Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 03:38 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Thursday

Well, it's 2:32 a.m. Thursday morning, so I guess I can start Thursday's thread. Only two more nights after this one is complete, yay!

Man, I could not sleep this morning. I had to work until 6:30 b/c this guy's wife had her baby and he took a couple of days off. I stopped by my dad's office (he works here too) to chat for a few minutes. On my way home, I saw a dog that someone must have hit on the highway and bawled the rest of the way home. I went to Burger King again (thank God I get off at 4:30 tonight and nothing's open) for breakfast, had a ham egg and cheese croissanwich with LARGE hashbrowns. I am such a sinner. Then I sat around reading and when I finally tried climbing in bed, just couldn't sleep. I don't feel guilty about the way I've been eating lately because I think that I'll do better when I re-start on WW by pigging out so much now. The week before I first started WW, I pigged out and when I started WW, I didn't give in to cravings because I had just had what I wanted not that long before.

According to the scale here, I've gained three lbs in the last week. Know what's sort of masochistic about that? I'm kind of glad that I gained those 3 lbs because now I get to lose them again. What's wrong with me? Maybe it's these night shifts...

Well, ladies, I know I should respond a little more, but I think someone's picking a fight at the counter and I better go take care of it...

Me
Old 05-30-2002, 10:56 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

KIM!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should email and pm any good wedding tips. Mine is in March but I am sure we can still be helpful to one another. Did you purchase a wedding planner yet (the book that is) Just curious. I had a hard time finding one I liked but I love the one I got. I don't have it here but if you would like to know about it I will get the author info. etc. That was the first thing I bought I am so ecstatic. The waiting is over Congratulations.

Ok now that that is out of my system I wasn't around yesterday. My allergies were hideous so I decided to call in. I spent the day shopping and hanging out with my sister. So yah, I guess I could have worked but oh well.

Winter, Jess and KT- I got my Pilates videos. I watched and kind of did the basic one yesterday and then the 20 minute tape this am. I love it so far but the true test is whether or not I will stick to it. We will see. It isn't reall difficult although there are a couple of moves where I follow the modified chick. I want to commit to it for 10 wks b/c that is what they recommend.

WW wise I got on the scale this am and it says that I am down another 1.5 lbs which makes 6 pds this month. I haven't been eating wonderfully just better.

My b-day is this wknd and I am thinking that DF may get me Vera Wang perfume. I was flipping through a wedding mag. and he sniffed it out and fell in love with it. I didn't even notice the smell while I was flipping but I do like it a lot! He asked if I would wear it if he bought it for me. Who knows though b/c that was last wknd and I feel like guys don't always remember stuff like that. I actually am not real concerned with what he gets me due to the fact that I am wearing a diamond he just bought me a wk ago

Ooh big question ladies. I have a WW pedometer that I have had forever and I just decided to start wearing it to work b/c what I have found is that I will attempt to increase how much I walk when I wear it. The question is what is the average amt walked per day (miles or steps) so that I can attempt to increase this. I know this sounds like a crazy question but I remember reading this once and I just can't remember the amounts. So if anyone can answer my silly question I would appreciate it

Lexxy-Thanks for the pilates info. This tape actually does go into great detail about your form and breathing etc.

Thanks, Becky
Old 05-30-2002, 12:27 PM   #3  

Hey girls,

Where has everyone been lately? I know I haven't been around much myself. That is mostly due to the fact that I really haven't been eating right or exercising at all - it's like all that hard work and what I've been focusing on for the last 10 months has just slipped my mind! I'm with Jess - I don't feel guilty about it, but I feel like I SHOULD feel guilty about it For example, we had a company picnic lunch yesterday and I had a plain gardenburger on a bun and didn't want to eat any of the chips or mayo-based salads. But then I had 3 of those big bakery cookies and a cupcake! I guess it's better that I didn't eat all that PLUS a regular burger with chips and potato salad. Ah well. Today my eating has been alright - I'm in the middle of my Lean Cuisine as we type But I know tonight will blow it for me - going to a crazy happy hour that I'm sure will last most of the night. I can't wait!

Becky, I don't know what the average amount of steps per day is, but I think the goal per day is 10,000 steps for fitness.

Jess, I love that you are not beating yourself up over eating the BK. Sometimes you just need to eat stuff like that for sanity sake (at least I do). If you're going to eat it, might as well enjoy it.

Well, that's about it for me right now. I am going to try to come up with things to do to last me the rest of the afternoon - I definitely have spring/summer fever of some sort!
Old 05-30-2002, 12:46 PM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Becky, on my pedometer program, you want to shoot for 10,000 steps a day just to be considered "active" and 15,000 steps a day if you are trying to use it as a weight loss tool. It sounds like so many but I was surprised at how fast they add up. Just remember to fidget a lot, like pace when you're on the phone, waiting in line, etc.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:29 PM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Thanks for the pedometer info. I am only at 4500 thus far and it is 2:30. Yikes 15,000. I will attempt it but I am not sure. The upside is that I am working at the pizzeria tonight so I will probably add a lot of steps there but generally I wonder if I even am considered active Well now I definitely know what to shoot for. Thanks again Lexxie and aarons mom (sorry I don't know your name yet)

Where is everyone??? Well I will talk to all of you later!

Jenk, JenL, Tonya, Belle, Kim, KT, Kirsty, Lolly, Kieri, etc. etc. etc. I hope you are all having great days!!!!!
Old 05-30-2002, 02:30 PM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

Becky: What's your email address? I could definitely use a wedding planning buddy! I'm starting to think I'm crazy for trying to plan something in 5 months. BF (ooh, I guess he's my fiance) and I are going to look at a place tomorrow. It's a converted barn on a mountain top. Beautiful view and it's actually available one weekend in November.

I know I probably don't stand a chance of losing 50 lbs in 5 months, but I'm pushing for at least 30. I've been good so far eating and even been to the gym. That ring on my finger is a wonderful deterrant to food. My willpower moment yesterday: I ordered a turkey sandwich from Sheetz and I was already driving away when I discovered they had put fries in the bag! (I had gotten a bag of Baked Lays).After cursing at Sheetz, I ate ONE fry (I had to) and threw the rest away. YEAH!

Well, I'm slammed with work today because my brain wouldn't work yesterday and I didn't get hardly anything done. So I better run. Hi to Lexxy, Jess, Aaronsmom and anyone else out there!
Old 05-30-2002, 04:10 PM   #7  
Water Freak

Hey everyone- Finally having a really good day of eating! Still have space for a decently sized dinner this evening AND I have done tons and tons of walking (with lots of uphill!). I finally feel like I am maybe getting this whole weight loss thing on track. Caught sight of my thighs in a mirror this morning (don't have a full lenght mirror at home)...YECH! So that has been my motivation all day. Don't want my legs to look even grosser. Grace- You will have to let me know how that pedometer works out for you! I was sort of toying with the idea of getting one sometime, but they seemed kind of pricey. So I wound up counting steps while I walked for five minutes and then figuring out how many minutes a day I needed to hit 10,000....but I think I am actually walking faster now, so maybe I need to do it again!

Ok well, need to go do some laundry and whatnot.

Cat
Old 05-30-2002, 04:20 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. I just have a quick chance to sneak in while the boss is at coffee. Some days they're very vigilant, some days they forget I work here.

Jess - your countdown of nights left is almost over - and then bring on the willpower!!

Becky - I don't think I would be anywhere near that many steps in a day. All I do is sit at a desk and answer a phone. I'm sure the pizzeria will take care of the rest of your steps.

Lexxy - don't kick yourself about the goodies - we all need to treat ourselves once and a while - way to ignore the potato salad!!

Kim - A converted barn!! That sounds so great. I'm sure you'll find the perfect place to have your wedding. I friend of mine planned hers in 6 weeks so no worries, you have plenty of time.

Well, I had Subway for lunch so I hope I can keep my points down for dinner. I've been craving carbs lately. The weather here has cleared up a bit so at least I can ride tonight and work some of those bread calories off.

Have a great evening all!

KT
Old 05-30-2002, 04:25 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hey Cat - we were posting at the same time.

They sell pedometres up here at places like Radio Shack and Canadian Tire and Zellers all for less than $20. Which really is next to nothing when you convert into US$. If you think it will help you, you should go for it.

KT
Old 05-30-2002, 04:40 PM   #10  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Kim- A converted barn, that sound beautiful. I am a bit jealous that you are gettng married in Va. I did undergrad and it is so beautiful. Mi. is nice too though ( I am trying to convince myself ) Anyways you are definitely on the right track with finding a wedding site first. I have that nailed down now I just have a million other things to do Anways I will send you my email address or do people just put it on the message board ??? Oh well I'll send it b/c I am typically naive about privacy issues etc. I understand not being able to work. When DF told me about his intentions and we went ring shopping I didn't work at all that wk. I just filled in ENGAGEMENT WEEK in my planner. I kind of accepted the fact that I would not be able to concentrate, however I know not all jobs allow that sort of slacking. Technically mine doesn't either BUT ya know

KT-Yah I probably won't be near it either b/c it is 4:30 and I have 5400. I have a desk job also but it is at the end of the hall from the main office so I have been hiking up there as often as possible.

Cat- I will let you know next wk at this time whether or not it kept me more active during the work day. This wknd I don't think I will wear it but Monday I will start again.

Ok off to job #2

Becky
Old 05-30-2002, 09:24 PM   #11  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Sorry, Grace, I do have a name. It's Jayne, although some days I don't remember that I am anyone but Aaron's mom! Maybe that's part of the problem...
Closed Thread