Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #1  

Question Combining Diet Supplements???

Okay, so today at wal-mart I was buying some "diet stuff", and I didn't really realize it until I got home, but I bought 1 a day weight smart vitamins (I never take vitamins, so I figured I should start since I'm trying to get healthy).. And I bought slim fast Optima... Well I got to looking at them both, and they both contain some of the same vitamins.. I dont know much about this, so I thought I should get some advice before starting them both.

They BOTH have all the same vitamins in them. 1 A Day has 100-127% of each, and slim fast has 35-100% of each... That is up to 200% daily value on ALL of these.....

Vit. D
Vit E
Vit K
Thiamin
Riboflavin
Niacin
Vit B6
Folic Acid
Vit B12 (which is the same as Thiamin, so I don't know why they both have double doses)
Pantothenic acid
Magnesium
Zinc
Selenium
Copper
Manganese
Chromium

Will having that much of any of those pose a problem??

Last edited by lalique; 03-09-2009 at 01:13 AM.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:13 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

From what you have listed, it probably won't hurt anything--but I would just skip the 1 a day vitamins while you're drinking the Slimfast.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5ft6'

You should only take one. It would be like taking a double dose and that cant be good for you. try one for a whil and then try the other and see which one you like better. But there is no need to take both at the same time.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

My understanding is that you pee out most of the vitamins you take anyway ~ 200% of those isn't likely to do anything at all negative.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote