Old 03-08-2009, 05:17 AM   #1  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Hungry Day!!!

It seems like once a week I have a day where I eat pretty much the same kinds of stuff in the same amounts as I do everyday yet I just stay hungry. I am going to let myself have 200 0r 300 more for today (I'll still be below maintenance but above what I normally do). I'm going to have brown rice and veggies for my extra calories I think.

Does this happen to you? Do you give in? I mean I feel like since I am really hungry, and it's not thirst as I have been drinking water constantly today, maybe I just need some extra calories. I am still fighting off the cold/flu/plague.

Last edited by prinny; 03-08-2009 at 05:21 AM. Reason: because I am scatterbrained
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

I tend to naturally cycle my calories. Some days I eat less than what my target is and other days I eat more. I generally tend to look at the weekly average and amount of weight/fat loss and adjust accordingly.

Just personally, I know if I don't eat when my body clearly is telling me to eat, then it inevitably leads to a binge.
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/199/174

Height: 5'-11"

I have this happen and its usually on the weekends when I'm home.

If I find I keep going to the kitchen for a bite of this or that, then I will just go ahead and eat something more substantial.

This usually only happens when I am kind of bored so I try to keep busy or get out of the house, then I tend to forget about being hungry.
juls64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

As the weeks have gone on, there have been days when I've been hungry. Definitely physical hunger, because it makes a noise!
I've tended to assume it's the diet biting, and just drink more water of have some black coffee or tea.
I worry about increasing my calories, although I suspect I should worry more that I'm not eating enough. I want to be brave enough to cycle. Today I'm trying to eat up to maintenance - but it's scary!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #5  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

I sort of cycle by happenstance. I often go under my daily, and I will occasionally let myself go a bit over if I do that a lot. I have been hitting it very close on the last few days but then I had my hungry day. I guess I'll be more frugal for Sunday.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

this happens to me sometimes. I think that since you ate what you usually do, and you are unusually hungry, then perhaps your body is telling you something. A few extra healthy calories arent going to throw you off track, and may keep you from making unhealthy choices a few hours later.

Good luck!
lovesjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #7  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

if im really really hungry i EAT. but not mindlessly. i'll decide what i'm going to have and eat that one thing. not eat and eat and eat.
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #8  
Rif

S/C/G: 340/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Hungry Day

Yes, I have regular "hungry days" that seem to come once every week or two. I figure it's because I'm in calorie deficit and my body/brain will only tolerate that for so long. The hunger gradually builds usually for a day or two before and gets to a point where I feel compelled to eat more than my usual 1400-1500 calories. If I eat higher calories I find that I have calm food days for a few days afterwards, where I don't feel overly hungry and don't crave much of anything and can easily stay in my calorie range. I also find that after I eat higher calories due to hunger I sweat at night (metabolism kicking in) and I'll often have a weight loss surge about 3 days later.
Rif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

I definitely had a "hungry day" this week on Wednesday. I went to bed at right around 1750 calories but was hungry enough to stay awake for quite awhile. I was also really chilled; my feet were cold and I just could not sleep! Finally I determined that I really WAS hungry so I got up and had a small bowl of raisin bran and a cup of hot cocoa. That did the trick; I went back to bed and fell asleep.

I think that I'm getting better at determining what is real hunger and what is the munchies. I don't know if I'll ever quit logging my food, though, because it really does help me to be aware of how much I'm eating.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote