Old 03-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 296/292/146

Height: 5'7

Default Started today

Hi! I signed up for WW Online this morning. I've joined WW in the past, once losing 30 pounds on it before I got cocky and thought I could do this on my own. That was about 15 years ago, and I've gained that back and a lot more in the time since.

I'm 50 and just had my annual physical. My cholesterol and blood sugar numbers were getting to the borderlinle danger stage for the first time, and my doctor, who's been dropping gentle hints for some time that I was Too Darn Fat, pressed the point. He suggested I try South Beach or Weight Watchers. I looked into South Beach (wanting something new) and did a lot of reading about it. It looks like a good plan, but deep down I know it's not right for me. I'd been telling myself that "WW doesn't work" because I'd tried it a few times, for a few weeks, and only lost a few pounds, then got bored and/or fed up and quit. But honest reflection made me realize that it was ME that didn't work -- I'd bend the program, be lazy about weighing and measuring, etc.

And so I decided to try again. I'm doing it online because I can only go to meetings on Saturday and often have to miss those. I'm self-motivated, usually. I just have to be committed, and I am now. I have a lot of weight to lose -- a little over 100 pounds. I like the new 5% goal. That's doable!

Sorry this is so long an introduction (and apologies to any South Beachers who are reading this, as I introduced myself there last week). I'm 50, live alone, no family but lots of friends, and, if I didn't resemble a huge round barrel, would be totally content.
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I just wanted to wish you well on your journey to a thinner you. There are lots of places around the weight watchers forums here to find lots of helpfull advise and hints.

I find were people post their daily menus very helpfull. I'm still learning and gets lots of great ideas there.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi Mollie,

You're so right- you have to be ready to do it before it will work long term. It sounds like you're really motivated! Best of luck
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

You've just given me some motivation back! Thank you! The last 2 days I haven't been eating good or exercising. I was talking to Dh today and he mentioned that around the time I'm at 150, I stop. I give up and bounce back to 158!.. You have made me realize that I really need to stick to this! Thank you!! Tomorrow I WILL force myself out of bed in order to exercise!
I look forward to seeing your progress
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #5  

Thank you all for the welcomes! tdlprincess, it's sobering, but there does come a time when losing weight has more to do with health than getting better dates
Old 03-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hi Mollie, :wave This is a great place to be for encouragement, information, support, and friendship. With your motivation, I just know you're going to make it to goal this time!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #7  

Thank you! Had a bad day today -- False Start Syndrome, I'll call it -- but this is a process, I'm still committed, and I'm planning a better tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi Mollie. I started today, too. I went back for meetings because I NEED the community of support and the accountability. Welcome!
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 270.4/248/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm glad your here and welcome! It does work...just stick to it and this is a great site for support and motivation.
pick7499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 276.2/270/160

Sounds like we are both in the same boat. I just joined last week. I too have over 100 pounds to lose. Starting at 276.2 and would like to get down to around 160. I've tried Weight Watchers in the past also. I think the program works if you work it.....just take one day at a time and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
thedawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good luck to you!! I myself have started the program many times to just lose hope after only losing a couple pounds in a couple weeks. This time, I know I just need to stick to it and do it! It does work, as we all know, if we hold ourselves accountable!

This website is great and has really helped keep me motivated... even though I'm only starting day 2 myself! (I did SBD for a couple weeks, lost only a couple pounds, and felt like crap the whole time!!)
Tryin2LoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7.5"

Wishing you all the best! I'm going for it too,so we can cheer each other on as we succeed.
choices is offline   Reply With Quote