Old 04-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/173/160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default Low Fat/Low Cal Peanut Butter?

Have you found a low fat and low calorie peanut butter that taste good? Peanut Butter is a favorite food of mine but 2 tablespoons have 200 calories. Which is still enough for a Banana Sandwich on lite bread. (Which I had tonight!!)

Anyway, I looked at a few of the "healthier" versions and they still have the same amount of calories. I also don't like the taste as well as my Peter Pan

But I would love to keep peanut butter in my diet as it stick with me and is good protein.

Just wondering if anyone has found a brand they like.

Thanks!

Lynn160
Lynn160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #2  
Ann Marie

S/C/G: 263 (Feb of '06)/236/170

Height: 5' 5"

I absolutely love Naturally More Peanut Butter. The only store I found around where I live that sells it is a Walmart Super Center. It has the following:
2 Tbsp 169 Cal;
Sat Fat 2 g.;
Trans Fat 0 g;
Omega-3 4.1g;
Omega-6 1.2 g;
Cholest. 0g;
Sodium 130 mg;
Total Carb 8g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugars 2g
Protein 10g

Ingredients: Roasted Peanuts; Wheat Germ; Flax Seed; Cane Sugar; Egg Whites; Honey; Flaxseed Oil.
brn2bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Google PB2

I've got to order some. It's dehydrated peanut butter that you mix with water. It's not the best peanut butter I've ever eaten but it's by far not the worst either and at 53 per 2 tbs it can't be beat! I was lucky enough that my coworker brought some in for me to sample a few days ago. A few stores in the area carry it at incredibly expensive prices but I'm ordering a 4 pack online.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #4  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Personally, I think if it has anything more than peanuts and salt...it isn't peanut butter (and less calories or less fat means they probably put chemicals or something else undesirable in it). You'd be better off finding a good, natural peanut butter and using it sparingly if you are concerned about the calories. There is much more satisfaction in a small amount of good quality, yummy peanut butter than in a bunch of fake stuff.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #5  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

I love, love PB2. It's powdered PB with the 85% of the fat removed. Yes, it's pricey and I can only find it online. No, it doesn't taste exactly the same. But I get my PB fix for 55 calories a serving instead of 200 so it is totally worth it to me. I put it in yogurt, smoothies, oatmeal, sprinkle it on fruit, and mix it directly with sugar-free jam for a PB&J spread. It's an alternative way to add protein, without adding all of the PB fat.

www.bellplantation.com (and I don't work for the company, I just buy the product!)
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #6  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonsBaby View Post
Personally, I think if it has anything more than peanuts and salt...it isn't peanut butter (and less calories or less fat means they probably put chemicals or something else undesirable in it). You'd be better off finding a good, natural peanut butter and using it sparingly if you are concerned about the calories. There is much more satisfaction in a small amount of good quality, yummy peanut butter than in a bunch of fake stuff.
Yeah! It's like when you see fat-free refried beans. Beans are naturally healthy and good fats. Just like peanut butter. I eat smart balance which is a bit more calories than Jiffy/other brands, but it's good. I like peanut butter is just something you'll have to enjoy in it's high-calorie bliss.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #7  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

I just bought some PB2 and found it to be a fantastic mix-in for oatmeal, smoothies, and cereal, and a great base for peanut sauce. However, when prepared on its own, I think it lacks the full flavor and texture of natural peanut butter. It doesn't taste the same when smeared on bananas or apple slices, but I plan to keep buying it for my daily bowl of oats!

Last edited by Ija; 04-14-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #8  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

I have been avoiding peanut butter because it's one of those things I just can't leave alone if it's in the house but that powdered stuff in nonfat yogurt might just be a win I can't pass up.

edit: Ok I caved, in record time. But HEY! If you try it and it's nasty you can send it back for a refund!

Last edited by prinny; 04-14-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: I ordered some powdered goo.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #9  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I get Skippy all natural creamy peanut butter it's 180 cals for two table spoons and it tastes just like normal peanut butter! it's delish! plus 2 tablespoons is a lot when I make a peanut butter and sugar free jelly sandwich I only use about one table spoon so I only take in half the calories any ways
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I mix 1 TBS. of lowfat Peter Pan with 1 TBS. of Better 'N' Peanut Butter. This combo is 140 calories.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #11  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormwoodDoll View Post
Yeah! It's like when you see fat-free refried beans. Beans are naturally healthy and good fats.
For the record, refried beans are traditionally made by adding lard/rendered pork fat. (Thus, re-FRYing) While most companies don't use lard anymore, they still often at least add some sort of oil or fat. Fat-free beans simply don't have the oil/lard added.

Umm, anywho, I like Kirkland Organic. Two 24 ounce jars of organic PB with naught but peanuts and salt for around $6.50? Too good to pass up.

Last edited by Wolf Goddess; 04-16-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #12  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Talking

I just wanted to update this. I ordered some PB2 and did a tasting on saltines. My DH and I both agree that yeah it's not exactly the same as real peanut butter BUT it doesn't gum up your mouth and tastes as good. He is perfectly satisfied with it and if it passes muster with the DH, it must be good.

Yes it has a little sugar and salt in it but it's such a small amount I am not fussed.

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter Ingredients include: Roasted peanuts, salt, and sugar (NO preservativesor artificial sweeteners).

5 saltines with a serving of PB2 is about 114 calories which is a good snack and I am coming up with many ways to use this stuff in cooking thai peanut sauces (mix it with coconut milk and spices), and other things. Thanks for turning me onto this stuff!
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #13  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

I love the Better'n Peanut Butter at Trader Joe's. 100 calories/ 2 tablespoons. Super yummy!
NorCal Jen is offline   Reply With Quote