Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 04:31 PM   #1  
banned

Default June Thyroid Thread

hello all!

here is the new thread. i havent been doing so great with food lately.
Old 06-01-2002, 07:44 PM   #2  

Default WEIGHT LOSS

I have been OP, but I am having slow weight loss. I take levothroid, .20, and blood levels are good. I am not giving up on this; I expect to lose weight. I think it will be slow, but that is okay, too. We went to Ryan's Steakhouse last night for their steak. It was great. Did good - just steak, green beans, carrots, baby green lima beans. No dessert! Took grandbaby Sydney, and on the way, she had an earache. By the time we left 30 minutes later, she was crying out in pain, and we had to go to the emergency room. Ear infection - got medicine - okay today. My brother is here from Al because of my mother's surgery Monday. Pacemaker replacement. Doc says routine - hope he is right. She is 84 YOA but fiesty! Wish us luck and keep us in your prayers.

BomBom
Old 06-01-2002, 07:45 PM   #3  

i have finals this week, and the project i was working on in the computer lab got screwed up and lost. i saved it, but the hard drive on the computer got &*#(% and it wouldn't access anything i had saved, and by trying to access it, it damaged what i had saved. leaving me with not much to work with. i hate macs.

i'll end here, cuz i'm not a happy camper right now.

ap...this week will be better. be gentle with yourself, and do something fun to destress and relax.
Old 06-02-2002, 12:33 PM   #4  
banned

s4,

good luck hon with everything. im sure all will be fine.

trix- thats terrible!!!! id be p'oed big time! ty for thinkin of me hon. i am caling a new endo in the morning esp since it now appears i am allergic to the kelp.
Old 06-03-2002, 04:44 PM   #5  

bummer on the kelp allergy. the only thing i was ever allergic to was some unpasteurized apple juice i had once in utah. i was completely broken out in hives. it was horrible. i hope your reaciton wasn't that bad.

i finally got hte project done. i just have to write a paper for soc, study for finance and do one more problem set for that, and then write up a lit review for creative writing. but the lit review can be done tomorrow.

5 days 'til graduation!!!!!
Old 06-04-2002, 12:00 AM   #6  

Mama's surgery went fine. I only slept one hour Sun. night, and mama slept about 3 hrs. Everything was great. We came home today. You can imagine with everything going on today, I was OP if you want to call it that. I had no challenges about food because I was too busy. Hope tomorrow is a good day and I stay OP. I work at parttime job tomorrow so that will help. Hope everybody had a good day. Boy, was it hot today! As we were leaving Savannah, it registered 102, started raining and came down to 84, 40 miles further, it was 107. Waycross was 102 for the day. Glad I was inside most of the day. Have a good day tomorrow and we will chat tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:24 PM   #7  
banned

thanks trix. sounds like all is under control. happy grad!!! i am pretty itchy from that kelp. yuck. oh well, at least im gettin back my money.

s4-glad surgery went well. stay op. i am still carryin 2 p of binge weight.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:56 PM   #8  

andrea - how are things? I remember doing what you are doing. Stressful!!!! I am sure that is partly responsible for your bingeing(sp?). Concentrate on graduating, complain and brag to us, and then focus on OP. Do the best you can daily. I am proud for you on graduation. I know what an accomplishment that is. Congrats!

Trix - Allergy to kelp? What did you do for the itching besides scratch? Sorry to hear about that. Hope doc can help. Fortunately(?), I am not allergic to any foods, just other things.

Had a good day so far, worked til 2, Mama is doing very well, I am OP. It is hot, but I had to complain about something.

Have a good day, girls!

BomBom
Old 06-04-2002, 07:41 PM   #9  
banned

lol. im not graduating& trix isnt allergic to kelp-i am and its really hard, its annoying feeling. ty 4 the support tho. went 2 dr 4 anxiety today&she took blood to test thyroid. i think my stress& my hands(my skin is ripped apart& i cant make it go away) is what made her do it so we will see.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:52 PM   #10  

I reread what I had typed. Just reverse names. Would you believe that I made notes so I would not mix you two up when I wrote? Haha. I am interested in hearing what your doctor says about thyroid. I am not sure that most doctors know a lot about it. I don't know if you read in one of my posts, but I took mama to one and was very very disappointed. The examination was not what we expected. She said she is not going back to her. She is feisty? I agreed with her on this one.

I had a great day. I went over to my daughter's to see Baby Sydney and sneaked in a weigh-in. I had lost 2 lbs! I was happy. You think it might be brain cells from all this heat? Maybe that is why the mixup in my typing, huh? Well, good try for explanation, wasn't it

Have a nice night.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:55 PM   #11  
banned

lol. its ok. i know what ya mean about drs- but she seems receptive to it esp when i told her about the extreme stress which slows it more as well as my hands(my skin is totally ripped apart it looks like a disease its gross.

congrats!
Old 06-05-2002, 05:22 PM   #12  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Thumbs up a bit angry...

So I found out yesterday that I have a hypo thyroid... I have been trying to do some research on it and am only getting confused. I am not on any meds yet and not sure if I want to.

I've heard things that you are tired when you have a hypo - I've always been - but lived with it.

I've heard that you gain weight - well I've eaten a lot of bad foods in my life. Then how come I'm able to lose it now?

How are these meds going to improve my life?

My mother has this too - she said that I will lose weight. But I've heard everywhere that I will GAIN weight!!

I've lost 16 lbs so far and I'm NOT going backwards! THIS IS NOT AN OPTION.

I just don't like being told I can't do something.

Thanks for letting me vent

Dana
235/219/212 10% mini goal
been at weight watchers since 4/22
Old 06-05-2002, 08:30 PM   #13  
banned

welcome, congrats on yr loss. all i can say is, we arent all as lucky as you are.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:33 PM   #14  

Hang in there, Dana. We are in this thing with you. I have been on Levothroid since 94. My doctor says that I am stable right now. I have always been an easy gainer, but like you said, I have made bad choices about eating certain foods. I joined Weight Watchers about a month ago and have lost 12 lbs so far.

I am doing well on the program and never thought I could lose weight. I always blamed my thyroid problem. WW has shown me how to make better choices in choosing, planning, preparing, and eating my meals. I just wish I had done this at an earlier age. I may have been spared some of the aches and pains I have now because of all the excess weight I have. Be patient with your medical problem, do a LOT of research on it. I did, too. When you decide, do research on the doctor you use and the medicine that you take, then you will be in control and better able to make your decisions about your health based on your knowledge.

Good job in the weight loss you have achieved so far. You are doing something right.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:41 PM   #15  
banned

good job s4!

all of that is true, but the troid can be to blame wen ya do all that with no results like me(still tryin for meds)
Closed Thread