Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 11:11 PM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday's Thread

OK, OK, it's really still Monday (9:51 on Monday night), but I actually have some time to sit and write a decent post and I didn't want it to be overlooked if I stuck it on the end of Monday's post.

Night shift crap is almost over! Yippee! Yippee! Yippee! The outage is scheduled to end early Saturday morning sometime and then I'll have two days to turn myself back into a day-shift person, which is also the time when I'll really be able to make WW more of a priority. Working nights in the warehouse has made it nearly impossible to do WW--first of all, I never know when to eat. I don't know how many meals a day I should have and I don't know when to eat them. I'm also SO tired all the time--I work from 1800 to 0430 Monday through Saturday and sleep from 0600 to about 1630, when I get up to get ready for work. I am SO eager to go back to days--I know when to eat, I have time to clean my apartment, I can go to WI and actually stay for the meeting, and I can go to the gym again. I could go if I got up earlier, but my back always hurts so bad after working out that I know I wouldn't make it through 10 hours of running around here.

As far as eating goes... Well, for about the last 10 days I have been a human garbage disposal. Here's just a few things that put me over my points limits on various days: Burger King Croissanwich with those little potato things and a regular Coke, Mexican Potluck Night at work (we're talking chili, nachos, and tacos), Banana Split Potluck night at work (including the whipped cream and three different kinds of regular ice cream), Leftover Ice Cream night at work--three large scoops of regular vanilla with lotsa toppings... The list goes on. Know what's sad? Food is really my only indulgence until this is over--I don't go out, I don't go shopping, I don't do anything except work, sleep, and EAT. I just gotta keep telling myself it'll all be over SOON...

So, how is everyone? I haven't really sat down and actually read posts, I just sort of breeze through the days quickly.

angie--Welcome back! It's good to have you back, and I'm sorry that Richard Simmons didn't work out for you! Maybe it's that hairdo of his that makes it hard for me to have any faith in him as a professional.

Belle--Oh my goodness! You poor thing! I am so sorry to hear about your injury, but I'm glad to hear how quickly things are coming back together for you!

Welcome to all the new people that I haven't been able to properly welcome prior to now.

OK, now I must work... Sigh.

Hope to see you all soon.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:32 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all *yawn*. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I woke up this morning and looked at the calander and felt like I will hit with a Mac truck. Today is the second anniversary of my mom's death. She died May 28, 2000 surrounded by myself and my 3 siblings. It was a very peacefull passing but also the hardest day of my life so far. Anyway, I knew the day was coming but I had kind of forgotten until I looked at the calendar.

I am very frustrated this morning about ww too. I have been doing really well the last few days, staying at no more then 22 (my minimum). I weigh myself everyday ( I know bad!) and this morning I gained 2 pounds. Now what is up with that?? I know the whole weight fluctuating thing, but it still wasnt very nice staring at higher numbers (again). I just hope that as of Saturday (my official weigh in) I will be down again.

Jesse Sounds like your life is totally hectic right now. I don't think that I could handle those hours. I can see why you are anxious to get back to day shifts. I was wondering though if you were to start your 24 hour period at a different time then normal. Say 10PM then you would know you had to finish up all your points by the following 10PM. I know how it would be hard to st OP but maybe you could make up some low point treats to take to work so you can stay op. I would just hate to see you gain back after everything you have lost. You have done so awesome!! Anyway, you can't do anything about the last few days just shake it off and move on. But I sure hope you enjoyed the BK that sandwich is SO good!

Well, I better get going, I will be back on later to post those recipes. Have a great day all!

Belle if you are reading, I hope you are feeling better!

Angie
Old 05-28-2002, 10:00 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Angie, Sorry that this day brings up such sad memories. I will keep you in my prayers through out the day. As far as the 2 pds. You said it, your weight fluctuates and I found that weighing everyday was the best way for me to sabotage myself so I really discourage that. Try and hold off for a wk or at least every couple of days. It sounds like you did awesome this wknd with pts.

Jess- AT least you can list most of your mess ups I seriously have no recollection I am glad that you are getting a better shift

Well it was memorial day wknd so we had lots of good eats. I did manage not to gain although I am still a bit behind on the swimsuit challenge. I think that I am going to start swimming a couple of day a wk. I also ordered Pilates tapes from an infomercial pitiful I know but this lady is supposed to be the best. She work with Daisy Fuentes and Minnie Driver along with numerous other Hollywood celebs. So I want to start doing that 3x/wk whenever they come in I will also start water aerobics but just 1day/wk and that is mainly for fun. Well that is the work out plan and I just have to plan my food and I should be on the road to my goals. Why does it always sound so easy when I am typing however a bit more difficult when I am inhaling a brownie Oh well. I have just under 10 months till my wedding so I have much to accomplish. I would really like to be at goal by then. THis would mean losing 35 pds in 10 months. I know it is possible it will just take some focussing and planning etc. etc. I will be back later today hopefully but if not I will talk to all of you tomorrow.

Does any one else do pilates? I think some of you do b/c I remember talking about it in the past. What do you like about it? not like? Any input ?????

Becky
Old 05-28-2002, 11:09 AM   #4  

Becky-

Wow, you are totally amazing. I only wish I could commit to an exercise plan like that! The weight will literally be falling off you in the next few months! Congrats on your weigh in, sounds like you are doing great!
Thank you for the prayers, I really appreciate that. I know I will make thru today, my sister and I are going to watch a video we made of her 2 weeks before she died. We had an awesome mothers day party for her and we have footage of her singing and clapping her hands, and even of her with her hand on my tummy (I was 7 months pregnant) feeling the baby move. It is wonderful, and I am so thankful to God that He allowed us to have that time with her. It will be nice watching together with my sister.

Speaking of brownies. This morning I made some 2-3 pt brownies and they were sitting on the oven cooling. Well wouldn't you know my 22 month old grabbed a stool dragged it over and managed to eat half the pan before I even realized what she was doing. She is a liitle monster!! They were suppose to be for a friend of mine.....I will try to salvage what I can. How in the world she even knew they were there, I will never know

Anyway, will be back later to post those recipes. (I promise!)

Angie
Old 05-28-2002, 11:52 AM   #5  

Ok, I am back with the recipes for KT (and anyone else)

These I found online and I am not even sure where but here goes:

1.1 PT BISQUITS

6 Tbsp self-raising flour
3 tbsp skim milk
1 1/2 tsp non-fat plain yogurt

Set oven at 425 degrees. Mic ingredients together, spray pan with nonstick spray and drop biscuits ontio it. This recipe makes only 2 biscuits. Spray tops with non stick butter flavored spray for flavor. Bake 10-13 minutes.

To make 12 bisquits use these amounts:

2 1/4 cups self rising flour
1 1/8 cups skim milk
3 tbsp non fat plain yogurt

ONLY 1 POINT!!!!!!!!!!!! YUM!

POTATO CASSEROLE

1 28 oz bag hash browns potatoes
1 cup green pepper
1 cup chopped oniion
1 10oz can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 cup ff sour creme
1/2 cup fat free shredded cheese
2 tbsp reduced fat margerine
3 tbsp bread crumbs

Combine first 4 ingredients. Melt margarine and add to micture. SPread mixture in casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkly casserole with bread crumbs and bake at 350 for about one hour.

Serving size = 1 cup
POINTS= 5.5 points per cup

CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI QUICHE

1 1/2 Cups diced cooked chicken.
1 10oz box frozen chopped broccoli (thawed and well drained)
1 cup like ricotta cheese
1/2 cup non fat plain yogurt
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp margerine, melted

Lightly spray 9 inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Combine half of chicken and half of broccioli in pie plate. Puree ricotta, yogurt, egg, egg white, flour, baking powder, salt, parmesan and margarine in blender. Pour over chicken in pie plate. Scatter remaining chicken and brocolli over top. Bake at 350 degress for 30-45 minutes or until wooden toothpick tests clean. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing

4 servings
8 POINTS per serving

Hope you enjoy, these are all wonderful recipes, especially the bisquits!!

Angie
Old 05-28-2002, 12:01 PM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default IT HAPPENED!

BF proposed! I'm getting married! YAAAAHHHHHHH!!! It happened while we were in Florida on vacation last week. I'm still stunned. We had been together more than five years, but I was starting to wonder what was up with this boy.

I'm so excited! We're hoping to do the wedding in November, because I've always wanted a fall wedding and I don't wait until next fall. So we'll have lots to do!

I gotta run, but I wanted to let you all know. I'll be back later to tell more. Of course, you all know the uber diet starts NOW!
Old 05-28-2002, 12:16 PM   #7  

Default WHO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

That is awesome news!!! How wonderful, you must be SO excited!!!

Angie
Old 05-28-2002, 12:50 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Default CONGRATS KIM!!!!

I'm so very happy for you. A november wedding sounds lovely.

angie - thanks for the recipies - I'm going to try them all (if I can find self rising flour) Your little one must have a great sense of smell. Good thing the brownies had already cooled and she didn't burn herself. Don't worry about those fluxes on the scale - could just be water you know.

Becky - go go workout girl. I do water aerobics a couple of times a week and I love it. it really is fun and it's good to tone - I don't think I would have the discipline for Pilates though.

Jess - Yay back to day shift! That's good advice about the days. Just count points over a 24 hour period. I used to be horrible when I worked evenings cause that's when I'm at my munchiest. Oh well, you'll get back OP!

Oh well, back to work
KT
Old 05-28-2002, 01:33 PM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

CONGRATULAITONS KIM!! How exciting! I think you're brave to pull together a wedding inside of 6 months.

Angie - The aunt who raised me passed away just under 2 1/2 years ago. I know exactly how hard these anniversary dates are. You're in my thoughts.

Jess - Glad you're going back to day hours. I'll bet that once your schedule settles down that you'll find it easier to manage your food choices.

Becky - I've never tried pilates but I've been curious about it. Once you get your tapes let me know how you like them.

Well, I had a nice long weekend. Went to the Indy 500 on Sunday with some friends and then tagged along to a few after race parties - lots of fun. I was surprised that the day was so great - after all I gave my "date" for the race a speech on the Tuesday before. He ended up coming to dinner at my house last night and we had a great conversation and have agreed that we'd probably make great friends so I'm happy about that as well.

Need to get back to work. Hope you're all having a great day.

Winter
Old 05-28-2002, 01:44 PM   #10  

Hey girls,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I can't believe all the wedding stuff that is floating around - it's never-ending! Fun times ahead of you planning that one.

Becky, I took a Pilates class for a few months and I really liked it. It is really the best ab workout I've ever gotten. Form is EXTREMELY important though, since the musles are so specifically isolated. Hopefully these tapes will give good instruction on that, although I must say having an instructor to help position the body and tell you where you should be feeling things really helped me. If at all possible, try taking an introductory class or two to get the feel of it, then use the tapes (at a yoga or pilates studio - not a general gym - no personalized instruction). Anyway, that's my long-winded opinion

Angie, sorry to hear about your Mom - I'm sure this day will never be easy - and maybe it never should be. It's ok to feel sad and let yourself miss her.

Jess, all that food sounds yummy, but don't worry about it, we've all been there The end is in sight, right?

Ok well it's really hard for me to get myself down to work (obviously). Hi to everyone else and hopefully our U.S. ladies aren't having too tough a time getting back to work!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:36 PM   #11  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Don't forget me!!

I just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone!
Hi to everyone new and old!!!!!!!
I'm doing pretty well OP, but I have been bad a few times. THe scale showed me that last week at WI, but I skipped it this week.
Kim: How awesome!! Pointer: GO ahead and buy your wedding dress. That's what I did and I HAD to lose the weight since my dress was smaller. I even had to have it altered even more!!
DO you know where your'e going on you're honeymoon? See!! When a couple of weddings are over, some new engagements start!! Keep us posted!
Closed Thread