Old 03-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #1  
Work it out.

Default I am feeling so discouraged this morning!!!

I have been in the gym 4 times this week, I’ve been eating very healthy this week, and I gained a pound this week. I honestly don’t know what to do anymore. It’s also the time of the month for me, and usually I am bloated and appear bigger, but I have been working out extremely hard to this week to cope that and to lose about 1-2 pounds this week. I need to lose 25 pounds by June and at the rate I'm going I don’t see it happening at all.

Ladies I need some inspiration this morning because I just don’t understand how I gained a pound this week. Help?
motivation86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #2  
hittin the trail in 2009

S/C/G: 148/127/123

Height: 5'5"

you HAVENT gained a pound, you are probably just bloated and retaining water due to TOM (aka time of the month) paying you a visit! I know that my weight will shoot up 2-3 pounds overnight when TOM is here, even if I am totally on plan with diet and exercise. So don't worry about it- it's temporary water weight, not a true weight gain, and it will dissappear as soon as TOM is gone. Keep doing what you're doing until then, and you will be in for a nice suprize when you get back on the scale
MtnChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #3  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

I am, literally, in the same boat as you. Doing all thr right things this week, working my a*s off in the gym and so far I've gained half a pound.

IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!!

But where would give up get us? No where.

Stick with it girl. You might see a big number next week that will make it all worth it.

My mom has a theory that some people lose weight over 2 weeks. I've seen it a lot.

Stay strong!
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #4  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Please don't feel you haven't moved forward in you quest towards better health. You have! You must look at the bigger picture...you're not trying to lose weight, you're trying to lose fat. There is a distinction. And you've heard, I'm sure, that muscle is denser than fat. Muscle takes up less space, ounce for ounce, than fat. As you lose fat, and gain muscle (from the workouts), there will be times when you will gain weight while losing fat. That's a good thing!

Perhaps you need to not just weigh yourself on the bathroom scale, but also determine your percentage of body fat to see when you're in fat burning mode. Measure the following body parts: hip circumference, waist circumference and neck circumference. Go to the following website: http://www.bblex.de/en/calc/navy.php. Enter your measurements, plus select that you're female, and you'll determine your body fat percentage. An easier method is experiencing looser clothes. You may not feel any looseness this week because of TOM (damn him!), but you most likely will next week.

If you keep up your workouts and healthy eating, you WILL get the results you want. You know this! Don't let the scale tell you who you are and don't let it redefine your excellent progress of staying focused and on track. Put that thing away if that is what is motivating you...because it's not motivating you!

YOU have been doing a great job!

Okay, now you're set for a whole new week of personal success...off you go. Gosh! Some of that stuff rubbed off on me too! I'm off to kick some booty today! Mostly my own!

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Height: 5'7"

I agree with MtnChic, TOM can wreak havoc on the scale, no matter how on plan you've been. I just try to stay positive and look forward to the sudden drop when it's over! I know how discouraging it can be to have up to an entire week where your weight seems completely unrelated to anything you do, though!
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

I have the same problem with TOM and to be honest, i don't even go near a scale around that time because i KNOW im not going to like the numbers and im gonna get discouraged. I weighed myself last night and i was up a pound also but salt really has an impact on my weight. ( i retain like no tomorrow!) Guess i should have skipped out on those chinese string beans! But chin up Motivation86, stick with it!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

TOM can cause some women to bloat 5-7 pounds! Also, if your muscles are sore from the gym, chances are they are going through the repairation process and have water in them. As long as your eating has been on plan, you are going to do great.

Of course, some of us have real problems with sodium. I ate old-fashioned popcorn last night with plenty of salt and I am up two pounds this morning. Arrgh!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

You have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so the extra pound could be bloating from TOM or it could be that you gained muscle and blasted away some fat...that's a good thing!! I don't know what size you are now, but i think taking pictures of your journey would help if you really only need to lose 25 lbs, because the scale might not move 25 lbs but in actuality you might go down 3 sizes and your body will look awesome! Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged
Jennifer28 is offline   Reply With Quote