Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Default Spring starts tomorrow! YIPPEE!

Wow Spring is here already! We had an easy winter here in Virginia, we were lucky as many had some hard winters I have read.

Well I am 50 lbs lighter, well errr 49 but who's counting, and I feel SOOOO much better and lighter on my feet than I did last Spring. Last year I was 345lbs and couldn't stand for longer than 45minutes without getting a backache.

Now that I have been running every day on the elliptical for 1 hour or longer each day I have built up my stamina and I feel like I can do anything I want outside now, well almost, LOL!

I have a really cool bike that I plan to ride a lot this Spring and summer. Also I plan to walk a lot more places as I live in the downtown part of a city and also I want to start maybe hiking. Not anything TOO strenuous but a nice nature walk sounds good to me.

I still have a lot more weight to lose and as I lose more I know I'll be able to do more. I really think I would love to take up golf or tennis one day when I am ready but definitely I am not ready yet but soon!

Anybody else plan to do some activities this Spring that they couldn't (or wouldn't) do last year?

Last edited by flatiron; 03-19-2009 at 03:47 PM.
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #2  

Wowww congratulations on such a dramatic difference from last spring! I'm sure that must feel great!

This spring I want to ride my bike more often (3x at least per week), and as a more personal goal (I'm only telling you people ) I want to be able to tackle this disgustingly large hill by my house without having to get off the bike and push

Last edited by sweet_talker; 03-19-2009 at 04:18 PM.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #3  
Meow

Wow! Look how far you have come from last year! Congrats! I can't wait for spring, I plan on doing so much biking, hiking and walking.. So so so excited! =]
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #4  
Slow and sure chick

Congrats Flat iron for making it into the 200s !!!!!

I want to ride my bike a couple times a week, too.
Last year everything hurt too much to do it.
This year, watch out....
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I just cannot WAIT to buy the cutest spring dress EVER!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #6  
me me me

S/C/G: 168/150/120

Height: 5'2"

I am going to sing at a spring festival again this year - but this time not be at my heaviest weight.

I'm going to take spin classes and enjoy them.

I'm going to NOT have any days I regret.

And I am going to continue the good work I began this winter!
s0nali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nali View Post

And I am going to continue the good work I began this winter!
ME TOO!!!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

Wow, your excitement is contagious! It's a wonderful idea to have spring activities planned! Now you have me thinking! I love the bike riding idea. I used to ride my bike all the time until it hurt my back to much. So I know it will also be easier for me to do too! There are so many wonderful outdoor trails in the DC area that I would love to try and walk. I do the National Race for the Cure each year (walk) and it has been a struggle but I am looking forward to a much more enjoyable time this year!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #9  
Starting OVER!

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6

wow.. congrats that is so awesome!

I am excited for spring because I actually feel like I look OK in shorts and By summer time I am going to LOOK GREAT in them because I am staying on plan
blackbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #10  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I am so happy for you flatiron!! I remember the first summer after I started to lose weight, 2006. It was awesome, so much better than any summer before it. The freedom you feel will give you a whole new experience of summer!

Well apart from the fact that I am getting a lower body lift surgery in almost a month now, something I've been waiting for for so long that will change my life I'm sure.....

One of the big things I want to do this summer is go white water rafting!! I've never done it before and it's something I never would have attempted a few years ago (mostly because I wouldn't have wanted to be the one that didn't fit in the lifejacket!) I'm scared and so excited!!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #11  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I just realized this post is actually about spring, not summer, but oh well!!! LOL
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #12  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

aww I love spring it is my favorite season! So beautiful outside and not too cold or too warm. (though it was snowing here late last night lol) I will definitly be sticking to my plan and getting much better and stronger and slimmer!

I want to try to overcome my anxiety and go for walks and hopefully get my DH to go for walks with me! He said he would but doing it is a whole other story lol.

and spring does lead to summer which by then I should feel alot more confident to wear shorts or skirts during the hot weather I hope!!
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #13  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

As you can tell by my new avatar I'm getting VERY excited for the morel mushroom hunting season. The last few years I have been so heavy that tromping through the woods was very difficult, so I took the easy way out and drove the 4wheeler to all my good spots and only walked the bare minimum. This year I might take the 4 wheeler to the back 80, but 90% of all hunting will be ON FOOT!

Speaking of in which flatiron, you say you might try some light hiking...well I hear the shroom hunting is terrific in WV. Maybe you could take up the hobby. If you don't like to eat them you can always make some extra cash with the "motherload"
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #14  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Seconds to Lori's thoughts on mushrooms - we're going on a guided hunt this year (to learn how to do it right!), and I'm also excited about having the new start that the rest of the world gets with Spring. It's a terrific time to be outside - I echo that, since it's getting warm but the bugs aren't out yet. And the best thing ever ... that first warm night when the frogs emerge and start singing their little lungs out ... yay! This thread just made my day!

And Flatiron ... MAJOR congrats!

ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
As you can tell by my new avatar I'm getting VERY excited for the morel mushroom hunting season. The last few years I have been so heavy that tromping through the woods was very difficult, so I took the easy way out and drove the 4wheeler to all my good spots and only walked the bare minimum. This year I might take the 4 wheeler to the back 80, but 90% of all hunting will be ON FOOT!

Speaking of in which flatiron, you say you might try some light hiking...well I hear the shroom hunting is terrific in WV. Maybe you could take up the hobby. If you don't like to eat them you can always make some extra cash with the "motherload"
Seeing your avatar and reading your comments takes me back to my childhood in Kansas. I love to go mushroom hunting with my Dad and then getting to eat them...mmmm...so good! I haven't been home for mushrooms in 25 years. Wow, I miss it. Thanks for reminding me of such good times!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote