Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-05-2009, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default what inspires you to lose...?

Hi--

what inspires you all to lose weight? By that, I don't mean finally reaching your goal and being thin or healthy.

I mean what inspires and/or motivates you to keep going on a daily/weekly basis in trying to lose weight?

tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #2  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Right now, I'm inspired by my own success. I AM doing this and it has not been that miserable or painful. I am eating more healthy, feeling better and looking better than I have in a long time. That motivates me! Also, putting on clothes that fit one week and finding them baggy the next. Yahoo!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #3  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

I have a few things that got me started and keep me going...

1) I didnt want to be the "fat" parent. Then my son started school this year and I WAS the fat parent. Figured I could change that. Everyone will get a big surprise when the winter gear comes off.

2) I graduated in 2006 with a BS in Health Promotion. I felt like there was no way anyone was every going to hire me. Who would hire an obese person to teach about health. What could I possibly know about health? I can definitely tell my self confidence is improving with the weight being lost. I feel like I could actually survive an interview without feeling like I'm being scrutinized due to my weight.

3) My family has very poor health. My mom and about 6 of her siblings have all already been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. And every member of my family who has died to date has done so from some kind of heart problem. As mentioned in number 1, I have a 5 year old and I would like to see him grow up. Plus my husbands family, both sides, seems to live very long lives and I am determined to stick around with him as long as I can.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #4  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Each little success, each new ability makes me want to work harder. I've actually started to inspire myself, I'm taking on harder physical challenges. It's really exciting for me.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmyway View Post
Right now, I'm inspired by my own success. I AM doing this and it has not been that miserable or painful. I am eating more healthy, feeling better and looking better than I have in a long time. That motivates me! Also, putting on clothes that fit one week and finding them baggy the next. Yahoo!
This is totally me!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #6  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I am inspired by myself. Over the last year and a half or so, I have done a lot of personal reflection, and I came to the conclusion that the only thing that was standing in between me and the life I have always dreamed of... was me, and whatever doubts/insecurities I had. Since then, I have kind of forged a path for me to start working towards the career I have always dreamed of (but never thought I could get) and the healthy body I have always dreamed of (but, again, never thought I could get). It's time I stopped doubting my abilities... I am now a believer that with hard work and dedication, you can really achieve whatever you want to. I don't know how I feel about heaven/reincarnation/the after-life, but the way I see it, no matter what happens when I cross into the unknown- I want to know that I made the most out of my time here.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

My primary motivation has been the way I physically feel. I was miserable and desperate before I started losing weight. My doctor promised me that 10 or 20 pounds would make a difference. He was right!!

I feel so much better after losing 40 pounds and am excited about the prospect of how good I will feel after losing 20 or 40 pounds more. Success inspires more success.

Secondary, but important, motivation comes from the thought of all that I will be able to do, that I was not able to do in the past. Playing with my grandchildren are at the top of that list.

PS - All the success stories here also inspire me. Knowing that others have been able to lose weight makes me feel that I can do too. Success inspires more success.

Last edited by time2lose; 03-05-2009 at 09:11 AM.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #8  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Knowing that by exercising and eating well I'm nourishing my body in a healthy way and making sure I'm physically challenged enough.

In a weird way, part of my motivation to keep going is so that I'm NOT a statistic. I don't want to be overweight. I don't want to eat fast food (because the more literature you read about the industry the less you want to be involved with it). I want to be able to do physical activities.

And, I want to participate in all the fashions that girls my age can wear before I'm too old to wear them, haha.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #9  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

I have alot of self esteem issues, I find it so easy to put myself down and forget all the positive things and only focus on the negative. That makes it pretty rough.

But I am getting better and the changes and success does inspire me and helps me to stay focused.

Though I think the biggest inspiration for me right now is reading this forum and another forum I go to. I love seeing that I am not alone and all these other people have struggled but still in the end can do it and have success. It just reminds me that yes sometimes it is hard but in the end the effort is so so worth it.
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #10  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

I want to be healthy, strong, energetic and capable until I drop dead at the age of 100 plus. All I need is a healthy diet, regular exercise, a good attitude, and a sense of adventure.

When I was heavier and sedentary, I felt .... old. Creaky. Afraid to try new things. I had high cholesterol and my blood pressure was creeping up. Now I can run circles around kids 20 years younger and all health indicaters are excellent. Proper diet and exercise is the closest thing to the fountain of youth that we have. If I could sell a pill for it, I'd be a multi-billionaire.

I love the way I feel now and what I can do. I NEVER want to go back. That's what keeps me inspired and motivated to continue.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #11  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

I think of this little black and white dress (my sister's) I would finally be able to fit into for my 21st birthday. It helps make me run longer/faster and push myself harder.

edit: it becomes a mantra: "black and white dress, black and white dress, black and white dress."

Last edited by lixximajig; 03-05-2009 at 10:04 AM.
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #12  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

i'm so superficial... the upcoming warm weather is TOTALLY what inspires me to eat right and work out day after day. i am DETERMINED to look smoking hot in tiny summer clothes and itty bitty bikinis.
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #13  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I'm not too old to have the life I've always wanted ~ I have to lose this weight if I'm going to do that. I refuse, refuse, refuse to be fat any longer. It's just not who I am.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #14  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

My daughter and the ability to chase her around without worrying about having a heart attack! being able to pull my weight *pun intended* around the home and just in general where life goes.

pretty simple really

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

ive started to be motivated not by the scale but by my fitness goals and how quickly ive been progressing. 3 weeks ago i was winded after running a mile, today i ran 4 nonstop. im working towards a ten k right now and i feel like my fitness is something i have so much more control over, not like that stupid unpredictable scale.
goodday is offline   Reply With Quote