Old 03-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #1  
Nikki

S/C/G: 198/189/140

Height: 5'4

Exclamation UGH! Ate too much,now I'm mad!!!

Well, all was going so good until last night...ate WAY too much, ended up miserable and sick. This morning I feel like the weight-loss wagon ran over my dumb ***! I am so frustrated with myself that I just threw caution to the win and ate with abandon. I cannot keep doing this to myself.
I know full well that, given the opportunity, I will literally eat until I am sick-can you say BINGE!!! What is it that causes me to get so out of control? It is such a viscious cycle: start losing weight-lose control with food-feel so guilty that you don't know what to do-eat a litle more-and so on and so forth.
Does anyone else have this problem? I feel like such an idiot! I know what I need to do to get rid of this weight, but why do I keep sabotaging myself???
pflughzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Don't beat yourself up too much. You've lost 14lbs! Come to the UK, we focus on stones as well as pounds, and 14lbs in one whole stone, cause for great celebration, believe me!
All you can do is tie a knot and go on.
I'm sure there is a trigger to your binges but, until you find out what it is, just the very next day get back on programme. Not a punishmently thin version of it, that's bound to fail, just the programme.

Even if you ate enough yesterday to put on a pound, 3500 extra calories, that's 14lbs forward, 1lb back. The odds are still in your favour!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

I agree with Ailidh. Just jump right back on and give it a go again. I'm sure everyone has those moments, just trying to limit them is the problem. Hang in there and get back on track.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/TICKER/145

Height: 5'10"

Hi! I agree with the others! You just can't let this one binge get you off the wagon!

I too have a major binging problem. I got to the point where I could eat an entire box of macaroni and cheese without feeling full. ICK! What I have been doing which has kept me from binging is I eat every 2-3 hours. I love Fiber One bars, only 2 points and they taste great!
I also like to plan yummy meals that I look forward to, and that helps me stick to my plan as well.
Good luck!
whiskeygirl862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #5  
Nikki

S/C/G: 198/189/140

Height: 5'4

Thanks so much for the input! Ailidh-I like your ideas...I need to focus on the positive and jump right back on. I actually did really well today, so I just need to keep an eye out for the next lurking binge and hed it off at the pass.
Thak you for the encouragement Ciarra. Whiskey-I love those Fiber One bars also. They are yummy, and doing the every 2-3 hour thing might just be the ticket! I think when I let myself get over hungry I'm likely to binge, so this makes sense to not let myself get to that point of "desperately hungry".
Thank You again!
~Nikki
pflughzy is offline   Reply With Quote