Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #1  
Turbo Jammer

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Default 20-Somethings Turbo Jammers

Anyone out there doing Turbo Jam besides me? I noticed a forum for 30 DS and WW... thought I might start one for TJ. Currently I am doing the 20 minute workout and Turbo Sculpt. Ok, I cannot yet successfully complete Turbo Sculpt w/o a break. Can we just say OW!!!! I want to move up to Cardio Party soon.
missamelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #2  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Hey! Thanks foe starting this thread, I'm turning 23 and I am a turbo jammer. Chalene is the hero to the tedious exercise video villain. What is everyone's favorite workout or move? Which one really kicks your butt?
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi there!
I also just started turbo Jam...I've been doing the cardio party and the Ab Jam for the past week or so.

Reddalice- My fave move is the wheel! There isn't really any one particular move that I dislike, but those kicks get to me after a while

Thanks for starting this thread, missamelissa!
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I do TJ also. I did Cardio Party yesterday. I like to do the 20 minute one and turbo sculpt together. I feel like a million bucks when I'm done. If I'm short on time I do the 20 minute workout and the 10 minute standing portion of Ab Jam. I also love the wheel.

I mix in Biggest Loser Boot Camp and 30 DS also so I don't get board but I've been going back to TJ more and more lately. Think I'll try to get turbo sculpt in tonight because I haven't done it since Sat. Tuesdays are so hard to fit anything in for me but I'll work my hardest to at least do that much.

You'll get it after awhile. And like she says, pretty soon you'll just do the moves and not listen to her cues at all. It comes to you pretty fast.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #5  
Turbo Jammer

I like the wheel too. I also like to pump it and I like to do the football drill.

Something I have not yet figured out- are we supposed to be doing the Turbo Tuck during all the moves? Chalene doesn't really mention it during the 20 minute workout.

I am determined to do Turbo Sculpt all the way through w/o a break. It hurts so much! I know it's a good pain, but DANG!

Have you guys seen Chalean Extreme? It looks intense! Chalene doesn't look like her ususally bubbly self! She looks rather serious and hard core!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #6  
Turbo Jammer

I just tried Ab Jam tonight after my 20 minute workout. I loved it! I think I may do that video for awhile instead of Turbo Sculpt. Don't worry, I am not giving up Turbo Sculpt, but I dread doing it. Ab Jam excites me so I am sticking to that!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #7  

I want Chalene Extreme BAD!

I didn't get to Turbo Sculpt. I'll do it tomorrow. I took my dog for a walk and then did the 10 minute standing portion of ab jams 2 times.

I keep the tuck in on all videos at all times.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #8  
Turbo Jammer

I want it too. It looks awesome. Not only are you burning fat, but you're toning and building strength. Awesome! I love that my abs are burning from AB Jam yesterday. Can't wait to do it again tonight. I am thinking of changing up my routine a bit. Here is what I am thinking:

Monday- Cardio Party
Tuesday- Ab Jam
Wednesday- Cardio Party
Thursday- Turbo Sculpt
Friday- Cardio Party
Saturday- rest
Sunday- rest

I seem to recall a similar schedule in the book.. but I can't find it. Does anyone have it handy and is willing to share?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #9  

I don't have the book. Sorry. I did Turbo Sculpt today.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #10  

Hi Ladies,

I did the cardio party and turbo sculpt today- I felt amazing after! I actually didn't find the turbo sculpt too difficult- i think probably because I had gotten used to the 30 Day Shred. But I really liked it and I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow.

Chalean extreme scares me a bit..haha..Chalene definitely looks way more intense than in TJ. The size of the weights are a bit intimidating... I'd love to hear about it if any of you decide to get it, though!

Good job, ladies- let's keep at it!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #11  

I did Punch, Jam and Kick today. I haven't done it since like last summer so it kicked my butt. It felt great and I burned 491 calories. Woohoo. Might have to do that one again tomorrow so I don't feel so guilty eaten Easter dinner.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #12  
Takin it 1 day at a time

S/C/G: 200/165/130

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missamelissa View Post
I want it too. It looks awesome. Not only are you burning fat, but you're toning and building strength. Awesome! I love that my abs are burning from AB Jam yesterday. Can't wait to do it again tonight. I am thinking of changing up my routine a bit. Here is what I am thinking:

Monday- Cardio Party
Tuesday- Ab Jam
Wednesday- Cardio Party
Thursday- Turbo Sculpt
Friday- Cardio Party
Saturday- rest
Sunday- rest

I seem to recall a similar schedule in the book.. but I can't find it. Does anyone have it handy and is willing to share?
Books & Images
http://rapidshare.com/files/8218753/...ms1_extras.zip

BTW - there is another thread for turbo jam - here's the link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ighlight=turbo
debbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #13  
joley* is back...

S/C/G: 226.6/218.6/125

Height: 5 feet zero

I love Turbo Jam! I want Chalean Extreme too.
joleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #14  

I can't believe how much I love this workout! I usually hate working out, and I actually find myself looking forward to doing the Cardio Party Chalene is the best!

How long have you ladies been doing TJ? What kind of results have you seen so far?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #15  

I don't really get into Cardio Party anymore for some reason. I love the Punch Kick and Jam and have done that the past 2 days. I am going to go do Turbo Sculpt in a few minutes and may add the 20 Minute Workout on to that if my girls are sleeping. Otherwise I promised we'd go outside when I finish the first one. They'll never know if I keep going will they! LOL!