose more, and if so, how much. It feels good!
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #6  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

If I'm not losing, usually a really high calorie day and a new exercise help. I am down to 203.3 after a 2500+ calorie day. I still averaged 1600 for the week, but it helps me all the time.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Well done, LMR!!!!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote