Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: March 30-April 5

NEW PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good morning:

Thank goodness I have to go to work. A workman is coming today to start work on a few items, including a new kitchen floor.

I did OK with food over the weekend, but didn't get in anymore walking yesterday. I thought that chasing a 4 year old around an apartment should count for something...we had a good time. Most importantly he went right to bed with a minimum amount of fussing.

Have a great day, and "do the right thing!"

BBL today,
Rhonda
Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #3  

oh my, it really is a good thing I have to go to work...the workman has arrived and he is a Tom Sellek look- alike

Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I'm so happy Got on the scale for my Monday W-I and I lost 1.3-lbs. this week. I think the small plates for portion size is helping.

Going out to celebrate our 12th year of retirement on the Cape. Going to take it easy and find something that will fit into my calorie count today.I have 28pts today,and I spend 15 for breakfast,supper & snack so I'm calculating I have 13 pts left for dinner.

RHONDA-Thanks for the start up,and Wow I would be talking & drooling at him while he was working,if he looked like Tom Selleck. We're planning to let some kind of flooring in our kitchen dining area,but we haven't decided what kind.

COCO-I love quite family oriented days also I can't wait until Easter week as my DD and her family are coming up for a visit. We watched the Arnold Palmer Invitational on NBC and watched Tiger win the trophy.It was his 6th,and we were every happy to see him win having that knee problem and all.

Have a great morning
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:06 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. I've been MIA for a few days. I've been fighting something - bad headaches and coughing. DD and I skipped her chior practice yesterday, when I got home from church, my head ached, it was pouring and cold so I told her it was cancelled. Yes, I'm a bad mom. There are 2 more rehersals before Easter services, she already knows the words and the hand motions. I do feel better today.

Foodwise I'm doing OK. Vickie - I made your lasgna recipe. YUMMY! The pan is huge. I figured the points, with 12 servings for the 9x13 pan, its 5 points per serving. Not bad at all for lunches. If I cut it into 15 servings it would be 4 points. Your recipe had it with 9 servings which would be way too much for me. Thanks for the recipe, its a keeper.

Not much else going on here. Hope everyone is doing OK. I'm off to read and catch up.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #6  

Morning Everyone
Just getting on for a few.
Need to get around and get ready to go to town. Have some errands to run. And get some salad making stuff. Lettuce, carrots ect. And go to WW.

TEJAS I will be right there. I will gladly supervise your work project. I LOVE Tom Selleck. We have a TV channel here. And Monday Thru Friday. At 9:00 pm they have reruns of Magnum PI. And I love him in his Jesse Stone movies. Glad you had a good time babysitting.

ONTARGET I have started getting my flower beds ready to plant anything in them. We are having alot of deer coming in the yard. So dont know that I plant anything. If they will stay. Afraid the deer will eat them off. I had a couple of little tulips last year come up. Went out. Deer ate them off. They are even coming right up to our front porch at night. When we dont see them. But they are leaving us a message they have been here. Little piles of stuff. Even right on the walk. Oh well. I do enjoy watching the babies though. They are so cute when they start playing and running around.

BEACHBUM CONGRATS ON THE LOSS. That is great. Enjoy your retirement anniversary.

VICKIE hope you are doing ok. Hope weigh in goes well.
Well I got to get off here and get busy.
I do have a load of laundry in the washer. And need to do one more before I get ready to go to town. Hope everyone has a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #7  

BLESSEDWITHSARAH
Hope you get to feeling better.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #8  
Donna

Good Morning All,

Came down to type up my menu for the next couple of weeks then I'm headed out to the grocery store (whoopie). Then knitting tonight, should be fun.

Didn't get my walk in yesterday, it was cold and windy here and then the rain changed over to snow.....Luckily we didn't get much not even enough to shovel here in the city. Hopefully we can make it thru April w/o snow that would be great. It was a good day to stay inside and watch college hockey and basketball. Have to walk today tho hopefully I'll be able to get it in between shopping and dinner.

MaryAnn - Congrats on the loss

Paula - Hope you're feeling better.

Vicki - Hope wi went well.

Sandra - DH likes On the Border too. I could take it or leave it

Coco - We went and saw "Watchmen" it was good although pretty violent. I felt like I was back at school where the guys out numbered the girls tho.

Well I should get a move on.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

I only lost .4 for a total of 15.8. That's .4 for the last 3 weeks and 10 pounds in 10 weeks at JC. They upped me from 1700 to 2000 calories. I'm scared to eat more when I'm not losing but my WW calories would be 1900 a day. If I were doing WW, I'd be getting 33 points a day and 5 points if I spread my WPA's out over the week. That's figuring each point at 50 calories which I know can be low.

The JC Counselor is supposed to be calling the nutrition department to see if they can help. I'm beyond frustrated.

I'll come back and catch up with all of you as soon as I have a chance.

Last edited by Vickie; 03-30-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, on the TS look alike. Are you sure you're going to work tomorrow? I think I heard you coughing. You might need to stay home.

Maryann, congratulations on the weightloss. And--enjoy your evening out.

Paula, I hope you're feeling better.

Coco, have you tried planting deer resistant plants? I don't know if they work 100%, but I'm thinking they might be good for your area.

Donna, we went to the club this AM and exercised for a little over an hour. Thirty minutes of that was in a class the other half was .

Vickie, I hope upping your calories works. Please try not to be frustrated. Sounds like they're going to get you some help.

Tomorrow is my "Girls' Day Out." I'm excited. I'll go to WW to wi before we leave. This will be a good test tomorrow to see if I can drop back down to 24 pts per day after my planned outing. We'll see.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #11  

Why yes, cousin Sandra I have been feeling just a mite puny and feverish lately. Maybe I should take a little rest.

Too bad I can't

Oh well.

I had way too many carbs today. Tomorrow is another day someone said once.

I had my first pottery class tonight. I "threw" three little pots. I'm not sure that my chronic neck and right arm problem will support my doing this craft, but I'm trying. That's why they make aspirin, right?

Have a great night all,
Rhonda
Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a great time yesterday at BBC and having that POGWICH wasn't as bad as I though.It was roll that they took out the stuffing and left the shell and filled it with shaved pork with STOUT BBQ sauce and caramelized onions.I had veggies on the side. I calculated the meal to be 15 pts[750] just like I predicted it to be.It was delicious,but I have no idea where I could buy the rolls and make the Pogwiches at home.

Now back to the small plates for the rest of the week.

PAULA-Hope you not coming down with the flu. It going around our town right now,and several elderly people were taken to the hospital.No your not a bad mom, you did the right thing you can't go around, in bad weather when your not feeling well.

COCOThanks for the congrats. I hope you had good results at your W-I also.

TECH-Sound like you had a fun day, we need that now and than to keep us regenerated.I'm not going to walk until the weather get better. The temps maybe up but the wind is the killer on the Cape.

VICKIE-OH NO Dear Vickie don't be frustrated. A loss is a loss,and that good amount according to my doctor 1/2 to 1 a week. Maybe you have to up the calories a bit. Don't be scared our body needs food for energy. 1700 -2000 is not a lot of calories. I found that the more I eat the better I lose.I was constantly stalling or gaining at WW 20pt[1000] like my leader told me to eat. Once I got out of that mode and starting to up my calories the weight & inches are coming off not fast but steadily.

SANDRA-Thanks for the congrats and we did have a great time and the food was good. I like to take my dgc there when the come up for Easter,but Leo thinks differently as BBC is a pub/restaurant but they do have a children menu[hot dogs,burgers,chicken nuggets & pizza]

RHONDA-I have to undue my grain carbs also,as the POGWICH [bread bowl] was delicious but that was too much bread for me.Had a High fiber waffle for breakfast, but this afternoon I going to have veggies & proteins.

Have a great morning
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone
Well I am really upset. I gained again last night. I gained 1 pound.
The only thing I can really thing of. Maybe too many carbs. I dont know.
I am just really frustrated right now.

BEACHBUM glad you had a good time yesterday.

ONTARGET Not sure what to get that the deer wont eat. Maybe some marigolds and pansys. Think I will just plant some in some flower pots and put on the front porch. And maybe they wont bother them. Hope you had a wonderful GIRLS DAY OUT!!

TEJAS Hope the pottery class goes well. I am thinking I had too many carbs this week. That is why I gained. Will try and really watch them this week.

TECHALUM How did knitting go. I would like to see Monsters vs Aliens. Thought it looked like it might be good.

BEACHBUM Gald you had a good time yesterday. As you can see the scales wasnt good for me.

VICKIE CONGRATS ON THE LOSS. That is great. That is good that your JC counselor is really trying to find answers for you. And at WW they always say you have to eat to lose. So maybe you arent getting enough to eat. And since you are exercising. There was a lady in our class last night. She got her 10 lb ribbon. But she was complaining that it took her a long time to get it. I think she has been coming about 3 months. And she is elderly. But our leader told her. She had a elderly lady. It took her 7 years to lose 10 lbs. So see you are way ahead of the game with 15.

Well I am going to get off here.
Got some towels in the washer. In fact I had to make two loads of them. And then I have to do son's work clothes. And then tomorrow I will finish the laundry. So will work on that for two days.
Not sure what else I will get into. Have alot of things to do.
Will be back later.
coco
Old 03-31-2009, 12:57 PM   #14  
Donna

Hello All,

Well I did get in my walk yesterday, it turned out to be a pretty nice day. I also stayed away from the cookies at Panara's it was hard last night. Met the folks at the park this morning, it was cool and breezy but still nice to see them and get in some exercise. I think my dad has worn out my dog tho, he's got the droopy eyed "don't make me get up" look going. I have my first PT this afternoon sure hope it helps my shoulder its really bugging me, then this evening. Then we're having tacos for dinner, I can't tell you the last time I had a hard taco shell but for some reason I've been craving them lately so I bought a box, I get 3 for 3 pts, plus a 1/4 lb grnd sirloin and fixings it should be about 9 pts for the 3, not to bad, since the only thing else I'll need is a salad.

Vicki - Hope that upping the calories helps, sounds like they're trying to work with you.

Sandra - Hope you had fun with the girls.

Maryanne - The wind is the main reason I didn't walk on Sun it was brutal. Sounds like you had a good time eating out.

Coco, Rhonda & Paula -

Well I should get going. I may not make it on tomorrow, DH has chemo, we'll see how it goes.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:43 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Thank you all for your well wishes. I do think i had a touch of the flu - nothing major though. I guess the flu shot did keep it a touch instead of full blown. I'm feeling much better now. Already did my grocery shopping and got my contact lenses set. After I think 3 weeks I have good lenses for both eyes!! WOO HOO I can see. I also got my pedicure in today.

Right now i'm on a conference call for work, well listening to it. Once thats done I'm going out for a walk. Its sunny and almost 60.

Vickie - again, thanks for the lasagna recipe. I put into the freezer 8 servings! YUM. I hope the JC consultant finds a good strategy for you. Don't give up. Things will start working the way they should. Don't lose sight of your losses so far.

Well, got to get back to my call. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote