Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2000, 12:04 PM   #1  
Senior Chick

I thought we were getting a little long so here's a new thread.

Trudy is your leader Salle? I get her weekly e-mail & she is terrific. I envy you getting to go to meetings with her.

Schoolgirl 19# great for you! You have been working hard. Keep it up!

Slavika That sounds like quite a wedding. I haven't been to a wedding in ages.

Lily congrats on your loss too. I knew it would start coming off again. Remeber to drink lots of water in hawaii and I bet you come back lighter! (in weight & probably cash LOL) I too thimk you'd be a great leader and I'd even take a field trip to see you in action!

Josie We went to the Cal vs Utah game on Saturday. The Cal alumni band also played. I have friends who play and always enjoy seeing them. We have season tickets and a lot of hope (which you must have to be a Cal fan ) This is my 31st year attending the games :O

I lost 1.3 this week. I'm looking forward to the big 80 in a few weeks!

Glenda You should write for a living. That letter was terrific. I've posted it and brought it in to work to share.

It is Monday night and I'm off to bed!

Margot

------------------

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels
Old 09-12-2000, 07:47 PM   #2  

Managed to get someone to work at the hospital for me today so here I am at the computer. Wanted to get a page of recipes printed up for my WW group tonight. It's a small group so easy to do things for.

Margot another loss you are going like wild fire. *** *** What is this weekly e-mail from Salle. Sounds like a great idea. Tell me more

I'll be back later.
Old 09-12-2000, 09:15 PM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Karen: You can get the letter here: http://www.onelist.com/community/WWNewsletter

Cal turned me on to it and it is great! It comes out once a week and it has been very motivational and has a lot of good stuff in it. Well worth signing up for! I am going to forward the last one I got to you so you can see.

Cal: Wow you are doing so good! Congrats on the loss!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 09-12-2000).]
Old 09-13-2000, 03:26 AM   #4  

Lily Thanks for the look see.
Cal thanks for the heads up on this.
Karen
Old 09-13-2000, 06:20 AM   #5  
Super Surfer

Hooray!! Down 1 lb. I wasn't in any mood to go to WW today, but thanks to Slavika who motivated me I went and now I feel great. I didn't have a great week OP, it has been so hard to chew so I have been indulging in soft, smooth cool food (OK..ice cream), so I was nervous aout getting on the scale. She also gave me a taste of the Blueberry Coffee Cake...delicious You gals have to try it. Thanks Slavika!
Cal..Salle is not my WW leader. Our leader is Shelagh. But thanks to you and Lily I now know about her. Went to the site and read and subscribed to the e-mail newsletter. I think it is great the way all of you gals share any information you come across. Every bit helps.
Our WW leader is in England for a month so we had Alvin today. He is a retired pharmacist and actually was quite good.
Sometimes he just reads the stuff off the board and can be boring.

Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is
..I will check back later on to see what's new.

[This message has been edited by Trudy (edited 09-12-2000).]
Old 09-13-2000, 07:29 AM   #6  
Super Surfer

Hi Cal...I was just reading Salle's newsletters and I now realize why you thought she might be our leader here. Our Shelagh is from Liverpool England and Salle is going to Bournemouth England. I haven't read enough yet to know if Salle is originally from England. That in itself is a coincidence . Going back to read some more.
Old 09-13-2000, 08:36 AM   #7  
Net browser

HI EVERYBODY It was my WW Meeting and Weigh in today and I guess I wasn't too bad at the wedding because I lost 1.6#.
Maybe LILY by the time you get back from Hawaii I will be back at goal.
I think you said you are going to two islands but I forget which two and in what order~~~~~
CAL & LILY thank you for the info on the newsletter, TRUDY'S right we sure do learn a lot from all you gals on this board.
~~~~~ CAL HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU great, down another 1.3#, ~~~~~
My G.son phoned around 4:30 and asked if he could could ride his bike over...of course. I meet him so that he will not have to cross a busy street. When he comes in he says, "you know why I wanted to come here, Baba?" So I said why? He said, "I could tell I wasn't going to like what we were going to have for dinner tonight so I thought I would come here and you could make me two hotdogs." So did my 6 yr. old Gson get his two hotdogs, LOL, you bet. .....and he loved that Blueberry Coffee Cake. Well I'll check back later tonight and see if any of the other gals posted. Bye for now.
Old 09-13-2000, 09:34 AM   #8  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: Congrats on the loss! Weigh to go!
You will like getting those letters they are great!

Slavika: Congrats to you to! Heres hoping you are at goal when I get back. Updated the chart for you to. We are going to Ohau, Maui and Hawaii. Got lots to do before we leave to. So I best get busy!
Old 09-13-2000, 09:39 AM   #9  

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to drop by and say hi.

I went to a Tops meeting tonight, think that where I will go for awhile, it was a lively group of ladies and right now that what I need.

I also sign up for another craft show, some time I don't know about me, I now have 3 show to do between Oct. 21st and Dec. 1st plus school, oh will I work better under pressure any way.

Everyone have a good night and I'll see you all later.

Night Schoolgirl
Old 09-13-2000, 10:05 AM   #10  

Back again,

Weigh to go Trudy and Slavika Nice weight losses for you both.

Slavika The other day I was reading some where on this site some one had asked you about an old program with 250 bonus calories. So I did some digging and found those bonus calories are from the old Freedom Plan . Remember "Take the weekends off". Depending on what you weighed you had a range of slections and then each day if you wanted more you could use 250 bonus calories. Or save them for Taking the weekends off. That was the 1996 program. I seem to remember that I liked that program. Got to go .

Old 09-13-2000, 10:32 AM   #11  

We had a very nice weekend with our son and DIL. She was in a good mood, which made for a pleasant visit. (Last time they visited our daughter was here. They don't get along & DIL was a total grump.)
Anyway, the Fair was fun and the Alabama concert was wonderful . We had such a good time!
Weigh-in was last night. I'm down 1.8 for a total of 18 this time around. I had tried doing the At-Home program and lost some prior to joining. (Down 37 from my all-time high.)
I don't get as winded going up stairs like I did. So that's a big plus.
It sounds like everyone is getting back in the groove again, even with all the weddings and parties etc. This is such an inspirational group!
Have a TERRIFIC, water-filled Wednesday!
Old 09-13-2000, 09:46 PM   #12  

Hi Slavika -- Just dropping in to let you know I haven't forgotten you and how helpful
you were with the old program. Sorry to hear you had a cold and hope you are better.

I'm kind of "holding my own" at this point. Weighed in yesterday and stayed the same. Which was what I was hoping for since I didn't do well on program or walking last week. I'm motivated this week, though because I need to get serious and start losing more instead of staying the same. I'm only down 7 lbs in 7 weeks, which isn't that great considering in the first 2 weeks I lost 5.4 lbs total.

Sounds like you're doing well and should be back down to goal pretty soon. Good luck to you. I will keep in touch.

Have a great week.

Dianne
Old 09-13-2000, 09:51 PM   #13  
Flying Fingers

Hi Gang,
I think Glenda and Slavika should team up and write a book. Y'all have such a way with words -- both of you! Y'all could get alot of real life ideas from this very group of cyber friends.
WOW!! We do have a bunch of "losers" here this week! HAPPY DANCE TO ALL OF YOU "LOSERS" Great job!!
Since I'm a lifetime WW member I've only been going to meetings every other week. I missed last Friday, so I hope to get there this Fri. My home scale doesn't seem to be moving, so I don't know what I've done the past 3 weeks. Hope to report a lose also. It's so slow with this hypothyroidism.
I'd like to see one of those newsletters, Lily, before I subscribe. Would you mind sending one my way? Thanks! My weekly bible study started up again last night, so I'll have alot of reading and homework to do with that, so I don't want to subscribe to something else right now. But I'd like to scan the newletter.
Don't know about y'all, but I've got more going on in my life than I can keep up with (or so I think) -- finishing touches on Cole's rocker, bathroom project is ready for priming and painting (I'm doing the Faux painting in there), typing to keep up with, bible study, exercise (which often gets left out), housework, meals, clothes, shopping ---- can anyone relate?? Please, I'm not complaining. I'm very fulfilled and certainly not bored. Oh, and one other thing I've noticed, I'm slower than I used to be!

Enough of that, I'm off to do some typing now. Will visit later.
Blessings to all,
Josie
Lily When do you leave on your trip, Friday??
Old 09-14-2000, 01:42 AM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Doxie: Congrats on the loss! I bet the Alabama Concert was good. Would of like to see them my self

Josie: I forwarded my last email that I got for Salle. I think you can read them at the site to. But not sure havent checked that part out yet. We leave Friday for the trip. Yippee!!!

Dianne: Are you measuring your food? Its is so important when just starting to measure everything. So that you know what a real portion size is. ANd make sure you get all the water in. Have you talked to your leader to? They might be able to help and pinpoint what is going on.
Old 09-14-2000, 02:52 AM   #15  

Hi LilyG:

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually a lifetime member for 5 years (just left for 14 months and rejoined recently). So, I know what I need to do, but I haven't really been doing it. This week, I've buckled down and have even been "banking" a couple of points. I'm journalling, drinking my water (love water!) and I've been walking for 30-45 mins a night.

So, hopefully, there will be a loss (even if its a small one) at this Sunday's weigh in.

Thanks again. Hope you are doing well.

Dianne
Closed Thread