Old 04-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/201/140

Height: 5'9

Talking Thinking of joining a meeting this Tuesday

Hello,

I am thinking of joining a meeting on Tuesday in my area. I've had some friends join with success, and it seems like it's right for me, because I can pick my own foods. I was basically wondering how complicated people find this plan, and what the average weight loss would be on a weekly basis if you stick to the plan. I find the price point on WW to be really reasonable, and can't wait to get the point books. Anyways, i'll let you all know when/if I end up joining next week and how it all goes!

maggiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #2  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

You should definitely at least try it out! I'm just barely over 2 weeks into it and am down 4.8 lbs but you do typically lose more in the first couple of weeks. It seems to vary after that depending on how much effort you put into working out and how carefully you track what you eat. I'm liking it so far, definitely.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

I really like it, too...it can be a little overwhelming at first when you're changing your habits and figuring out points, but in no time it will become like 2nd nature. I rarely even have to look anything up anymore- you'll eventually memorize your favourites and you'll get really good at calculating how many points you're eating at a restaurant or a friend's house....

It's the only plan i've ever been able to stick to long term. Good luck! I hope you like it
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

I would say go, the first meeting is free and if you like it then join. It does take some getting used to but really it is pretty easy.
There are a number of sites with great information as well. Look around the net and you will find a lot of people having great success with it.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:08 AM   #5  

Give it a try. I think you will like it.
Stay until the end so that the program can be explained to you. If you have questions, come back on this message board and ask, don't be shy.
Why not plan a grocery shopping trip after you go to your fist meeting and buy healthy foods! After you sit and read through all your materials, make a list and you will feel really good about getting started.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #6  

I like it very much! I have a great success there. Good luck! I think you will like it too!
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:00 AM   #7  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I love WW and have been VERY successful with it. The only reason I'm back at it, after losing my weight and maintaining for 3 years, is because *I* didn't work the program anymore.

I'm a Tuesday meeting goer too!! You can be very successful if you follow the program. It's really quite simple, you can eat whatever you want - the hard part is being accountable!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #8  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

I'm about five weeks in and I love it. I used to calorie count, and was successful at it for a long time, but the points system is SO much simpler. The meetings are great, too. I used to talk everyone's ears off about my food and fitness plans and drive them nuts. Now that I have a forum for that we're all much happier!

Go to your free meeting and check it out. I went to my first meeting a skeptic and ended up joining right way. However, all meetings are different. I went to a different meeting when I was out of town and didn't like it quite as much. I don't know how it works with the free pass, but don't necessarily give up if you're not into the first one you attend.
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote