Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #1  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Default Has anyone else tried a Liver Cleanse?

So, today me and my BF checked out this book from the Library Called the Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse. Since The doctors have told me that I have gallstones and for reasons unknown to them my liver enzymes are so high.

well I started reading this book and it says that it can make you feel healthy and younger and have liver problems can make you gain weight. . . which MIGHT be the reason why I've been eating right and exercising and I feel like I haven't lost any weight. (might not be tho.... )

I was just wondering if anyone has tried this. I've read a few reviews that have claimed it has worked for them, I just don't want to have to go through all this and waste my money on something that wont work. . . Im poor right now since I don't have a job. . . still mad about that issue!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

If you have medically documented liver and gallbladder issues, I would ask your doctor first. Many of these types of things are fine for liver support (I'm assuming herbs are involved), but you really need to be under the supervision of a doctor if you are using them to try and cure. I'm not saying it won't work, I just think you should talk to your doctor first.

Last edited by zenor77; 03-12-2009 at 11:24 PM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure if this is what you intended to do, but from what I gather on the internet it's a waste of time. It's not harmful, but it's not helpful. Apparently the "stones" that come out are not really stones at all, just a weird squishy soft formation from all the stuff you're ingesting. One woman when questioning why her gallstones weren't decreasing according to her doctor visits despite seemingly successful attempts at the cleanse was told she had to try 25 times for it to work.

Here's a resource for you to check out.

My recommendation would be to talk to your doctor and find out if there's a legitimate way to cleanse the liver.

(Note: Disregard what I said if you were referring to something completely different, lol)
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

hey there, the liver is an amazing organ..I think you would be fine trying something natural that is overall beneficial--compared to the route the doctors may take you...The liver and gall bladder work in combination to break down fats...hormones are fat soluble... usually when you have liver trouble..fats don't get emulsified (broken down) and neither do excess hormones...hormones tell the body to store fat or break it down...having excess estrogen in the body tells the body to store fat...a stopped up liver will enhance this signal...

This is why natural PCOS treatments (a side effect of estrogen dominance) tell you to lower insulin levels with a low carbish diet...and to take a hepatic cleanser and toner..such as dandelion root or schisandra...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I did a liver "cleanse" a few years ago, I did it for other reasons... mostly because I'd been taking so much ibuprofen. I ate lower carb and took dandelion root (it might have been mixed with something else). I didn't notice any big changes in my weight - although this was about 9 years ago and 90 pounds ago! I did feel a lot better though! And I bet the lower fat thing would be good for the gallbladder!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

i just finished Detox 7, its like whole body cleanse. I didnt really notice anything different other than I was pooing a bit more. I havent weighed in since I did it so I have no idea if it helped me loose any weight or anything??

Sorry you have gallstones, I had them right after I had my son and they are super painful.
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote