South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 03:35 AM   #1  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Default Fabulously Funny Friday

Alrighty ladies! Thought I'd start us off seeing as I'm up and at'em for

RED NOSE DAY!!!

I'll be doin something funny for money!!! It's going to be a great day at work...there will be loads of competitions and raffle prizes all to raise money for comic relief. I can't wait. My cupcakes are made with their glace cherries on top to look like red noses!

See you chix later

Old 03-13-2009, 05:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great start to the day, Kool! If my nose is red today, it's from the cold. It's still pretty dark out there but we are supposed to have sunshine. It's only -12ºC/10ºF but supposed to improve. (I talk about the weather too much - must be my farmer blood! )

I'm off to town for a haircut this morning and will do some shopping while I'm in civilization. I'm getting cravings for spring veggies and may break down and buy some asparagus if it's from the Northern Hemisphere. It seems wrong to eat asparagus from Peru in winter. Of course, by mid-June I'm sick of it as my patch produces a bumper crop every spring.

Not much got done around here yesterday between the oil tank guys and general lethargy but I'll try to remedy that today. Tomorrow I have a big funeral/celebration/lunch thingie which will sort of cream the day so I need to get my a$$ in gear today.

Even if your nose is not red, try to have fun today!

Happy Red Nose Day!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy RED NOSE Day, Elusive! Have tons of fun and I hope it's a successful fund raiser!

Let me clarify that, Ruth. You're going to a funeral/celebration/lunch today? Ok. That sounds interesting. At least it doesn't sound like a somber affair.

Brrrr! It's awfully cold here, but at least it's dry and sunny. It's a fine day for my sweet Audrey's birthday. She's 8 years old today, and very excited! We're keeping Maggie home from school again today, as that fever is running it's course, but we'll be decorating for Audrey's birthday party and getting everything organized. I'll have to pack the girls' bags, too, as the family is going to Baltimore for a big weekend to celebrate.

Hey, we're only a week away from Spring!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:37 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning gals. 6 overtimes make for a very tired basketball fan (but happy).

I'll be back later when I'm awake.

ETA - Jenny- I'd love to see the cupcakes (from a safe distance!) do you have pictures?

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-13-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! I'm hoping thoughts of Red Nose Day pick me up...feelin' kinda blah today...

Kool-aid -have a blast! I love the whole concept...wish we would start it here.

Ruth - Can I go with you? How easy is asparagus to grow?

Cottage - Have fun with all the activities! I would think 8 is a great age...I'll find out in a couple of years!

Cyndi - glad your team did well!

Me - No news on the house, and I don't think it would happen today. Since it's spring break, I think the person we need is out of town. Sigh...I was really hoping to be able to work on it this weekend...but that would make it too easy, wouldn't it?

Work 9-2 today, and the schedule (so far) is pretty empty. Then....well, I dunno! Originally we were going to be painting, now...maybe getting the kids outside while it's a bit warmer?

Hope you have a great red nose day!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Cottage, funerals seem to have turned into a "celebration of Life". In this case, the woman died about a month ago and was cremated. The service will be a big deal with a cast of thousands. It'll be held at a large Church in a town a half hour away with the Bishop and the Mayor, guitars, bagpipes, solos and readings. It's definitely a navy silk and pearls event which will be followed by "The Lunch"! I wish I could skip it but have been asked to read a lesson. I didn't ever meet this lady but do know her daughter so..... I sure hate to spend most of my Saturday being good though!

Cottage, wish wee Audrey a very Happy Birthday and a speedy recovery to Maggie! Do you have to "work" the BD party?

Twinn, hang in - it'll resolve itself soon. Asparagus is pretty easy but takes 3-5 years to get well established. Just buy it in season.

Cyndi, I read overtime as ovaries! I need coffee to wake up too.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, the party is from 6-8 tonight, and I'm not obligated to stay. Since both sets of grandparents will be there, I'm going to take advantage and leave early. Audrey will be busy and won't miss me.

Twynne, maybe there's a positive side to this. At least you'll have more time to pack.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

I'm so sleepy and it's past 8:00 already. I've been tired every morning all week. I don't know what it's about.

Busy day today. A closing this afternoon, an inspection this morning, showings, it's all a blur. And I have to hit the supermarket but don't have a list ready.

Scale jumped up 2 pounds so I'm right back where I was two days ago. I don't know what that weight jumping is all about.

I need coffee.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 03-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning ladies,

It seems like forever since I have chimed in but next week is Spring Break so maybe....

Elusive-Happy day hope your fund raiser goes well.
Ruth-Stay warm in your day doings today Spring is coming wish I could send you some warmth,it is suppose to be 80 today and beautiful.
Cottage-Happy Birthday to Audrey today, our DS2 is 13 today! Now I am a mom to 2 teenagers..it makes the days seem long and the years so short...
Cyndi-I am looking forward to baseball season.
Twynn and Absolute-

As for me just been busy with everyday stuff of life. The scale has not moved in 3 weeks so I need to do something to shake it up(or I wonder if I just kick the scale alittle). Looking forward to next week hopefully I can focus on the house and get it looking like I would like it to be.

Better to get going or I will be running late. hopefully to return soon.

Have a great day and a safe one too!!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Red Nose Day, Koolaid! I love that,too. I'd absolutely celebrate if it were a holiday here.

Ruth, We lived in Colorado when I was a little girl. Aparagus grew wild. I remember picking it along the fence lines. Yum! You will be beautiful in navy silk and pearls.

Cottage, Have a fun birthday celebration.

Cyndi, WAKE UP!

Twynn, It's much more fun to play than to paint.

Diva, You are probably still adjusting to the time change.

PhxSun, I stayed at 188 for 3 weeks, too! Finally, one day, I dropped 3 pounds. It was wonderful! Be patient. I know it's hard.

Me:
The scale finally reads what it read before my Louisiana trip! WooHoo!!! My ticker is finally right! Down from here!

It's going to be a rainy weekend. Auston is getting a haircut today. Other than that, nothing exciting. I need some excitement!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

good morning gals... not a good morning here... savannah started 2 days ago with a runny nose, well last night it hit full force.... she was up most of the night... along with me lol... john and mines bedroom is on one of the lower levels, and my baby monitor took a cr*p a few weeks ago, so i couldnt hear her.... so up i go with my pillows and blankets to bunk in with kenedie. she has our old queen sized bed, which used to be "big", but after sleepin in a king for almost a year, i felt like i was sleepin in a twin lol... savvy finally fell asleep around 4 am.... then the girls getting ready for school, i was up at 7, im a wee bit tired to say the least. thank goodness this is the last day of school, cuz im catching up on some sleep and the girls are just gonna have to help me out. they get their cell phones paid so its not like they are suffering. my oldest is taking "parenting" in high school.... sorry but i think this is crazy. now i have a 17 year old telling me how what im doing is wrong, and "this is the way to do it"... i was so upset yesterday i could of flipped right out. i said "i'll talk to you about this after you are my age, go from 1 to 6 kids in 5 years, have a husband who sleeps, works and plays too much, have weight issues, bad nerves, a recovering alcoholic father, a mom who has had cancer 3 times, one failed marriage, 2 step kids, 1 who had been kicked out of the house, a 4 and 5 year old who need disapline, going through the change of life, and plain old exhausted!!!! then we will see 'how ya do it'!!!' taking a class for less than 2 months does not make you a pro! " im tellin ya gals i was mad. so mad i seen red and had to leave the room. i know i yell too much. i feel bad about it, but sometimes i feel like a single parent in a 2 parent home. im sorry for ranting here, but this is a wide group of girls who have different lives and points of views and maybe some input will be helpful. i love my kids, and i tell them so at least 50 times a day, i read to them, cuddle them, help with homework etc, but when they are bad they need to know what they are doin is wrong and not acceptable. did i yell yesterday when chloe grabbed savvanah's supper off the counter, ran into the living room, and ate it? yes i did, but she was sneaky about it, she heard me tell brady that he couldnt have it, so she knew what she did was wrong. sitting her down on the steps and quietly talking to her about right and wrong was not an option. im just stressed out. i know it, im not stupid, but how to control it is the question here. thanks for letting me vent, sorry for not doing personals today. have a great day on the beach gals.

stacy xxx
Old 03-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Passing Stacy a large Scotch through the screen.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

thanks ruth, you made me smile.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, gals! TGIF, indeed! I'm ready for some of that scotch, if you've a bit to spare, Stacy.

Jenny: Enjoy Red Nose day today! It sounds like SO much fun! I wish we had something like that in the states. We could all use a little laughter for a good cause every now and again.

Ruth: I'm sure you're all bundled up and getting things done! I wish I had your energy after a "lazy" day. After one lazy day, I always want another one! Lol! I hope you get all of your niggles crossed off your list today.

Cottage: Happy Birthday to little miss Audrey today! I hope she has a wonderful day and party! Poor Maggie, though. I hope she is well enough to enjoy the festivities.

Cyndi: 6 overtimes?! Guess I need to head over to ESPN and see what game you were watching. I don't think I could handle 6 overtimes!

Twynn: Still such a bummer about the house. I hope the needed person is back next week and everything gets taken care of

Diva: Sorry about the jumpy scale! Maybe you should do like phxsunflower and kick it? I hope you have a great day!

phxsunflower: Haven't seen you in a while! It's nice to have you back! I hope you have a great day and enjoy that warm weather.

Chelby: Wish I had some excitement to send you, but we don't even have a haircut to liven up this weekend! Congrats on getting to your pre-LA weight!!

Stacy: Lots and lots of hugs going your way!! I hope your day perks up a bit!

Me: It's pretty chilly here right now. It's 37*F and our high for the day is 39*F!! It's wet and foggy and they're predicting snow tonight! WHAT?! Oh well. It was such a dry winter that any precipitation is a blessing.

I emailed my pastor yesterday and told him I felt called to teach the 4 & 5 year old Sunday School class. I'm really excited about it! We're meeting next week for the passing of the curriculum and to discuss everything. I won't start teaching until the 29th, so that will give me plenty of time to get psyched up for everything!

Ok, off to check the calendar and see what has to get done today. I hope everyone to come is doing well!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 314/314/160

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday ladies!

Another busy day here at the office, then off and running at home tonight. I am going to try to talk my boyfriend into taking his son to the batting cages. He had fun there and so did I! I love that it feels like a workout without really being a workout!

No time for personals today, but I hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread