View Poll Results: What is your current relationship status?
Single 6 26.09%
In a relationship 0 0%
In a long-term relationship 1 4.35%
Living with partner 3 13.04%
Engaged 1 4.35%
Engaged and living with partner 1 4.35%
Married 10 43.48%
Divorced 0 0%
Separated 0 0%
Other 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 12:22 PM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Question Loved up or young, free and single?

Just a quick poll for fun! Seems like there are lots of engagements and weddings going on these days...
My status: living with BF.
Kirsty
Old 06-05-2002, 12:30 PM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Yay - we are in the same boat!!!
Old 06-05-2002, 12:32 PM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry

Not so young, but definitely free and single!!
Old 06-05-2002, 12:41 PM   #4  

All those choices, but I had to pick "Other."

I suppose it could be called a relationship, but I think for now I would define it as dating.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:41 PM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Single and hating it. I've been single all of my life. Don't worry - this really isn't a pitty party... I'm finally doing something about it, but I just can't seem to find ANYONE.

No lie - I've never even been on a real date.

Anyone know any young single men in the Boston area? Just kidding. I've been making progress lately, but nothing concrete.

Lisa
Old 06-05-2002, 03:13 PM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Single. Very Single. Is there an option for single so long that you actually find yourself thinking that Santa might just be hot under that silly red suit? Also, is there any kind of medication or herbs or magic potion to fix the problem of "the guy who notices me is always the best friend of the guy that I'm busy noticing"?

Unlike Lisa, I am throwing a pity party. Only temporarily though because I actually do like all the benefits of being single. I'd just like to date a little more.

Lisa - I know no guys in Boston but have recently discovered that wandering hardware stores in a short black skirt guarantees that men will introduce themselves to you.

Winter
Old 06-05-2002, 04:10 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Well, since there was no "waiting for the ring" category, I chose living with. Ever since he almost chickened out he's been telling me almost daily that he wants to marry me and spend the rest of his life with me. Of course it doesn't help that we have two wedding of two people who are incredibly close to us coming up. Anyway.

KT
Old 06-05-2002, 04:33 PM   #8  

Recently married-we are still newleyweds-boy is marriage a lot of work! We are trying to have fun though
hey Lisa-good to see you! How is my fellow Bostonian(OK, I live near Worcester but whatever!)
Hey everyone else! I am trying hard to stay on the swimsuit challenge-but hubby came home the other night with Ben and Jerry's NY SUper Fudge Chunk!!! I only ate an eigth of a cup tho....what will power!
Old 06-05-2002, 04:39 PM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Winter -

you and me both. I could totally throw a pity party too and I'll be sure to invite you. Santa - I never thought of him that way before.... but I am getting quite desperate! Good to have a fellow singleton out there. I'm beginning to think I should freeze my eggs! Do you ever feel like the last single woman on earth?
AND - I'll have to try that hardware store thing. I am 4'10", so maybe I can have someone reach something for me!

Lori!!!!!! It's so good to come back to the 3FC faithful. Good to see you here!
Old 06-06-2002, 09:52 AM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lisa - as the last single women on earth (well, Jen too) you'd think that it should be much easier to get a date. It must be that my dating standards are too high. You know finding a single, straight, non-crossdressing male since birth is awfully difficult!

Winter
Old 06-06-2002, 10:18 AM   #11  
Bono Fanatic!

Wink

Is it wrong that I really like being single??! I LOVE my life the way it is and am often kind of worried about how much it would change if I had a serious boyfriend. Of course, I do complain if I go a long time without a date. My friends and I joke about how we just want a decent guy to see once or twice a week!

I guess that just means I'll know when I've met the right guy, because I won't feel like I am sacrificing anything to be with him...

and don't worry Winter, my dating standards are high, too. There is nothing wrong with being "picky" or having high standards. I think it just means that you will end up with the right person in the end!
Old 06-06-2002, 10:45 AM   #12  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Engaged for 3wks on Saturday. OH and lisa the wedding date is March 21st. I am hoping to weigh appx 145 We will see!!
Old 06-06-2002, 11:03 AM   #13  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Grace - you can totally do that. No doubt!

Jen and Winter - ugh. Jen, I think it's awesome you like being single. I think I would love being single if at one point in my life I wasn't single. okay - that didn't make sense. I love my life and the freedom, etc.... but I've never been in a relationship and so sometimes I'm just worried I never will be in a relationship.

Winter.... you would think it would be easy to find a guy since we're last single girls on earth.... but then again.. the single guys out there seem to want to stay single.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:34 PM   #14  

Lisa,

I hear you on never having a relationship. The longest one I've had before now was an on-again off-again thing with this guys who treated me like crap and who I didn't even really like. I wouldn't even consider him to really be a boyfreind - case in point nothing for valentine's day or birthday. That was probably 4 years ago. Any other relationships I've ever had were just flings if you know what I mean

I've been dating this guy for about a month, and to be honest I'm scared to death because I just don't know how to be in a relationship. I keep waiting for my life to go back to normal. I also find myself trying to focus on the things that I think won't make it work - like how he's not the most attractive guy around, how he doesn't exercise or eat right, and his crazy lifestyle (bartender), instead of thinking about how he's probably the nicest guy I've ever met and pretty much treats me like a princess (so he's smart too ). I guess what I'm trying to say in this long rambling is that I thought I'd never be in a relationship either, and it's not such an easy thing when you finally get there.

But Jen, I also loved being single! I was never one of those people who felt like they NEEDED a boyfriend to feel worthy. Yes, sometimes it's hard when you're at a wedding or valentine's day...but I honestly don't know what to do with myself at a bar when it's not scoping out the guys
Old 06-06-2002, 01:02 PM   #15  
Cockeyed Optimist

Actually, Jen and Lexxy, I also love being single. I love that I do exactly what I want when I want. I live in a house that suits me perfectly, I have absolute control over my finances, I don't have to visit his family instead of mine for holidays and I never have to share the TV remote. I'm just complaining lately because I haven't been on a date in forever and it turns out that there are a few things in life that are better when men are involved!
Someday when I have more time, I'll share the duplex theory with you.

Lexxy - forgive my rudeness but I'm going to tell you what I'd tell any of my sisters. If you like this guy and he likes you and treats you well......then QUIT OBSESSING......try to relax and just enjoy. Just because he matters alot to you, doesn't mean you have to have all the answers about whether he's "the one" right now.

Alright, I need to get off my soapbox.

Winter
Closed Thread