Old 03-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Weekend Chat- 3/21-3/22

Just starting this off...
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #2  

Today is a beautiful sunny day but the air has a little nip to it

So I finally got my Nurtition plan Thursday evening from the dietician. Wow! She really incorporated "real" foods that I like. It's basically a 1400 cal. diet, it works like an exchange program. So if I don't want something I can change it out with a list of foods that she gave me. So far I have been sticking to the sample plan she gave me. I figure I will do it until I need a change and then I will change a few things around. She suggested that I try new foods and I have. Yesterday I ate a tomato slice on my sandwich. Not a big deal for most but I have never eaten raw tomatoes. Today I had a organic burrito for lunch and needed salsa to go on top. I had two jars of salsa in the fridge so I didn't buy more, well one jar was molded and I figured I didn't know how long the other jar had been there so I tossed it too. Instead of salsa I cut up a couple slices of tomato and zapped in microwave, then topped my burrito with it. I ate it, it actually wasn't that bad. Maybe I will learn to like tomatoes?!?! lol

Another thing I am doing different this time I am staying off the scale. Normally I am on the scale several times a day. I have been tempted but I haven't stepped on it since I joined the program on Tuesday. We weigh every week so I am going to use that as my only weigh day and I am only weighing on their scale. Its one of those Tanita, that does all the body fat, water weight type of stuff.

It's been a struggle, the old me would eat, eat eat all day long and I find myself thinking about food and how good things would taste but I am not giving in. I've been getting water instead of eating and going outside to walk. So yeah for the new me. I am going to do this or I am gonna die trying!

how is everyone doing?
Old 03-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #3  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

It started off a good day. I hit the gym for 2 hours of interval cardio and I felt good. I then did a little yard work, it's sunny and bright and it feels good, around 55 or so. Then I took my son out for baseball cleats. He is so ungrateful and then the arguments came. I dropped him off at his dad's house and kept driving to clear my head. I rode past 3 McDonalds, KFC, and a Panera and didn't go into any of them. I was so frustrated I just started cleaning. I am proud of myself. Had this been the old me, I would have been at McDonalds! So, now I think I am going to rent a movie and relax at home alone. What is it with 14 year olds? Ugh!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #4  

Devsmama, all I can say is hormones. My nephews are all between 11 and 20 and it's hormone city! Yeah for not stopping at those fast foods. And Double Yeah, (Yeah,Yeah) for going straight home and doing something besides eating! Our first reaction is, life sucks so grab something to eat it will make us feel better but that is sooooo not the case. Eating something because of an emotion and not true hunger only causes us to gain, or stall on weight loss and then of course we feel guilty afterward, so double whammy. I'm proud of you!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #5  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Squeak! I do feel so much better for not "stuffing" my feelings down. I let them out in a different way. It felt great.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote