Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 08:47 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Morning all...hope everyone is doing well.

Terri, I've got the taco soup simmering on the stove, and it smells great. The temperatures outside are falling, we're in for possible sleet or flurries on Saturday, so this is the first of many pots of soup for the winter! I love soup, would rather have that for dinner most days. Lucky for me my husband feels the same.

Have a great day

Jen
Old 10-05-2000, 10:43 PM   #2  

Hi Jen. I'm glad you are tring the soup. I sometimes put a piece of cheese on the top. Sometimes I also use it as a dip for baked tostitoes. If I have enough points. I usually keep it for when someone puts a curve into my plans. Speaking of which...
I love and hate it when my DH calls and says "Hey let's go eat at..." I love being with him but there goes my menu. Oh well!!! That is a part of my new lifestyle I guess. I'll bet the Lasagna was good.

Janie,
That is great that you can get a meeting going in your new town. They will be just as scared as you. You will be fine! Good luck!

Hey everyone else! Have a great day!
Terri
Old 10-06-2000, 02:17 PM   #3  

Hi All !!! I guess I need to think about what it was like being a member at a WW meeting, I thought the leader was wonderful, so smart! Maybe they will feel the same about me, I dunno, I'm still scared stiff of perple looking at me and expecting some sorta wisdom to come out of my mouth. YIKES!
Anyway, I know what you mean about the gas, but seems like I have gas all the time anyway so I just eat the beans and toot away, lucky for me I am alone most of the time. I can't wait to try the Taco Soup, chili is my favorite, I always reward myself by making chili on Monday then I pig out after the meeting, sigh:O before I start the new week and promise to do better.... I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, we are supposed to drop to a chilly 90 degrees by Sunday, ugh. Bye Janie
Old 10-06-2000, 05:54 PM   #4  

This is a test {{{{errrrr}}}}}}}}
Old 10-06-2000, 06:12 PM   #5  

Hi Guys
Yesterday I typed this long message to all of you & when I hit submit reply IT DIDN'T GO THROUGH This doesn't happen to anybody else!!! Anyway, that was yesterday so let me get over it.

Terri, you know about me & the taco soup. Do you know what Beano is? That's what I needed after I ate it. Nothing ever gave me as much gas as this did & I only had a little. It was good too I know how you feel when hubby says "let's go out to eat", plans go right out the window!!

I have a birthday party to go to tomorrow. My brother has 5 KIDS & the youngest(twin boys) are going to be three. They are sooooo cute but they definitely were the terrible 2's! I enjoy spending time with my brother cause everytime I'm with him I learn something new about exercise. I think he invited some of his "buffed clients" which for me is good cause after looking at them I won't want cake. lol

Janie, I admire you for having such courage. When you get up in front of your group, you'll see, it's going to be a piece of cake. Figures I would use that expression You'll do just fine. Come on over to Long Island so you could be my leader

Jen, I love the fall. For me it's cozy & relaxing. I wish I can have taco soup I'm going to start having soup for lunch during the week. I haven't made the veggie soup in quite a while. I'm off for 4 days so it gives me time to look thru cook books to find a easy, filling soup.

Be back later or tomorrow morning. Have a great day.

Weighed this a.m. & stayed the same.
173/169/150

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 10-06-2000).]
Old 10-06-2000, 09:19 PM   #6  

Essie,
That is too bad about the Taco Soup. It affects me a little, but not much. I definately shouldn't do aerobics after I eat it. LOL I like the thickness of it.
The twins sound so cute! LOL on the cake. I definately wouldn't want to eat it after seeing them.

Janie,
You will do fine. They will love you! I like your attitude. If they don't have a meeting you will create one. WOW!

Jen, Mary, Myra and Dianne- Have a great day!
Terri
Old 10-06-2000, 11:47 PM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, the guys (husband and son) rated your taco soup a "do again", a term we decided to use whenever I try a new recipe. I added jalapenoes to my bowl, as I love hot peppers. It was so easy to make, now I can see why you make a batch at the beginning of the week to have on hand. I make beans (especially black beans,yum) quite often, so we didn't experience any problem from gas. We must be immune! At any rate, it was good, thanks again for the recipe.

Essie, have fun at the party. I know you'll do fine when it comes to the cake! By the way, as far as not seeing your post on #23 thread.... I've seen that happen to others, you have to hit the refresh button after you post. Something I never knew till someone told us!

Janie, public speaking is everyone's #1 fear....dozens of books have been written about it, so don't worry, you're not alone. Why don't you go to the library and check out some material about it? It might help to calm your nerves. Look at it this way, you'll be discussing a topic that you like, and people want to hear what you have to say. Go get 'em!

Myra and Dianne, how's it going? I'm afraid I'm in this maintaining rut, and getting in deeper; definitely need a "kick-start" or boost, or whatever. Hang in there, we will succeed at this!

Jen
Old 10-07-2000, 12:03 AM   #8  

Glad you liked it Jen. When I have a few points to spare i love to use it as a dip. Mmmmm! I am going to have some for dinner. I weigh in tomorrow! Wish me luck. If I can go. I haven't checked the schedules for games yet.
Terri
Old 10-07-2000, 12:53 AM   #9  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Jenny,

I know what you are going through. I am just emerging from my rut, or trying to. I've been writing everything down again now for three days in a row after not doing it for weeks. Trying to get that water down as well. It is one meal at a time, right? That's what I keep telling myself. I am determined to see a loss this week. Cross your fingers.

Terri, good luck on your weigh in, but I know you will do great. You always do! I wish the program would click for me the way it has for you!

Myra
Old 10-07-2000, 06:10 PM   #10  

Just checking in to say have a great OP day.
I have the birthday party today & I'm going to try real hard to stay within my points.
I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

Terri, whether you have a small gain or loss you're doing great. Good luck girlfriend
Old 10-07-2000, 06:56 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good morning!

Terri, good luck on your weigh-in today. You've got a great attitude.

Myra, it sounds as though you're making a determined effort. Good for you. I totally agree, it is one meal at a time. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be posting a loss this week. We can do this.

Have a great Saturday....OP!
Jen
Old 10-08-2000, 09:47 AM   #12  

Thanks Myra, Jen and Essie,
We are all doing a great job by just NOT GIVING UP!!!!! It will click. I hit plateaus about every 25 pounds. They are the pits! Thanks for all of your kind words, but I could not do it w/o my buddies in my groups. We are all in this together!

I lost 1.3 lbs. total=28.6 Thanks guys!
Terri
Old 10-09-2000, 05:35 AM   #13  

Hello everyone

Terri, great job!! You are doing so well.

Thank God tomorrow is Monday. I always say Monday is my best day because I can start fresh. I had a pretty big piece of ice cream cake. You think I would have said "this is too big" & could have given it to someone else but nooooo I just ate it like it was alright Then you know the routine, waking up the next day with I shouldn't of.
After I finish here, I'm planning my menu for tomorrow, I'm off because of Columbus Day. I'll be busy at home cleaning. I better forget about Taebo Basic, I better do Taebo Advanced

Hope everyone had a great weekend
Old 10-09-2000, 09:13 AM   #14  

It is o.k. You enjoyed it. Essie, We are going to have so many "I shouldn't haves in our lives." This is our life now. Starting off great Monday is wonderful and the all important step we will always need to take.
Good luck to you!
Terri
Old 10-09-2000, 07:01 PM   #15  

Goodmorning

Being off on a Monday feels so good! I wish I could retire. I still have a long way to go unless we hit the lottery. I was thinking, I'm 46 which means I still have another 15-20 yrs to retire Oh well (sigh)

Thanks alot Terri for making me feel better
You are right. This is for life & there will be many functions, holidays are the worst, but this is what's so wonderful about 123. I never do reverse banking, maybe I should do that next time.

It's 8:00 am I have to sign off to call DH. He's on his 15 minute break. Be back later.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread