Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default She says she lost 125lbs in 9 months on FS

Story in this months Essence Magazine about a woman that lost 125lbs in 9 months on Fat Smash. I don't think I've ever heard about someone losing that much in such a short amount of time, but Im going to choose to believe her story and use it as inspiration.

The story is available online. Im sorry I wouldve included a link but I havent posted enough on 3FC to be allowed to do so, yet.
OhPuhleezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #2  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

Seems doable if you're dedicated enough. I lost 30 lbs really fast and plateaued, but I think I'm gonna do Phase 1 again to jumpstart my metabolism again.
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #3  
JAF

S/C/G: 273/223/210

Height: 6'2

That's a great idea -- and if you have time mixing in a 2nd workout a few days a week will really get you going. A buck twenty five does seem like an extreme for any diet but not impossible. I hit the 50 lb mark this morning and been on FSD for 2 months + 1 week. Woman naturally have slower metabolic rates than men, but there are always people with jackrabbit quick metabolisms who can lose weight light that. If this woman started working out like a fiend and religiously stuck to the diet I would think her reported loss is possible.
JAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #4  

Yea, I choose to believe her story also. She motivated me that it could be done, and i started the FS today. I tried yesterday, but my friend had a party and alcohol was involved. But today I'm ready!
BonitaAplebalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/216/145

Height: 5'4.5"

sounds doable to me. That only averages out to less than 3.5 lbs a week. I was thinking about trying the FSD I remember celebrity fit club and the most of the celebs lost a lot of weight on there.

Last edited by Tabby; 03-29-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Tabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/235/180

Height: 6'1

I get the Essence newsletters and I saw this as well. I was amazed. I am trying to get to my goal weigh to 180. I already had the book but have decided to give this another hardcore try.

Wish me luck.
nuThinChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:22 AM   #7  
JAF

S/C/G: 273/223/210

Height: 6'2

Good luck Nu!! All the support and motivation you need is here for you. Just to put thi story in perspective for anyone, 3.5 lbs of loss/week for a woman is staggering. The average woman loses 1-1.5 lbs per when dieting (vs 1.5-2 lbs for men). So while this magic 125 lb drop is possible as we've all agreed, it isn't something any of us should look at as a model -- if for no other reason it can lead to serious disappointment that could derail a diet completely. This story is ostensibly the same thing as winning a gold in the Olympics. Everybody would love to do it, and some people work hard for years and years -- but in the end only a special few with natural talent and equal determination get it. Obviously, dieting is a sport nor based on talent -- but as much dtermination as anything else. I guess my point is that this woman has a metabolism that is wired differently from the rest of us. That being said, if you use her as a model, and stick to the program, it'll be great. You may not lose 125 lbs -- but think about how great it will feel to drop 50 or 60. The trick is to not get discouraged and blow the whole thing up if you're not down 30 lbs in a couple weeks.

Last edited by JAF; 03-31-2009 at 12:49 PM.
JAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 PM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhPuhleezee View Post
Story in this months Essence Magazine about a woman that lost 125lbs in 9 months on Fat Smash. I don't think I've ever heard about someone losing that much in such a short amount of time, but Im going to choose to believe her story and use it as inspiration.

The story is available online. Im sorry I wouldve included a link but I havent posted enough on 3FC to be allowed to do so, yet.
I'll put up the link for you.

http://www.essence.com/fashion_beaut..._biggest_loser

That lady looks fantastic. She was beautiful before her weight loss but now she looks even more beautiful. I hope she keeps it off.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #9  

I read the story in Essence and that is what got me motivated. If I don't lose it that fast it's ok at least it's doable. I'm excited. I'm headed to kickboxing class.
librachild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: tickers

Height: 5'9

I read her story as well, one of the reasons I looked up the fat smash diet and found this site.

If I don't lose as much as her in such a short time, I'll be totally ok- as long as I continue to lose.

She is very inspiring, and I hope to have similar results.
2muchbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/189/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the Fat Smash Diet (Day 3 of Phase 1). I decided to try this diet also due to the Essence magazine article. The lady in that story reallly looks great and toned too. I need to lose about 30 pounds of baby fat and I was looking for a way to get back on track to eating healthier foods. I'm looking forward to hearing all of your experiences and sharing my own.
Wish me luck!!
babyfatsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/155/115

Height: 4'11"

baby, I read the article too. I am on day 4 of Phase I and am too trying to lose baby weight and then some.
NCSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

WOWZA. She looks fantastic. I wonder what size she is now--she began in a size 24.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 155/155/115

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
WOWZA. She looks fantastic. I wonder what size she is now--she began in a size 24.
I think a caption by one of her pictures said she's now a size 4.
NCSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 208/178/120

Height: 5'0

wow. looks like she inspired a lot of us. i got this story in the newsletter, also, and got back into the fat smash diet on 3/31 after trying it over a year ago. i'm more dedicated to it this time. my dad commented today that my fridge looks nothing like it did not even 7 days ago. good luck to everyone!
labellaleah is offline   Reply With Quote