Old 03-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Angry What the heck is going on???

Okay... lost weight steadily all last week getting down to 284.8 on sunday. Yay!

Monday morning? 287.4.
Tuesday morning. 287.4
Wednesday morning. 286.2
Thursday morning. 287.2

NOTHING has changed in my diet. I'm past ovulation. Not close to my period. Now I did lose almost 5 lbs last week (or so I thought) but now this? A jump of almost 3 lbs and then staying there?

What the heck?

Is it my body adjusting to having lost 90 lbs in six months or what???

le sigh. Mostly this is just a vent. I'm NOT moving that damn ticker up. I refuse.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

don't move that damn ticker, just hang and wait. You know all the answers right? You have always lost steadily, you know you turn was coming! Plateaus happen for everyone, your body does need a chance to catch a rest. Plus scales are ONLY a tool, man made and all, and they are not 100% accurate. you could also have a muscle that is retaining water from over working, or could be coming down with a bug or fighting off a bug. You know all those answers, and yes you just needed to vent, but I needed to throw them back at ya. Consider yourself lucky this is the first time!

Hang in there
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #3  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

You've lost almost 100 lbs so I know you are just venting--you know this is just a normal fluctuation. Just keep on truckin, mama. That weight is coming off and you are doing great. If the scale is driving you crazy, maybe you should take a day or two off from weighing.. just an idea.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #4  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I wouldn't consider this a 'plateau', personally. Even at the weight I'm at now, my weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in a week.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #5  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

It's definitely probably your body just adjusting. It's a weird, mysterious thing.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Maybe a little more sodium in your diet ? As frustrating as I know this is for you, I am sure it is temporary. 92 pounds lost ! That is fantastic ! Just think you have lost the equivalent of a movie starlet.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I jump up 3-5 pounds pretty regularly - a little extra sodium, some extra sugar, not enough water and bam... five pounds up the next day. This too will pass! You are doing great!

about the 'lost the equivalent of a movie starlet', bargoo...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hang tight, hun, though I know it's hard.

I would just keep on doing what you're doing and wait for the scale (your body) to re-arrange itself. Not sure what's going on, but I'm sure it'll all work itself out within a few days.

Now is the time, dear friend, to really, really hang tough and STICK with your plan. I know for sure that you CAN do this. I know it. I know it. I know it. You're still creating a calorie deficit, so this will pass and the weight will come down again.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Have you read the sticky thread in Weight Loss Support about reasons the scale fluctuates? There are lots of logical explanations, and then sometimes, your body just decides it wants to hold onto some water for a while. It hasn't even been a week.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #10  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I Know you know the answer so I'm just offering a hug for the vent.

And your weightloss and your constant support of other people on their journey are both totally inspirational.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey Cf, you are inspiring so just keep up what you are doing and don't worry about the scale or the damned ticker!

I got nuttin'---same ole, same ole, water, water, water, fiber, fiber, fiber.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #12  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Is it my body adjusting to having lost 90 lbs in six months or what???
Welcome to my world ... or, hopefully, not. I'm glad you started this thread; I've been looking for an excuse to post this.

I was down 98 lbs on Valentine's Day morning. Scale said 262. I KNEW I would hit 100 lbs lost the next Monday. I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I COULD TASTE IT.

But.

My body had other ideas. Sunday, jumped up to 265. Monday, 270. Then Every Freakin Day from that day to THIS it's been high 260-something or 270-something. Up, down, 5 lbs, 2 lbs, up, up. Oh and 100% on-plan all the time. Low sodium, plenty of water. I don't do carbs or processed foods or fast foods so that wasn't it.

I thought, well, maybe it's my scale. So I went and bought a new one. Fancy-schmancy Weight Watchers scale. Can remember up to 10 users. Gives you BMI, bone density, water weight (except it never does for me, maybe I weigh too much or quite possibly I retain so much water it can't measure it. I'm always swollen.)

Well! The NEW scale told me **281** the first time I got on it, March 14th. 281 !!!! What was it thinking!!! How dare it!!!! I was angry. And horrified!! It weighs about 10 lbs heavier than the old scale. I was so angry I didn't even post about it.

But I'm a glutton for punishment. So I kept getting on it. Next day, 278. Next day, 280. Next day, 279.5. And on and on. Until, a few days ago, I noticed, the numbers were no longer in the high 270s. They were in the mid 270s. Then the low 270s. And this morning, it was at 271.5.

I had been so busy being ANGRY the scale wasn't saying 262 (or lower) I didn't really realize it was steadily going down until a couple of days ago. And I've been taking measurements, and I know I'm getting smaller. A LOT smaller. The pants I have on right now, I couldn't get up past my thighs a month ago. I've lost two sizes in two months but no pounds.

So... cfmama my friend, maybe you are hitting the same 100 lbs stall I hit. I think our bodies need time to catch up. We both lost virtually 100 lbs in six months. THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE WOMAN. We are rockstars!

So let your body catch up. Give it time. Keep on doing what you're doing. I let it ride for two weeks then joined a gym. And lost a size. Just relax. You're doing great. We both are. Give yourself some time then shake things up if you are still stalled.

Rock on, cfmama, rock on.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #13  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You know what DC? I IMMEDIATELY thought of you when this happen. Immediately. I am wondering if it's a so much weight so fast thing... I KNOW I have to be patient and NOTHING will make me stray from my plan but being SO CLOSE to 100 lbs lost and then this? It made me want to scream.

THANK YOU ALL for posting. I am just venting. I KNOW eventually it will go down and I did just start a more rigorous walking plan so that could have something to do with it to.

Thanks for the butt kicking
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

I've given this advice before, but here it is again.

Scales are relatively cheap. Place the darn thing in the driveway and run over it with the car. If you happen to live in a tall apartment building, throw it out the window (watch for pedestrians). If your husband has large tools, give it a few whacks with a sledgehammer.

Laugh out loud.

Wait a week or two, buy a new scale.

Every once in a while you have to remind yourself (and that scale) who's in charge of your life.

I have a friend who spent quite a lot of money on her scale, so she picks up spares at garage sales so when the urge strikes, she can strike a "stunt" scale instead of the real guy. The real guy goes in the closet for a week or so, then is allowed out again.

I guarantee this to be a fun, effective exercise. You gain some energy. The scale knows who's in charge. A week away from that crazy fluctuation game is freeing.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Sorry you are going through this. It will pass as others have said. I hate the fluctuation. That's been going for me all week. I keep thinking only 6 more pounds and I'll be under 300. It kept up mostly over what I posted last Sunday. Then this moring I got on the Wii fit and it said 303 which was different from my scale by 4 pounds this morning, so I dont' even know what to believe anymore. Hang in there, this too shall pass.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote