Old 03-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #1  
Turbo Jammer

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Default What should I do?

So one of my friends just called me up and asked me if I would accompany her to an eye doctor appt and then shopping at the mall. I said yes. After I accepted she then adds, "BTW, I know you're on a diet and exercising and stuff, but I really want to go to the Cheesecake Factory."

I was like... "Oh." She suggested sharing an appetizer and then getting cheesecake.

I don't want to back out, but I am also really scared of eating the cheescake. I have been working so hard and I am afraid that something might set me back and I will return to my old ways.

Any advice, suggestions, ideas?
missamelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/183/139

Height: 5'5"

I have been eating Subway Monday - Sunday and am losing weight. I have 1 meal a week whatever I want. Go for the Cheesecake and do not feel guilty! Just stay at around 1400 cal for the day and you will be fine!
Calories in Cheesecake Factory - Original Cheesecake is 500 calories. So make sure you each Subway for lunch and supper and have a slice!
MiaRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/129

Height: 5'4

every thing in moderation! eat smaller meals for the rest of the day, or work out later.
hiimnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #4  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Personally...I wouldn't go out to eat there. If she knows your trying to eat healthier then she should go where you want to go and she can get something unhealthy there. That way you both have choices
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

If you dont want the cheesecake, dont have it! Its all about you having what you want, not giving in to peer pressure. She knows you're dieting and still wants to go- fine, doesnt mean you HAVE to have the cheese cake. If you do want it, factor it into your calories for the day and you'll be fine
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/TICKER/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
If you dont want the cheesecake, dont have it! Its all about you having what you want, not giving in to peer pressure. She knows you're dieting and still wants to go- fine, doesnt mean you HAVE to have the cheese cake. If you do want it, factor it into your calories for the day and you'll be fine
I completely agree! Personally, I know that at this stage (I'm just done 3 weeks) that I'm not ready to eat out and know that I can handle myself, but if you feel that you can, and if you really want it, then I'd say go. Just try not to let it turn into a binge, or something that is out of your control.

If you do end up going, enjoy it for me girlie!
whiskeygirl862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I agree, light meals for the rest of the day, and don't feel pressured to eat that cheesecake if you don't want to.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #8  
this time it's for real

S/C/G: 201/159/135

Height: 5'2"

If you're strong enough (because I'm not always), have two bites of the cheesecake and drop your fork on the floor.

They have those "Weight Management" salads (dunno if they're good, haven't tried) but if your friend wants to split something awful then politely say you're in the mood for salad or something like that.
macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #9  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Splitting an app and getting cheesecake could easily push 3,000 calories.

I would pass on the cheesecake and get something off their weigh management menu, or get a regular item and only eat a small portion (if you can).
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 6

It sounds like you don't really want to eat there, so don't do it. It's not worth it! Tell her how you feel and suggest a healthier option. If she really wants to eat there, ask her if she'll just get it to go. I save my treat meals for something I've really been wanting, and they are very special to me.... there is NO WAY I'd go
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

It sounds like it's the cheesecake you're worried about when the appetizer could be just as bad if not worse, even when shared! Appetizers are usually meant for a group of people and are usually deep fried somethings. Be careful!

I agree that if you don't want to risk it for your calorie budget for the day, and ESPECIALLY if you don't WANT this kind of food at all, offer to stop so she can get a slice to go, and maybe stop somewhere else and get yourself a treat (mmm fruit...) and eat it back at home after a meal you're more comfortable with and away from the temptation of appetizers and stuff.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

IF you can't contorl yourself (like so many of us couldn't, including myself) just tell your friend that. Say I'd love to, but I'm at a stage where those foods are very difficult for me to be around. But I'd love if we could go somewhere else? As a friend she should support you.

If you can control yourself - eat small and try to order well.
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Don't eat it. Order a salad.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #14  
angelmom313

You said you were "scared". I agree with garstar and I wouldn't go if you think you will not be able to say no. It is not just about peer pressure at certain points in your journey, it is about the pressure you put on yourself....so, make it easy on yourself--don't put yourself in the situation where you will be tempted. I also agree those calories can add up really fast. If your friend is a true friend, she will suggest another place. You could suggest another place as well, but if she has her heart set on it, then just bow out gracefully and say "I just don't want that temptation right now."
Old 03-23-2009, 02:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft. 4 in.

I would say, if you are going to enjoy yourself and factor it in for your calories, then go and have a good time. On the other hand, if you are going to go and feel guilty the whole time and not completely enjoy yourself, then that defeats the purpose. If you would enjoy yourself more by having a salad and skipping the cheesecake, then that is what you should do. Don't eat anything at the cheesecake factory while feeling guilty for it at the same time - that is total torture.
Mel 610 is offline   Reply With Quote