Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #1  

Default Hello. . .

I just thought I would do a introduction.

My name is Kristine. I am a 36 year old stay at home mom to three wonderful boys (3, 2, and 9 months). I have struggled with my weight since I started college. I have tried numerous diets and had some success but then I went back to my old eating habits.

A brief history of my dieting. . .I did TOPS (calorie counting) when I was 23 and successful lost 30 lbs. Then I started dating and got married and I wasn't concerned with how I was eating and the pounds crept back on. When I was 30, I tried the South Beach Diet and lost 30 lbs. It seemed to work with my lifestyle. After losing those 30 lbs, I became pregnant and then pregnant again, and then pregnant again. With each pregnancy I added more lbs and never lost the weight I had gained with the previous pregnancies. Fast forward to the present, I am about 75 lbs away from where i would like to be. i have been trying to start the SBD for a few months now. I have had some mild success but I am realizing that it is not conducive to my lifestyle now. I have rejoined TOPS and am planning on doing calorie counting once again. I am hoping to see some success with this way of eating.

I plan to start tomorrow. I look forward to meeting you all and sharing our successes.
mythreesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi Kristine! Welcome! You'll find that many 3FC members know exactly how that is. We do have some TOPS folks here--maybe you'll meet some!

Good luck! You can successfully lose your excess weight and keep it off. Lots of people here have done that.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #3  
1200 cal or more

S/C/G: 201/175.6/164

Height: 5'7'' Age 29

Welcome- New to this can you tell me what TOPS is?
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #4  

Thanks for the welcome!

TOPS stands for Taking Off Pounds Sensibly. It is a group hat meets weekly and you have weigh ins and then meetings to discuss ways to make healthy choices. They have chapters all over the world.
mythreesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

TOPS sounds like a great organization. You also found the right place to get support for a sensible, healthy approach to weight loss. Welcome to 3FC! There are lots of calorie counters, including maintainers who use it as a way of life. I'm a CCer too by the way. Again, welcome and good luck with your journey!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #6  
1200 cal or more

S/C/G: 201/175.6/164

Height: 5'7'' Age 29

Thank you for explaining it. I will have to look it up.
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote