Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2000, 10:21 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good morning everyone

Thank goodness for Mondays...the start of a new week that will bring good things!

Terri, you did a great job with last week's loss of 2.2 lbs. That's progress.

How is everyone? Myra, Essie, Dianne, Mary?

Brrr. it's getting to be that time of year. Started making the switch from summer clothes to winter. Last year I was able to get rid of lots of clothing that was too big. That was an awesome task! I am looking forward to doing the same when I unpack the winter stuff this week. While I haven't been losing weight, my body is becoming firmer and smaller. I can feel the difference, and wish I would have taken measurements when I began exercising 4 weeks ago.

Got on the scale this morning, and didn't have a loss. I kind of knew that was coming. I've been doing a fine job of maintaining and that's about it. But I know things will improve. I'm not giving up!

Jen
Old 09-25-2000, 11:23 PM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Jen,

Sometimes maintaining is quite an accomplishment. Don't let it get to you.

I've been fighting a cold the past few days which has made it a challenge sticking to program. When I feel run down I have a tendency to eat to make up for it. I know I shouldn't, but it is hard to resist. Yesterday I really blew it. Today I am a little more in control.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Myra

------------------
Myra
183/170.4/130
Old 09-26-2000, 02:04 AM   #3  

Hi guys -

I'm writing you from sunny Florida (and I do mean sunny! God its hot here) I'm visiting my son and his little family. That's why I haven't been posting lately. Been busy doing the Disney thing -- fun but very tiring. I must be getting old! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well -- Terri, congratulations on your 2.2 = wonderful. Hi to Jen, Essie, Myra, Pookemoon, Mary (hope I didn't miss anyone).

Not worrying too much about my weight this week, although I think I'm doing okay. I come home tonight and I don't weigh in until next sunday, so I have some time to do damage control. Hope to speak to you all soon, have a great day!

Dianne
Old 09-26-2000, 06:27 PM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi Myra, hope your cold is better. It's hard enough to follow a sensible eating plan, much less when you don't feel good.

Dianne, hope your trip to Florida was fun...how was Mickey? lol Glad you got to spend time with your son and his family. Welcome back!

Got up this morning with a sore throat and the beginnings of a cold. Not too surprised, some of the family has had it. Since I quit smoking the colds aren't as bad as they used to be, so I'm hoping it'll pass soon.

Had a good day yesterday, exercised and pretty much stayed OP. I've been having some trouble with getting in enough veggies. Have been craving sweets and breads. Not that that's unusual , but it seems worse than usual. Will have to add that to my list of areas to work on...along with more water, of course.

Here's to everyone having a great day!

Jen
Old 09-26-2000, 08:21 PM   #5  
Lifetimer

Jen,

Don't you hate feeling sick? I've been taking some echinacea and trying to get rest when I can, but it is so hard. Too much to do to lay down. But try to take it easy if you can. Soup and vitamin C also helps.

Myra

------------------
Myra
183/170.4/130
Old 09-26-2000, 10:02 PM   #6  

Jen,
Good job at not gaining. That is what I say to myself when I say the same. Good attitude. Great job at staying OP.

Myra,
Hope you are feeling better!

Dianne- I lived in Cocoa Beach for 13 yrs. Loved Fl. will probably retire there. Love it here for the growing yrs. of the kids. Hope you are enjoying Mickey! I am like you. I refuse to worry about points while on vacation. This Christmas I will watch but not go nuts and deprive myself. Have a great time.

Hi to everyone else! Hope to talk to y'all soon.
Terri
Old 09-27-2000, 05:44 AM   #7  

Hello Everybody

Haven't been around cause I didn't have any good news to report but I do read your posts everyday. The only way I stay motivated is lurking around all the weight loss sites. I fell off the wagon I kind of gave up but not totally. I'm waiting to hear that click but it's no where to be found

I'll be reading your posts everyday. Gotta get my act together

Have a great week
Old 09-27-2000, 08:47 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie!!!

Don't just lurk,,,chime in! The fact that you check these posts every day means you still are on track, or at least very close to it. I stuck around for many months, and will continue to do so, even if I don't post losses. It's important to keep in touch.

I wish you well. And hope to hear from you!

Jen
Old 09-27-2000, 10:10 AM   #9  

Essie -- You get back here girl -- you've been doing great, don't let a little falling off the wagon get to you. I've been under the wagon wheels before as I'm sure we all have at one time or another and probably will be again. Come talk to us! You always make me laugh with all your exercise talk -- I look up to you -- don't leave me now!

Hi Jen, Terri, Myra, Mary & Pookemoon -- hope you're all doing good. Just got back from Florida and you'll be happy to know, Jen, Mickey's fine, LOL. Terri, I don't think I could live in Florida -- nice place to visit and all that, but I've got to have my change of seasons and Christmas in the sun just doesn't do it for me! I can't tell you how great it felt to land at JFK last night and it was cool and rainy -- I loved it. But since my son lives there now, I'll probably be visiting a couple of times a year.

I'll talk you all soon - stay strong!

Dianne
Old 09-27-2000, 08:04 PM   #10  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra, thanks for the suggestions of vit. c and soup. I've got the worst sore throat! It's what I always get when I start a cold. Probably should have had my tonsils out when I was a child. I know some chicken soup will help...too bad I don't have homemade, it'll have to be Mrs. Grass's!

Dianne, I'm with you on the change of seasons. While I love vacationing in warm places, my heart will always be in the Midwest. I couldn't imagine Christmas without cold weather and snow.

Terri, where are you?! Mary ...Pookamoon....hang in there everyone, and stop in and say hi!

We're having our grandson's 5th birthday party here on Saturday, for family and friends. My daughter lives 40 minutes away from us, which makes it even further from the people in Chicago who are invited. Easier all around if we host it here, the "midway" point. We bought him his first two-wheeler, and a helmet. To see him on it really brought back memories of when his mom was little. How can so many years have gone by?!? :confused:

Have a great Wednesday, everyone. I'm off for a walk.

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 09-27-2000).]
Old 09-27-2000, 10:17 PM   #11  
Lifetimer

Essie,

Don't feel bad. We all fall off from time to time. Other than exercise I really haven't been following program that closely for the past several weeks. Don't give up. And keep posting. It helps getting you back on track. We miss you.

------------------
Myra
183/170.4/130
Old 09-28-2000, 06:37 AM   #12  

Hello MY BUDDIES!

Okay, I had my pity party & it's over. I can't stand negativity & as much as I hate it I was doing it to myself. As I was lurking this morning & scrolling down DIANNE 1st thing I saw was "Essie--you get back here girl--you've been doing great, don't let a little falling off the wagon get to you." I gotta tell you, those words stuck with me all day. I want to thank you for that. You have no idea how quick I jumped to my feet & said enough is enough!!!

Jen, you too!!

I WILL start exercising tomorrow. I slacked up on that too. Today I had to give a co-worker a ride home which was alittle out of the way so by the time I got home I wasn't up to it. Even though that's just an excuse I should have done it anyway.

Dianne, I've never been to Florida but I know I would feel the same way. I love my change of seasons. My sister has a time share & she goes every yr & loves it. She said if her kids would move with her she'd move in a heartbeat. I will always be a New Yorker

Jen, hope you feel better real soon. I remember when I was little, when I got sick my mom swore by chicken soup. (sigh) those were the good ole days. Hope you feel better by Saturday!

Myra, how come you haven't been exercising? Is it because you got bored with it or you're still not feeling well? And by the way, you're right about posting whether we're on track or not. Thanks for the advice.

TERRI!!!! TAEBO QUEEN where are you?

Hope everybody else is doing well.

Okay, I'll be back tomorrow.
What would I do without you guys!

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 09-30-2000).]
Old 09-28-2000, 08:18 PM   #13  
Lifetimer

Essie,

Glad your back on track!

I have been exercising, but not really doing all those other things to stay OP like journaling, etc. I'm sorry I was unclear.

But I am taking your cue and trying to get back to those other things as well. We can do it together!

------------------
Myra
183/170.4/130
Old 09-29-2000, 06:00 AM   #14  

Hi Myra

Exercise is so important. I know there are some that can't because of health reasons. This morning while I was driving to work I heard a song on the radio that one of the aerobics instructors at my gym, useto play all the time. It was a double step class. It was awesome! I useto walk out of there drenched with sweat. She left & the one that took her place wasn't even half as good as she was. We worked out with 2 benches side by side. I loved it. Today I did my treadmill while I watched my soaps. The time goes by so fast. Then I did squats.

I'm going to buy myself a small notebook to journal cause those ww journals are too small. WE CAN DO THIS Myra. Journal, drink water & exercise!!! We'll be struttin our stuff in the year 2001

Jen, Dianne, Terri, Pookamoon, & Mary, hope to hear from you soon

Be back tomorrow
Essie
Old 09-29-2000, 10:48 AM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie......YOU GO GIRL!!! I'm so very happy that you didn't drop out completely. Remember, we all have our moments ( or days, or weeks...) that we want to say "forget it", and go back to eating lousy, or sitting around doing nothing. We're all normal human beings!

I've been struggling this week. Mon., Tues., and Wed. I didn't exercise or walk at all. At first I blamed it on the cold, then I realized I was just making up excuses. No more!! I worked out this morning for 25 minutes, and it felt good. I simply have to get up off my butt and move. Very simple, right?? Wish me luck!

Here's to a good, healthy remainder of the week. Way to go, Essie! Myra, let's get our journals going! We can drink our water and write it down.

Have an awesome Friday everyone!

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 09-28-2000).]
Closed Thread