Old 03-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, March 16 through Sunday, March 22, 2009

Good Morning Chicks! Happy New Week.

What's going on in your world?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've got weigh in today and the scale looks horrible. My typical 3rd week doldrums. I've been following the dog around the yard all morning trying to get a urine sample. No luck yet.

I'll be back later.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #3  

Hi Everyone
Just checking in.
I have had a busy weekend.
Hope you get your sample. Hope your puppy is ok.
Sorry you didnt like your new Dr. Sometimes those Dr are so insenstive.
Well I need to get off here. Have to get ready to go to town.
I hope everyone had a good weekend.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Thinking of everyone
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Brought my post over from last weeks thread.

Lost this week [.5] at my Monday W-I but I'll take it.

Not worried,as I just started eating my meals in a smaller[3 section] plate for portion control.I guess it takes a while before I get used to new way of eating.

Tracker finally reading correctly.

VICKIESorry about your new internist.Finding a good one is impossible theses days,even up here on the cape.I think you made the right decision, you should go back to your old doctor as the new one seems like a jerk.

MY friends are experiencing that now,as my doctor is an internist, geriatrics and specializes in bones.One of my friends called his office and he not taking new patients anymore.

COCO Hi Hope you have a good day

Have to go,will be back later

Last edited by beach bum; 03-16-2009 at 12:12 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #5  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

Just for you Rhonda I've popped back in too

Sorry I've been gone for so long, this winter I've just been really I've still been going to WW but I've pretty much been stuck at 230 +/- 3 for a year now. With everything that's been going on I should be happy about not gaining tons, I know but the knowing doesn't help the emotions. So I've decided to seriously start again, I'm weighing and measuring everything again instead of just guessing or thinking I know.....I've also started re-reading Dr.Oz and am walking 30 mins a day NO excuses, last week I got in 5 but since the week before it was like 2 I figure it was a vast improvement. I may even dust off my bike tomorrow it's supposed to be in the upper 60's (of course back to freezing by the weekend )

On the DH front (since I'm sure you'll ask), things have been pretty ichy. His blood counts keep bottoming out so they keep postponing treatments, plus now he has to give himself shots to get the white counts up, he feels like this chemo thing will last forever (and sometimes I do to). He also has developed an incisional hernia which gives him a "pouchy" stomach, but they can't fix it until the chemo's done, his hair has thinned a bunch, this along with some other side effects from the surgery, and some issues with his job have made his mood pretty low. I keep thinking it will get better but I'm not sure how or when (got to polish up that crystal ball.....)

Well enough about me....

Rhonda - hope you enjoyed your trip.

Vickie - Hang in there you can do this you know it....Sorry about the dr.

Sandra - did you make it to WW today????

Sloan - hope you're feeling better. Did you finish that sweater? I've been knitting up a storm.

Tracie - Eat more filling foods you shouldn't feel hungry. Congrats on the big loss

Coco & Maryann -

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

I haven't had a chance to read anything yet. We got home a few minutes ago. I won. We're exhausted but happy. There were almost 1300 folks flinging arrows. It was exciting. Now we're about to crash.

Donna, I'm sorry about Dh. I wish both of you the best.

I apologize for not posting to each of you now. I'm exhausted and am getting offline till tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #7  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Hi Chickies. I've been trying to stay on track, but I hate the points counting. I am going to ask for the week 6 materials on Wednesday's wi and start stictly on core/simply filling. I like it so much better.
Well, just wanted to check in. Got to go! See you all later.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

I gained .6. I'm very bummed; although this is my pattern of losing three weeks and then either staying the same or having a small gain on the fourth. I'm sure I'll get it off next week. I'm not changing my tracker. That may be a mistake but I'm going to be optimistic.

Grrr.....the JC Counselor did not have much advice. Really they are more cheerleaders than anything else.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #9  
beachbum

HAPPY ST PARTICK'S DAY LADIES

Going to spend a quite day with my Leo.We're going to eat our corned beef cabbage & potato dinner later.

Nothing new,this after there as some sort of charity golf tournament that we will watch.

DONNA-Welcome back to the treat. I know you had a lot to go though with your DH's chemo and everything.Happy to hear that you didn't faultier in your weight loss effects.That a plus that your back to walking for 30 mins. I was I could walk outside,but even though the sun is out, the winds are very strong up here and it hard to walk with out being blown over.Putting you and your DH back on my prayer lost.

SANDRA-Congratulation on your win,take all the time to rest up.That's part of the weight loss effects.That a lot of people in one place. Didn't think target competition was that popular.

TRACIE-That why I left the flex and loved the core plan.Counting was for the birds. Now I back to counting as I using the point system to count calories ever since my doctor suggest to to stay on a 1400-1600[28-32pts] calorie count. WW leader who shriek if she knew I was up that high & not on her 1000[20p] count.

VICKIE-Sorry that you gained,that little bit, but you know that your weight loss pattern and I sure you 'll have a big loss again next week. Now that I'm portion controlled with a small entree tray,I see inches lost,as my slacks are fall off. You might see the same thing when the scale doesn't more.

Have a great morning,will look in on you gals later

Last edited by beach bum; 03-17-2009 at 09:47 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #10  
Donna

Just stopping in really quick before I head out to the park to meet my folks. Got my walk in yesterday and stuck to plan, so I'm pretty happy. It was difficult at my knitting last night we meet at Panera's and man their baked goods mmmmmmmm.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Hope you are all well and on program. I'll be exercising soon before I go to see what my former Internist has to say about my situation.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

urg... I need to vent..

Hubby keeps changing what diet he is on...

I plan the menu, shop, & cook while trying to stick to a tight budget.
This means I buy meats and other stuff on sale and freeze as much as possible. He was on atkins so I stocked up on meats, last week
he took a week off ...This week he wants to do core.

I don't like red meat more than once a week so now I have a bunch of red meat in the freezer.

Core is actually easier because I am trying to do Core and my son can eat
that way also with a few extras...

Maybe this is a good thing because all 3 of us can eat Core and it will be easier to cook. Before I sorta cooked 3 ways every night.

I can use the meats once or twice a week.

This will make it easier on me to just have core foods around.

Now I need to do something about the cookies I made my son last night....
I'll send them to school with him

Thanks for "listening"

nancy
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone
Just want to wish everyone a Happy St. Paddys Day
We are having a beauitful day here today. The sun is shining. The sun is warm. But the air is cool. Seems like the grass is starting to grow.

TECHALUM Hope you are doing ok. Will keep you and hubby in my prayers.

ONTARGET Congrats on the win. Hope you got rested up.

NANCY237 Vent any time. We are here for you. For me it makes it so much easier to fix the same thing for everyone. Instead of 3 different meals.

TWESTRA Hope you are having a good day.

VICKIE Hope your Dr appt goes well today. Dont worry about the gain. Probably fluid. You will get it off next week. Good job on exercising before you appt.

BEACHBUM Enjoy your day with hubby.

Well I am going to get off here for now.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
To everyone.
Be back later.
coco
Old 03-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #14  

Oh I forgot to say.
I lost 3 lbs last night.
I was really surprised. Especially after all the partying we did over the weekend. So I will have to be really good this week. So it dont catch up with me. And I will have to drink a lot of water.
coco
Old 03-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Just a quick minute to stop by. Things are going well here, I have wi tomorrow and I'm going to do what I can to make the meeting. Even if I can't spare the full time for the meeting I need to go get weighed.

Did my grocery shopping today - tons of fresh fruit! Love to have it on hand. Dinner tonight is core chicken parm - basically chicken seasoned with italian seasonings and baked, served with ww pasta and sauce. DD and DH both love it and its easy. Got a nice loaf of bread that they can have with their dinner - I'll skip that.

Coco, congrats on the loss!!!

Welcome back Donna!

Welcome Home and congrats on the wins Sandra.

Vickie, hope the Dr works out. Don't let one week get you down, your doing great!

Hi Maryann, hope you got out today. Its beautiful! I did get a walk in this afternoon.

Hi Rhonda and anyone else I missed. Got to run and meet the bus.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote