Old 04-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

Default I did it again

Failed that is....

I do this every single time! I lose a little bit of weight and then I stop trying and I go back to eating crappy foods and not going to work out. I don't know if any of you have ever hit this wall. My first month, a month of just changing my eating habits, I lost ten pounds. I'm not back up two for a total loss in two months of 8 pounds. UGH!!! I go to the gym with my dad usually but he's not very good at motivating me to go. He'll ask, which is good, but then if I say no or I don't know, he'll just say 'fine. bye' and then leave. I know he's disappointed, especially since I have this membership and paying for it and not using it much lately.

I'm just clueless right now. I feel like giving up
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:51 AM   #2  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Maybe you should loosen up your plan. The more strict it is, the easier it is to fail.

My plan now is sooooo loose that I am only losing 1-3 lbs a month. I've lost 12 lbs in 7 months. BUT... I haven't gained. And I've never felt like I've failed. Previous to this I've "failed" and started over so many times, it only ended up with me gaining weight. When I loosened up my idea of how I was going to lose weight, I finally stopped failing and started consistently losing.. albeit very slowly.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I agree with joyra that you might be making too many changes at once, so it feels unnatural and you soon revert. Maybe just start by going to the gym; don't worry about changing your food intake. After exercising regularly for a while you'll see changes in your body that might motivate you to eat better without feeling like a diet's being forced on you. Plus, appetite regulation will kick in from the exercise.

You also might be reverting because it's just so much easier to go off plan. Your dad may invite you to the gym, but if the house is full of junk and you're tired after school/work of course you're going to eat it. Try to make things as easy as possible on yourself by finding healthy meals that don't require much preparation and getting your favorite fruits to munch on when you're feeling snack-ish.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

You are not a failure! you're in progress. The only thing to do is to re-evaluate what made you go off plan and take steps to fix it. Would you rather do this or just keep gaining?
And you can't expect your dad to make you go to the gym, the drive has to come from you, whether you feel like it at the time or not.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #5  
Im naked under my clothes

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/165

Height: 5' 7

Dust yourself off and get back on the wagon girl!
Getting Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

That's how I am. I stick to plan for a week or 2 and exercise then I have an off day, followed by another and soon it becomes an off-week or 2. I think it's been about 3 now. While I've been eating a lot of bad food, I try not to eat too much of it. I haven't gained anything back, and I think I'm still losing, but I plan on getting back on track soon. I learned not to get too discouraged as long as I'm not regaining. This way seems to work for me.
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

I am the same way! I am OP for a week or so, then something triggers an off day, and that triggers several off days, then before I know it, I gained back what I lost.
Joyra- I wish I was doing what you are doing! Granted you are losing slowly, but you are losing! I am probably the same weight 7 months ago as I am now. Granted I did lose, but I gained it back! soo frustrating! What is your plan? How many calories? How often do you work out? What is your mantra for special occasions, ie weddings? holidays? Help!!!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote