Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2000, 06:26 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

HI

Wow....we're at thread #25. I'm very happy to see that this group is sticking together, through thick & thin (ewww, that was awful, I know! ), and that we continue to support and enlighten each other.

Have to buckle down and concentrate on drinking more water. It's amazing to see how quickly I can slip into nasty old habits. I don't want to complain or whine...just stating the facts!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Jen
Old 10-17-2000, 08:30 PM   #2  

I just want to remind everyone that there are some posts on page 2 of #24. Welcome to Tina. These girls are a great bunch. Tell us a little about yourself. Here is the Taco Soup recipe.
Sorry it took so long to reply.

TACO SOUP
1/2-1 onion,chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed

1 can black beans,undrained
1 can kidney beans, undrained
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 can white beans, undrained
1 can chopped tomatoes(16oz.)
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix
1 pkg. Ranch Dressing mix

In a larger size pot, saute onion and garlic in Pam. Add beans, all
undrained, tomatoes, taco seaoning, (I started with 1/2 the pkg., and add to
taste) and Ranch dressing mix.
Simmer for about 30 min.to blend flavors. Add water if too thick. I
didn't.
1 cup= 1 point

I dip baked taco chips sometimes. Sometimes I add cheese. If I have just a few points left this is such a great low pt. filler.
Some people have told me that they add ground beef for more points of course, but I love it this way!

Thanks for starting the new thread Jen.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Terri

[This message has been edited by points (edited 10-17-2000).]
Old 10-18-2000, 07:06 PM   #3  

Goodmorning

ahhhhhhh I decided to take the day off today. It was really slow at work yesterday & the day dragged. I don't think I could take 2 days in a row of that. Drove me nuts!!! I had graham crackers in my desk drawer & I found myself picking on them all day out of boredom. You'd think I would know better by now Glad to see everyone is staying on track. Some days I feel I'm getting bored with this program but what else is there? This is the only sensible program out there. I don't think I could go on the high protein diets. I was watching Suzanne Somers on an infomercial & I was almost tempted to order Somersize but then I thought, who am I kidding? It seems like there's alot of cooking involved & with my schedule I need easy meals to prepare.
I will always be a Weight Watcher

Have a great day ladies. We don't have any gents so I won't say ladies & gents.

Have a great day

Old 10-18-2000, 09:15 PM   #4  

Good choice! We all need something we can live with. It will always be a little boring but so will the other "diets". I think more so. Life is boring sometime. Think of some ways to liven it up!
Any ideas out there?
Terri
Old 10-19-2000, 05:16 AM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I finally made it to the loss column and a big one to ****! 3.6 lbs.! I know part is that high fiber cleanse, but I feel so good!

Myra
Old 10-19-2000, 05:51 AM   #6  

Myra, you go girl Sometimes we need to do something a little different to boost up our metabolism. As long as we stay within our points. Who told you about this, if you don't mind me asking? Sounds interesting.

Terri, you are right about the other diets becoming boring also. Remember the lady at my job that I told you about that was on Jenny Craig & is gaining all the weight back? Without exaggeration, she looks even heavier than last week

I shouldn't say anything about this but you are my buddies so I will......I'm considering on rejoining Friday This is becoming a joke. If they had a contest on who has rejoined the most in NY I'd be on the top of their list!! But you know what? It's better than giving up. So we shall see.

Journal, exercise & drink lots of water. I need to practice what I preach.

Goodnight

Old 10-19-2000, 06:53 AM   #7  
Lifetimer

Essie,
This weight loss is just a side effect from the cleanse that I did not consider when I started it. I have a hormone imbalance I am trying to treat without any chemicals if possible. I was listening to a health-related call in talk show with a guy who was a chiropractor and MD and told him my problem. He suggested that I try detoxing my liver as well as staying away from fats and refined sugars. He said it was a long shot, but I figured it was worth a try. When I bought the cleanse I notice it was largely fiber. That is probably why I had a dramatic weight loss. But I wouldn't suggest anyone do it just to lose weight. It is just a week or two week cleanse to detoxify the body. But I think I will now try to stay with relatively high fiber foods and see where that takes me.

Myra
Old 10-19-2000, 09:00 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi,

First of all, Myra, I have to say good going on the 3.6 pound loss! That amount is great, regardless of how you lost it. How do you feel? I've always kind of "pooh-poohed" the whole herbal experience. Now you have me wondering. I do know that I feel great when I concentrate on a high fiber diet. Apparently there's something to it.

Essie, hang in there. If you hold the record in New York, then I'm the record maker in Chicago! As far as I can remember, I've joined WW 8 times. What does that tell you? And,,,,the last 4 times were within the last 5 years. I don't know why I have such a hard time committing. But I do know that even though I'm not an "official" member, I will continue to try at home.

Terri, you are OUR ROCK!!!!!!! Thanks for the support.

Have a good Thursday!

Jen
Old 10-19-2000, 09:15 AM   #9  
Chick

points,

Thanks so much for posting the Taco Soup recipe! It sure does look delicious and I will be making it this weekend.

Thanks, too, for the tip about a page two in a thread. I hadn't seen that before and will look further for information from now on.

Right now my biggest challenge seems to be keeping myself from getting on the scales too frequently. But I saw a thread about that and am reading it to help nip this one in the bud.

I am so impressed with how supportive everyone is here...it helps SO MUCH!

Again, thanks!!

------------------
~Tina~ "This time I'm taking it off the right way!"
Old 10-19-2000, 02:41 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone, I have been gone so long I almost got lost . I have been busy firing my realtor and looking for a new one and trying to overcome my fear of public speaking, I go for WW training this weekend, aaarrrrhhhhhh. I am so freaked out. I just wanted to stop in and say HI to everyone and wish you all healthy eating and good choices. I will be back next week to fill you in on the leader training, who knows I may even be a leader next week if fear doesn't kill me.....
Welcome Tina, arn't these gals wonderful???
Well good luck to all of you and I will be back next week, have a GREAT WEEKEND!!! Janie
Old 10-19-2000, 05:43 PM   #11  
Lifetimer

Janie, glad to have you back. I'm looking forward to our leader (or at least leader in training) giving us her expert advice!

Jen,
I'm a real believer in herbs. I use them to relax me (both herbal teas and aromatherapy)and to treat some sicknesses (I do go to a doctor, however, if all fails). They really work and some people in the medical community are starting to admit it. Andrew Weil, who is one of the largest supporters of herbal medicine, is a MD. There are some other doctors joining the ranks of herb supporters. I was shocked when I went to my doctor earlier this year with bronchitis. He prescribed the usual antibiotics but also told me to take echinacea. That is where the true strength of herbs is, combining them with traditional Western medicine.

Enough of a soapbox, but this is a subject close to my heart. I feel somewhat better already. I'm not dragging nearly as much. My mood is better. It hasn't cured my female problems yet, but it is making me feel better in general. I'll tell you more once I stop the cleanse, which is this weekend.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Myra
Old 10-19-2000, 09:35 PM   #12  

Myra- that is absolutly wonderful about your loss. I'm so glad you feel better. I am a believer in herbs too. My husband takes a few things that have helped him.

Jen- Thanks for the compliment. (Not sure if I'm worthy) You are pretty special yourself. If I didn't have my buddies I don't know if I would still be going to WW. It has made a world of difference. Thanks GUYS!

Essie- I joined twice in Fl.and twice in Al. One of which I made lifetime and the other I took my baby all of the time (he was a quiet baby)so people would see that I just had a baby. When he got too old I stopped taking him. The effect wore off. LOL

Tina- You are so welcome!! I make that stuff every Mon. I love it. I too used to get on the scale a lot and it was a mind altering experience. It could make or break me. It made me happy or mad. Fluctuations are so common and it is best that we don't know about them. :confused: Let them go up and down and have fun. Mine were like a rollercoaster. As long as it came into the terminal by weigh-in I was fine. Good job on trying to stay off.

Janie- Welcome back our FEARLESS leader. You can do it. Good luck! They will love you!

Mary and Dianne, Where are you guys? :confused:

Have a great Day everyone.
Terri

[This message has been edited by points (edited 10-19-2000).]
Old 10-20-2000, 05:31 AM   #13  

Hello my cyberspace Buds

I am so glad it's Thursday. This is the beginning of my weekend. Today was a good OP day. I wrote down everything I ate. One bad thing was that I didn't exercise. I had my Taebo tape out & all I did was look at it Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Myra, before my Dad passed on he was really getting into herbs. He had a couple of things wrong with him but when he started taking the herbs he swore he felt better. Aren't you glad your cleanse is almost over? The main thing here is that it's made you feel better.

Terri, you inspire us more than you know. You're the one that got me started here in the first place. I'm very happy I started posting in this thread cause I've had the pleasure to meet all of you.

It's funny cause I always felt so embarrassed about all the times I've joined WW & from these boards & others there are many women out there that have joined lots of times throughout the years. So I guess I shouldn't feel so bad huh? I really believe I will never give up. What do you think WW has up their sleeve? You think it's less carbs? I can't stand when they do this. They hint & don't tell I know one thing for sure the points are staying. I hope :confused:

Janie, you can do it. Keep us posted.

Tina, I useto weigh myself every morning. I don't weigh everyday anymore, maybe twice week. When I go back to WW (meetings) I'll stick with weighing in once a week.

Be back tomorrow!
Have a nice evening
Old 10-20-2000, 06:08 AM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi! It's so good to see such a busy day here, with all your posts.

Myra, at my former job I was dept. head of the over the counter drugs, which included herbal supplements. I know that they have increased in popularity over the last few years, and many people swear by them. You sound pretty knowledgeable in that area, and I'm glad that you've been successful this week with your cleansing. You sound like you're feeling pretty good!

Janie, good luck! Make sure you come back here and tell us what you've learned.

Essie, I was on such a roll with exercising last month,and then just lost all motivation! I went to the library yesterday and found a WW toning & stretching tape, just to do something different. I haven't tried it yet. Must look at it tomorrow! At any rate, I've realized that I get bored verrrry easily, so am looking for a few more videos. I will not give up!

Terri, you were the reason I returned to this group after not posting for a while. Your posts are always positive, you don't whine (like I do!). The story of taking your baby to the meetings was too funny!

Toni, I hope you continue to check in here. I have a sister in law who used to not only get on the scale daily, but she was so curious about how she had done on any given day that she kept a flashlight on her nightstand, and got up in the middle of the night to weigh herself (scale is in her bedroom)! Now, THAT'S extreme!

You know, since I let up on the exercising, all my old aches and pains are returning. I've got lower back pain again, all the time. It had gone away when I was working out. That is incentive enough for me to start again. Wish me luck!

Have a nice evening everyone.

Jen

Old 10-20-2000, 06:37 AM   #15  
Chick

Wow, what a terrific bunch of positive reinforcement to read each day. Pookamoon, you are so right...everyone does seem wonderful!

Thanks points and livingfit, for the affirmation about the frequency of getting on the scale. I managed NOT to step on it today because I was feeling good and didn't want a normal fluctuation to diminish that feeling. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so I will just find out then!

I told my husband about the Taco Soup recipe and I think he is looking forward to tasting it as much as I am.

Thank you all for giving me hope and smiles. I hope I can someday give some back!

------------------
~Tina~ "This time I'm taking it off the right way!"
Closed Thread