Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2009, 11:54 PM   #1  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Default What can I do?

Hey everyone I need some advice...

I was around here last year for a short time and without going into a whole sob story... I'm trying to get my life back on track. Right now I'm unemployed and living with some friends who are kind enough to feed me. I know what sort of lifestyle plan I would *like* to have but since I am not buying my own food right now I can only do so much. Here's what I figure would at least help for now. (every bit helps, right?!)

*water intake (building up to at least 100 oz)
*daily walk (60 minutes preferably)
*vitamins (currently taking a multivitamin with iron and a super b complex)
*watch sugar intake (don't eat the "goodies" even if I have to eat non whole grain bread and such)

I suppose I could also

*add other vitamins and such... I would like to get fish oil and maybe vitamin D
*count calories (i have a fitday account)

is there anything else i can do that would be little to no cost that i can incorporate?

what do you think of what i've listed? pros? cons?

thanks
gothik butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Don't overwhelm yourself. If you will accurately count calories and commit to daily walking, you will be successful. Welcome back.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #3  

I think your ideas are exactly on track!

I going to assume that you might be offered whatever they have for dinner. Hopefully, what they offer is a well-rounded meal, including protein, grains, and a vegetable. Choose the smallest portion of protein, half the grain amount, and double the vegetable amount. Every meal you have away from the house, make sure it's a vegetable-intensive meal. Eliminate any drinks beyond water, black coffee, and tea (calorie-less beverages). If you do buy food or cook at all, veggies, veggies, veggies!

Another thing to consider -- embrace any opportunities to burn calories. Offer to take the kids to the park (and play tag with them ), mop the floors, mow the lawn, and wash the car. All those can be pretty high calorie-burning activities while also contributing to the household.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote