WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 03-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

Default Confusion on Target Point calculation

I looked at the sticky reguarding calculating points. (I'm doing WW on my own-using materials from the past)

Where it has the target points-according to that chart, my points should be at 26.

According to the WW TurnAround booklet, my target is 29. (received it last spring)

The one that says 26 is from the chart, and the 29 is from the book which uses different factors to determine point target (gender, weight, height, etc).

Which one does everyone else generally use (if you've seen both)?

I don't really have the extra money to spend for the meetings, which is why I'm doing this on my own using past knowledge from when I've joined before. So, now I'm confused on which calculation to use as if it should be 26, I don't want to be going over, etc.

Any insight?

Last edited by spunker; 03-07-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: my spelling is incredibly off
spunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #2  

Turnaround was 2 years ago. We've used age, gender, weight and activity to calculate daily points for a couple of years. Couldn't you go to one meeting to get updated information. It has changed.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

If you don't want to go to a meeting, don't. It's only going to be about 150 calories difference. I would start at 29 and try that for two weeks. If you are losing stay there. If not, start dropping a point a week until you do.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I second Susan's suggestion of just going to one meeting to get all of the new information - when WW makes program changes, it's not just to put a new face on things. Changes are made in accordance with the latest research on dietary needs and habits of successful members.

If you don't want to worry about having the latest info, I'd start at the higher level and then, as zinke suggested, lower it after a few weeks (by a point at a time) if you are not seeing weight loss. However, I suspect you will regardless.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote