Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 03-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #1  

Default Blog designs and browser issues

Suzanne,

I've noticed some of the designs seem to display differently with different browsers. For example, using IE 7.0 with my blog, and when I pick the Pomodoro or the Waterlilly theme, lbuttons or links to any other pages I might have no longer show up. Any advice for fixing this? I am using IE 6.0 at work and I CAN see those things when I use this browser, but not when using IE7.0 at home. Ye Firefix is a better browser, but its gone all wonky at home and I cannot fix it!

Any new templates that maybe are more IE 7.0 friendly coming along?

One questions that has been asked is there anyway, in the blogroll, for the links to be sorted by the last time someone updated or else have a little icon next to the link that shows that person has a new post? The journal ladies have been asking about this.... I showed them how to make a blogroll of just journalers, but they would like to be able to tell who has recently updated and who ahsn't, just by looking at that list.

Thanks,
Linda
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #2  
it's always something

Thanks for letting me know! I don't think IE 7 was out or at least as common when we installed those themes. I have IE 7 at work, I'll check it out there and see what I can do. I'll also check into some new themes

I'm not sure about your second question. There may be a plugin that does that. I'll check into it.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #3  
it's always something

Linda, are you using any widgets?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #4  

I had to go check.. I know I played with them. Nope no widgets right now.

I'll test all the themes to see what happens

Benevolence - I lose links to other pages
Indigo - no links to other pages - they are listed under recent posts, but not under a page area. I think as the blog itself got larger, those would drop off since they are "recent" only now
Pomodoro - no links - the one I really want to use since, well it's food
Waterlily - no links

All of the other themes have the Pages area.

I am using IE 7.05730.11

I got Firefox 3.0.6 going and tested these there as well

Benevolence - still don't see the page links
Pomodoro - I DO see the page links
Indigo - same thing as above. no Page area, but the other pages are in "recent posts"
Waterlilly - they are still missing.

I did check waterlily at work as well as Pomodoro and those both were fine with IE 6.whatever

Of course, now IE 8.0 is out... maybe I should upgrade to that?

Since you are on the look out for new themes. how about one with cupcakes? Can we make our own themes and somehow upload them? I haven't poked into every corner of the blogs, but I did used to make graphics eons ago and it might be fun.

Thank for your help. The journal girls are gradually trying the blogs.. most are doigng splendidly!

editted to add: well I got the Benevolence, Indigo and Waterlilly themes to show Page links with IE 7.0, by enabling the page widget but still cannot get it in Pomodoro.

Last edited by LindaT; 03-07-2009 at 01:07 PM.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #5  
it's always something

I'm still working on it I wouldn't upgrade to IE 8 unless you really want to, I know that I'm not going to and it will take a while for the theme developers to catch up.

The themes are all written by different people, and sometimes they include all the features and sometimes they don't include any but rely on users to use widgets if they want them. That's probably what is going on here.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a theme that uses cupcakes. I'm adding it to my list, thanks