Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2002, 07:46 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls #44~

Here you go.......... a nice fresh new thread. Don't pass up looking at the posts on the last thread #43. Have a good night. I'm going to bed early. I'm very, very tired.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:39 PM   #2  
Teacher chick

I like fresh new threads. Pammy, I don't know what happened to my post. I don't even remember emailing you, but that only means my age is catching up with me. I have 5 days of school left. We're dealing with a bunch right now and I am not OP. I think I told you all that Matt had an emergency appendectomy on Mother's Day, which is a lot of a 10 year old. Mike (the 19 year old) had his wisdom teeth extracted this past Wednesday and he's still in pain, which upsets me. We went to a wedding and Steve overdid it. I slept all afternoon, which means I'll be up all night, which means I'll be unable to awaken in the morning. Sheesh.

But in 5 days, that will be my last day of school!

Hi everyone.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:22 PM   #3  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Geeeez Judy - You're beginning to sound like me?!! and that's not good.

So sorry to hear that you've got so much stress going on. I hope you DO get to sleep tonight. I'm going to bed as soon as I finish this post to you. Tomorrow is Li'l Billy's first day of SUMMER SCHOOL. He needs some extra help in reading and reading comprehension and I'm so glad he's able to go so he wont drag behind in 2nd grade. Since he has ADHD, they've accepted him. He didn't have to go but then, he doesn't have to know that either now, does he......heh-heh. It will only help him and God knows, I need all the help I can get with him ...... it's very hard to keep his attention unless he's on his ritalin and I try to keep him off it when he's not in school. Thank Goodness it's for only 3 weeks. Their last day of school was last Friday. I'm glad you've got only one week left. You need to take care of yourself and your family. You certainly have a FULL PLATE. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers my Judygal.
Hugs and sweet dreams,
Love ya to bits,
~Pamela~
Old 06-03-2002, 04:47 AM   #4  

Judy..hope you got some sleep and the men in your life get to feeling better!

PJ..hope summer scholl helps little Billy. I'm not a coffee person, just could not get used to it now even the caffine free tea seems to bother me at night. (they say some may still contain caffine) I think some of it does! I try my best with this new way of eating and have done well so far. I just had my 2 year WW anniversay I ended up having some toast with a hint of PB on it and a banana, figured it was too late for the ice cream and didn't want to be peeing the bed!
Old 06-04-2002, 11:01 PM   #5  

I lost my last message to you so "hi" to all the old Nightowls (I mean Original Nightowls since you are all younger than I am). I am in Northridge, los angeles, CA and as soon as I get back to Hampton, VA, Pamela Jo I will invite you to visit me; bring Judygal and Watermelon with you. . My friend from second grade grammar school who helped me drive out here are no longer frineds!!!!Will write when I get home when she isn't over my shoulder. Thannks Pamela Jo for not sending me stuff at home so my inbox shouldn't be too full. Better stop beffore I lose this. Love, Freddie, FNB. or Effenbee
Old 06-04-2002, 11:26 PM   #6  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Geeeez Freddie - I'm sorry things don't seem so good for you and your friend right now. All I know is you've both been doing alot of driving and it would take it's toll on ANY relationship......God forbid I was in a long car trip with my husband and kids. AAAHHHH!!!!!!! I'd be pulling my hair out. I'm a flier......can't and wont do long car trips anymore. I guess it's from my child hood when my father would sometimes have us drive for days at a time to get to somewhere. I always liked it better when we had to go overseas and got to fly.
Since you two have been friends for sooo long Freddie, I just know you'll work things out. You can't be friends for that long and not be able to STILL be friends now!!!!!! I really do hope you two "get things worked out". I miss ya....and be careful. I hate it when someone I care about is driving around "out there" with all the "whackos"..........
Hugs,
Old 06-05-2002, 01:55 AM   #7  

..my son says he has trouble meeting nice girls and the one he is dating now is giving him problems but he hates to let her go. ....geeze young kids these days. I told him I thought she was to imature for him but he had to make his on decision on breaking up or not, but he told me some stuff that was was doing and and he is being very tolerant! (she is seeing old boyfirends on the side!) I do not think she is the right one for him but the again he has to make the decision. He is 24 and she is 21(but very spoiled and needs lots of attention). I am trying to stay out of it and let him make his on mistakes. I had to take a xanax to calm down! Some of the stuff he told me is x-rated! I could not even tell DH all of it cause he is a prude!

WE got a littled bit of rain, needed much more! Supposed to be normal temps the next few days. Hope I can get outside too.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:51 AM   #8  

Hey guys, long time no see huh? I dont know if any one will remember me at all. I used to message all the time about maybe a year ago or so. I was living up in New Jersey and then just last year I moved to Viginia Beach, Va to live with my boyfriend. I've been doing well for a while now and now I'm ready to get back on WW. A bunch of friends from work are doing it now and I believe another friend will start with me too. It's helpful when you have people around you doing it. I've been back on it since Saturday. I think I've been doing alright. The first couple of days was a struggle, but I'm getting into it now. Drinking water is always a struggle for me, but it's good that I have Jeff here with me, cause he'll just put it right in front of me and have me drink it. well, I just wanted to pop in and say hello, I'll be back tonite to check everything out. I'm getting ready to leave for work. I'll check in later. Hope everyone has a great day. talk to you soon.

Erica
Old 06-05-2002, 06:47 PM   #9  

Default Post from Effenbee (Freddie)

Hi everyone, I am just copying this post from Effenbee, she posted it on an old thread by mistake.

Hey Brenda: Good to see Punky again. I am visiting my son in Califfornia and have to stand in line with his children to use the computer. I am not familiar with his computer so have much trouble. Will try to get on this site when I get back to Virginia. I can remember when one of your daughters lived at the military base near me but that was years ago. Better quit before I lose what I have typed already. Love, Freddie, FNB, Effenbee, and one of the original nightowls.

Effenbee, sure is nice to "see" you again. How have you been? Janessa, my daughter is still living in Virginia, in Virginia beach actually. She is about 6 months pregnant right now.

PJ, Yes that is me in the baseball picture, thanks for the compliment. I am really struggling right now though, this is day #2 of not smoking, maybe I will be able to stay off them this time.

I took the girls to 6 flags new england on Sunday and we had a ball. We got season passes and it is only like an hour drive away so we should make it a few times this summer. Lots of walking exercise there, LOL!

Erica, oh my god, I remember you very well. It sounds like everything is going well for you. Catch us up when you can.

Candice, wow you have your hands full!!! It is so hard when our children have troubles, especially with the opposite sex. I remember how much it can hurt at that age, heck at any age. I think you are definitely right in letting him make his own decision, it is really the only way to go. Hang in there.

Later Friends
Brenda
Old 06-06-2002, 07:02 PM   #10  

Hey everyone, how's it going? Not too bad here. it's been almost a week since I've started WW again. I still have to buy a scale so i can keep track of how much I've lost. i went to Walmart today on my break and checked out the scales. i stepped on 3 different kinds and they said 3 different things. So I have no idea which to believe. Does anyone have any suggestions of which kind of scale would be best to get?
Old 06-07-2002, 05:54 AM   #11  

Erica.....I have a digital "Thinner" scale and love it..I think what ever you get will be fine......The kind in the docs office are so expensive but nice if you can afford it. just make sure you weigh the same time everyday and in the same clothing (I prefer first thing in the morning in my gown after peeing! ) Sounds like you are off to a good start!

My son did ask for my advice and I tried to be impartial....he just wanted for someone to agree with him that there was a trust issue and it was her fault. (She did not think that lying to him was a problem cause she says nothing happened with the other guys!) So far they are still together but DH and I are not real pleased with her (since the beginning she has made comments about our family not being a loving family! ) We just are not real afectionate in public or have many family get togethers cause I am not able. To her... this is no love..........her parents are real liberal and my son says they are way cooler than DH and I Yo..Mama.........I'm cool! Blah..Blah..Blah!

Still maintaing.....................wel I lost another one but as long as the scale is not going up I don't mind!
Old 06-08-2002, 02:35 AM   #12  

Worked outside today and it was a nice one!

Judy..the pictures you sent to PJ are great but who are they of???? You and your boys??????????????????
Old 06-08-2002, 09:38 AM   #13  
Teacher chick

Candice, that was me, my husband Steve and Matt, our 10 year old. I'm glad you liked them. I didn't have your email addy. I was going to post them here but I didn't know how to shrink em!

Yesterday was my last day of school. I'm officially on summer recess until August 19th. YEA! I'm celebrating by going to get a makeover!

Hi everyone. Have a good weekend.
Old 06-08-2002, 05:11 PM   #14  
Getting back on track!

Hi Everyone!

I have really missed you all! Things have been crazy with the house. We are finally in!!!! Boxes everywhere but I am just unpacking a few a day and trying not to kill myself. I have to get back to WW. I don't even want to see the scale. I am going to catch up on at least this thread tonight and I think I can finally get back and be a normal poster now and I know that will help me...you guys are the best. I did see Miss Erica is back, missed you girl!!!

PJ aka Computer Whiz helped me shrink a picture of my new home so here it is:
Be back soon! Have a great day!
Setina
Old 06-08-2002, 05:14 PM   #15  
Getting back on track!

The only thing the house is missing is flowers...Candace you need to come for a visit
Closed Thread