Old 03-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #1  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Default Ack! I'm craving sugar!!

I'm on 4? wow.. only day 4?

anyway...

I'm really, really craving caramel apple dip right now. I am not sure why. I have 500 calories left of my 2000 for the day... but I am really trying to avoid non natural sugar due to the hypoglycemia and the bi polar.

Plus day 2 and 3 I had about 80 calories each day of dark chocolate and I don't want to be "treating" every day.

I am thinking this is due to the lack of sugar the past 4 days... when I kinda ate a bunch of it the week before.

I'm not that big a fan of fruit ... but I did have an apple today.

Any ideas what I can do to replace the caramel apple dip and another apple with and still satisfy a sweet tooth?
gothik butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #2  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

I had the same thing here today. I wanted everything and anything sweet under the sun. So me and my girls made a big fruit tray with pineapple, strawberry, banana and apples. We had cool whip lite with cocoa powder mixed in for the dip. It was wonderful and so worth it.

I think that when we have rainy days, like we did here, i always crave sweets.

Other sweets i love are pudding parfaits. I made the jello sugar free cheesecake pudding and put a spoon full of graham crackers crumbs on the bottom and a spoonful of blueberry pie filling on top. Also we do a small slice of angel food cake with strawberries, WalMart has sugar free strawberry glaze it has only 15 calories. I put a little cool whip on top.

I think dessert is an important part of a diet, for me it teaches my family the proper way to eat something sweet.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:26 PM   #3  
Becoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviemc View Post
I had the same thing here today. I wanted everything and anything sweet under the sun. So me and my girls made a big fruit tray with pineapple, strawberry, banana and apples. We had cool whip lite with cocoa powder mixed in for the dip. It was wonderful and so worth it.

I think that when we have rainy days, like we did here, i always crave sweets.

Other sweets i love are pudding parfaits. I made the jello sugar free cheesecake pudding and put a spoon full of graham crackers crumbs on the bottom and a spoonful of blueberry pie filling on top. Also we do a small slice of angel food cake with strawberries, WalMart has sugar free strawberry glaze it has only 15 calories. I put a little cool whip on top.

I think dessert is an important part of a diet, for me it teaches my family the proper way to eat something sweet.
oh my gods...

there's a sugar free cheesecake pudding??

thats a pudding i might be willing to eat.

that is going on my list.

thanks!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I have a small bit of dark chocolate almost every day these days -- usually at night. It's something that doesn't seem to set off cravings the next day. Everyone has to figure out what works for them, but there's nothing necessarily wrong with having a little chocolate every day, if it doesn't send you into a binge.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #5  
Becoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
I have a small bit of dark chocolate almost every day these days -- usually at night. It's something that doesn't seem to set off cravings the next day. Everyone has to figure out what works for them, but there's nothing necessarily wrong with having a little chocolate every day, if it doesn't send you into a binge.
hmm.. i will think about that. i like dark chocolate for the simple fact that a little is satisfying.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 PM   #6  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Usually if I'm craving something sweet I'll have some sf jello, crystal light, blue bunny sf fudge bar, frozen yogurt or something else along those lines.

The other day someone gave me a 100 calorie package of chips ahoy and I had that and a half a cup of skim milk. Boy did that hit the spot! Milk and Cookies are goooood!
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:57 AM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Did you start craving the sugar before or after eating the apple?

If your answer is after then eating the apple alone probably set off the sugar craving and I would suggest that next time you have some protein and a little bit of healthy fat with the apple....like natural peanut butter or some cheese.

I never eat fruit on it's own otherwise I get sugar cravings out the whazoo.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #8  
1200 cal or more

S/C/G: 201/175.6/164

Height: 5'7'' Age 29

in the produce department at Walmart they have little bags of Chiquita Apple bites with sugar free carmel dipping sauce for 70 calories and it's only .98 cents a bag.
Also in the bakery department they have a strawberry sugar free pound cake next to the strawberry sugar free glaze. Add some fresh strawberries and maybe blueberries and have a filling dessert. It's 130 calories for 1/4 the cake. you could eat half of the 1/4 and it would be plenty. I also add cool whip out of the can to it and it's only 20 calories for 2 tbsp.

Liv active has creamy chocolate and dark chocolate pudding for 60 calories a cup. So many things to make a sweet tooth happy.
Good Luck
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #9  
Becoming.

oh goodness!

thank you for all the ideas, everyone!

and i will have to think about that sugar alone thing... i know its good to eat it with protein so that the blood sugar spike is less... but it never occurred to me that it could cause a craving later on.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

I had been eating frozen grapes alone and guess what..i was starving later. I added some cheese and a few nuts and it doesnt do that.Yes its alot more calories but so worth it.I really do think the ZONE diet was right about balance.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Apples do make me hungry, which is odd, because other fruits don't. But they don't make me crave sugar, just hungry in general. I generally start craving more sugar when I'm not eating lots of fruit.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I've been craving sugar like crazy this week myself. Which is not normal for me.

One thing that helps me is Good Earth tea (original flavor--reg or decaf.) It has sweet spices in it (cinnamon, cloves, etc.) so it tastes sweet without adding anything to it. Cinnamon also helps regulate blood sugar, so that might be something to try if you can find it.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

When I am really craving something it's a craving that won't go away. So my philosophy is to find a place for it. Perhaps you could buy a small amount of caramel squares and then plan to have them, say, tomorrow, or next Tuesday. When you have room for it and aren't planning another treat that day/week/whatever.

This is what I do, because I write out ahead of time what I'm going to eat. If If I really, really want it, well then, I'll still want it on Sunday (or whenever I do sensibly have room for it). To me, this is one of the benefits of a simple calorie-counting diet. I'll always get what I want eventually ... I just don't get what I want every day!
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #14  
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
Did you start craving the sugar before or after eating the apple?

If your answer is after then eating the apple alone probably set off the sugar craving and I would suggest that next time you have some protein and a little bit of healthy fat with the apple....like natural peanut butter or some cheese.

I never eat fruit on it's own otherwise I get sugar cravings out the whazoo.
Wow, I never knew that, either! That explains a lot for me. My weakness is sweets and I always wondered why fruits made my cravings worse... just thought it was some weird brain thing due to feeling deprived.
cupcakesundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #15  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Ok~I had same problem when I started out~But I found low calorie alternatives.
OK~Sugar free jello Is delecious and just 10 calories & it will feel you up quickly!
Also ~Rice crispie treats(90 calories)
Sugar free pudding(60 to 70 calories for chocolate I like them On I NEED SOME CHOCOLATE DAY LOL)

Yogurt Is great and I get the packs of them that is just 60 calories.

Also~A piece of candy is 15 to 20 calories (for like butterscotch or peppermint or lifesavers and it last for a awhile and takes cravings away and just 15 to 20 calories as long as you don't over do it.)

And if I think of anything Else I will post it for ya.
GOODLUCK
Maybe even find some lower calorie food choices so you can fit in a little extra sugar of a day....LIKE BOCA BURGERS~Most chicken~SOUP~Ect.

Last edited by Lori259; 03-28-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote