South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #1  

Default Thinking of starting this tommorow

I need to kick start my weight loss. I have major carb cravings and tend to binge on them. I need to lose 13 pounds. I am wondering how much I will lose on phase 1? Is it really hard to stick to? I am going to get the new book today from the library. I am hypoglycemic and carbs really affect me especially if I dont eat protein with them. Does anyone feel bad on phase 1? If I do then I cant do it. Does it hurt to workout during phase 1? I lift weights and do cardio. I have tried ww and I am hungry a lot. I think I need to cut out the grains and see if I can get my body back in control. Has anyone had good success when they didnt have a lot to lose?
Old 03-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Height: 5'4"

I have about 20 or so pounds to lose, and its definitely slower going than if I had 100. I lost 6 lbs on P1, then have been averaging about a pound a week since then. But I DEFINITELY love that SB has given me control over my relationship with food... i used to literally graze all day, every day, and now I can't even imagine doing that. WW never worked for me because I was always hungry, and I literally am never hungry outside of mealtimes on SB. It really has been a journey of self-control for me, and I can't imagine going back to the old me.

As for exercise, I had no issues on P1, but I am by no means a marathoner or a hard-core exerciser... but 4 days a week of medium-intensity cardio and a little bit of strength training was no problem.

Good luck!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/135.6/128

Height: 5'8 1/2

Hey Lanagrace!

I'm starting phase one tomorrow (Monday) if you want to do it with me. We could keep each other on track. I need to loose about 10 lbs. I want to lose 6 lbs before April 5th. (I'm going to the beach for a week.)
Old 03-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I lost 8# in Phase I and only felt "bad" one day when I literally couldn't eat breakfast. Otherwise felt fine. I'm not a big exerciser other than cardio on bike and treadmill & I didn't have any issues with either. Definitely read the book before beginning South Beach!

Last edited by murphmitch; 03-08-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/206/155

Height: 5'8"

Default Am starting tomorrow too!

I am also starting tomorrow and would love to be a support to you. I need to lose about 40 lbs that I regained after gastric bypass surgery. I currently don't exercise at all but over the weekend bought Dance Dance Revolution for the PS2 that my kids have been asking for. I am terrible at it now but it was fun so I thought that would be a start for me. It may not burn lots of calories but it will be more than I burn now. I am excited to start becoming a "loser."
Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #6  

Ill join yall in the challenge I need this. I was scared today thinking of doing it alone. I know that sounds silly. I like lifting weights 3 days a week and cardio 2-3. I hope I can do it. I am not into making a lot of hard recipes so I will keep it simple. I know phase 2 will be easier. My cousin is coming in over two weeks so I know I wont want to be on phase 1 while she is here but still want toeat healthy.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please join the other Phase I chickies on the Phase 1 thread and to The Beach!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/203/140

Height: 5'1"

My husband and I started today too! I just found this site and am SO glad that I did- there is a ton of info here.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome. Hop into the Phase I thread and join the others.
Closed Thread