Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #1  

Default from 242lbs to 170 in 5 months

Thats my goal!
MedaWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #2  
Cie
Maintainer

S/C/G: 240/129/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedaWan View Post
Thats my goal!
Please read more on the forum about fast weight loss. Good on having a goal but..
Cie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Cie, goals are wonderful, but not like this. I don't think that this kind of weight loss is possible, but even if I did, I still don't think it's a good idea for you to try. We (heavy people) have a lot of psychological issues to work out that can't be fixed by developing an eating disorder or neglecting yourself. Tell us more about yourself, why you feel like you need to lose weight this quickly.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #4  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

MedaWan, why the short time frame?
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #5  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

not possible unless you get gastric bypass or someother surgery method, lose a leg or totally stop eating all together, and in that case, you'll die within a month anyway. If you lose weight too quickly, you'll either gain it all back and much more, and/or will have saggy skin that will never go back to normal. I seriously hope you're kidding on this.
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterducky View Post
not possible unless you get gastric bypass or someother surgery method, lose a leg or totally stop eating all together, and in that case, you'll die within a month anyway. If you lose weight too quickly, you'll either gain it all back and much more, and/or will have saggy skin that will never go back to normal. I seriously hope you're kidding on this.
Actually her goal is not that impossible...I lost 70lbs in five months a few years ago...kept it off a little over a year then got depressed and started drinking and bam...gained it all back. If I hadn't been drinking, that wouldn't have happened (I'm a problem drinker...so I need to stay away from it). I did it by calorie counting, cutting fats and sugars, and hiking in the mountains, one and a half hours to five hours a day. I restricted my food intake to about 1200 calories a day, and just burned off the rest. I'm still kicking, and no health problems from it. I was the strongest and healthiest I'd been in years.

But this time I can't walk, so it's going a lot slower. 14lbs a month is a lot but if you are eating right and most of it is through exercise, it's not necessarily unhealthy.

I will admit that this time, I'm learning more about the importance of eating healthy, and while I was initially hoping for faster weight loss, I've gotten down to a point where I'm physically a bit more comfortable, and I've adjusted my thinking to accept a slower weight loss now...but I totally understand her enthusiasm, and if she has the health and youth and goes about it the right way, it's certainly not something she can't attempt.

I do think too many people expect quick results, which is not realistic for everyone. And a lot of people do it in an unhealthy way. But if her metabolism is pretty rapid, and she exercises a lot to boost it, this might not be unrealistic for her.

We all have different paths to follow here. But there is a lot of wisdom, so take the time to listen to people, and evaluate what they have to say, and draw what you can from it. Good luck on your journey, and .
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote