Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #1  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Default Will I look funny?

I know there was a recent thread "nervous about goal weight" but let's talk about what you think you'll look like at goal.

First, I found a picture of me around 140 lbs (6 years ago). I had a tiny upper body, round butt, thick thighs... and my head looked huge! I guess it could've just been this one photograph, but I'm a bit worried honestly!

I think maybe I'll look like a lollipop--skinny body and giant head. Or my hips/thighs will never reduce... at my lowest weight I wore a size XS top and L/XL pants. Also, I wonder if I'll look older. I've seen a few people who've lost weight and looked much older... like their skin had less life. Maybe my pudge keeps me looking young? And my boobs! Right now they are a saggy A cup. Since I tend to lose more significantly from my upper body... will I still have any when I'm done? Will what's left still sag? My boobs looked non-existant in my 140 lb picture... and my goal weight is 25 less than that.

I mean I'm not hot stuff packing 40 extra lbs... I'm just realizing that losing the weight isn't going to turn me into Cinderella.

Though on the positive side, I remember having great shoulders at a lower weight and looking pretty foxy in strapless clothing.

I think worrying about looking worse after weight loss is like worrying about winning the lottery because then you'd have to pay more taxes. Kind of a stupid trick your mind plays on you to make yourself ask--do I REALLY want this?

Answer: Yes. I do. Even if I am a lollipop.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Yanno...

30 wide-arm push ups a day will fix the sagging.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/169/125

Height: 5'7

my guess is that going lower than you were will get your lower body more in proportion w/ your upper. If you were an XS on top you won't get much smaller there so those 40lbs have to come off the bottom. Your shape will probaly still be pear but maybe a XS top & M bottom?

My face looks older and I'm 37. I am seriously considering getting fillers when I get closer to my goal. Maybe I'm too vain!
photoRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I'm a size 6 w/ A cup up top and a 10 on bottom (just because of the thighs; the waists on jeans always have an inch or two gap). Skirts are my friends

Some of us just didn't get the hourglass genes, especially those of us of Asian descent. Don't worry about the bobblehead effect...longer hair to narrow the face and well-selected up-do's will do the trick.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post
30 wide-arm push ups a day will fix the sagging.
Really? lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/165

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah1223 View Post
Really? lol
My thoughts exactly!
LucyFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #7  

Yup. 30 a day every day, in two months you'll have a natural 'breast lift' effect from building the pectoral muscles. You'll get more fullness at the top of the boob and they'll sit higher.

Basically it's kind of filling back in the space where you lost fat (at the top, you never seem to lose it at the bottom of the breast) with muscle and tightening it up.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/175

I worry about getting down to goal weight, too. I know I used to look hot (12 years ago), but I know I'll never look like that again. Even if I hadn't gained so much weight, I'd still have face wrinkles and saggier boobs. But I keep telling myself no matter what, it will better than what I look like now. And of course, the health benefits outweigh any physical flaws.
Nishkitten - I'll definitely try those push-ups! It can't hurt.
Joyra - Good luck with your weight loss!
Genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/165

Height: 6'1

Thanks Nish, I will try that. Although my chest still seems to be rather on the large side oddly (not that my DB is complaining!)

Last edited by LucyFM; 03-21-2009 at 02:21 PM.
LucyFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #10  

What about those dreaded Triceps?!
Old 03-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah1223 View Post
What about those dreaded Triceps?!
LoL. Regular or close-hand (diamond) push-ups work the triceps and biceps pretty hardcore, but when you widen the stance (think shoulder width plus half) you don't work them nearly as hard since you're moving all of the work to your chest and lats. So while it firms up your back and chest, the muscles in your arms won't change significantly if at all.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

Nish - I think some of us (me included) may not be so lucky...I do a lot of upper body work, and based on skin genes and on the amount of weight I have lost and still have to lose, not amount of pushups will take care of the sagging...It's just something I will have to live with unfortunately.

On that note, I remember when I first got to 180 lbs and started to get freaked out - I think a part of me really truly thought that once I lost the weight I would have the perfect bod I always wanted. Haha...It is constantly hard and frustrating knowing that no matter how hard I work, I will still have a flabby/saggy stomach, boobs and arms unless I got surgery (which I don't see me choosing). BUT Then other times when I take a step back and stop obsessing with a microscope I realize it really isn't that bad, and although I have more bad angles than I'd want, I have some good ones too and that and my health are all that really matter.
Zephra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #13  

my thigh and butt dimples im pretty sure will never go lol
Old 03-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephra View Post
I think a part of me really truly thought that once I lost the weight I would have the perfect bod I always wanted. Haha...It is constantly hard and frustrating knowing that no matter how hard I work, I will still have a flabby/saggy stomach, boobs and arms unless I got surgery (which I don't see me choosing). BUT Then other times when I take a step back and stop obsessing with a microscope I realize it really isn't that bad, and although I have more bad angles than I'd want, I have some good ones too and that and my health are all that really matter.
Boy do I relate to that. I kept trying to get down to a certain number thinking that it would magically make me look hot in a bikini and I wouldn't have a sagging stomach.

I wish I had just accepted that my body would simply be a smaller version of its former self. It was awesome to see that I have long and lean legs and arms and other things that "came out from hiding", but I will always have wide-set hips and a stomach with some loose skin.

I never onced wished for my former physigue though, not once.

Last edited by junebug41; 03-21-2009 at 06:10 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Not only will you look better, but you will be healthier, too.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote