Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 04:35 PM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Late afternoon is a BAD BAD time!

I've never posted on this forum before, but I chose this one because I too am a weight watchers follower (or at least I attempt to be) and am in my twenties. Here's my problem( and from what I see, something others struggle with too): I wake up in the morning so full of high hopes and good intentions. I work out with my weights, I eat a 5 point breakfast, I am very good all morning, I eat a six point lunch, I think, "Hey, I'm doing well today." Then late afternoon comes, and it all goes in a handbasket. I don't know why I choose to blow it. I don't think I even mean to choose to blow it. It just happens and I kind of wake up in the middle of it and think to myself, "What are you doing?" Not that this thought stops me. Do any of you ever hit that late afternoon icky time? What do you do? Especially when it doesn't hit you that you're even doing it until you're in the middle of it. Please advise me if anyone else struggles with this and how they overcome it. Thanks, I'd appreciate help!
Old 05-29-2002, 06:03 PM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Default Yup

I can relate. I think its mostly for me the afterwork-before dinner time. I snack while I cook or I get home and am starving. Often b/f isnt' hungry at the time, so I'll have a snack until dinner, but then I waste points and end up going over. You are SO not alone in that....I try to eat a low point snack at mid afternoon to combat it....maybe eat a bigger lunch?

Come join our daily thread more often.

Belle
Old 05-29-2002, 06:19 PM   #3  
Proud Canadian

I know exactly how you feel and I've done it myself. I am a late afternoon eater. That's when I'm hungriest and that's when I eat the most. If you are on the program, some people count their daily points starting at 4pm through to the next day at 4 pm and some find that helps curb their afternoon eating habits. to be honest with you, I have to distract myself. If I workout after I've eaten, I find myself not wanting to eat. Alternately, if I plan (in the morning) everything I'm going to eat in the day, including at night, I'm less likely to stray from the plan (I also leave a little room in my points for my low point treats) and I can always exercise to get a few extra points. Hope that helps you.
Good Luck and come back and join us on our daily threads.
KT
Old 05-29-2002, 08:19 PM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Hello, Aaronsmom! Here's what I do with the late-afternoon eating temptation.. First, let me explain my "regular" schedule (right now I'm working nights, so there's no such thing as normal). I work from 7:30-4. I eat lunch at 11, so when I get off work at 4, I'm starving. I've started just eating my dinner then. That's when I'm hungriest and most likely to blow it, so I try to eat a large dinner that's in my points range. by the time my dinner is prepared, it's 4:30 or 5 and ends up not being that early of a dinner. I keep myself busy the rest of the night--I go to the gym for 1 1/2 hours (about), come home and eat a big bowl of air-popped popcorn, and go to bed early. Distracting myself has been my biggest ally in losing weight.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:41 PM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Thanks for the understanding and support. I am going to try some of those suggestions and see if I can't get this under control.
Closed Thread