Old 02-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #1  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Default Being Sick and Gaining Weight :(

I know this may have been discussed until the cows come home, but i did do a search and didnt find anything. I am sick, I have a cold, its not the worst cold ever, blocked ears, running nose, low energy, going a bit hot and cold. I can still function ok. But over night I gained 1.3kg (i think thats almost 3 pounds). Surely this cant be fat? I definately didnt reach maintenance level calories at all this week. Am i retaining water? This is really depressing, in Dec I was 73.3kg, on thursday i was down to 71.6, now im back up to 72.8

Also would you work out? The cold has hit my chest and is affecting my asthma, this is probably confounded by the fact that i dont take my preventor as much as i should >.< Should i just go and have a leisurely jog? I was planning on starting tomorrow, its the first day of uni and i was going to use it as the first day back on track completely as well
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #2  

Hello,

I know in the past when i'm sick i tend to gain weight too. For one, I don't drink my water the way i should and 2nd when i'm sick i tend to eat more soups, which have more sodium.

Also on the workouts. If your sick in the head, get out of bed (workouts ok) If your sick below the neck stay in bed (no workouts). That's what one of my friends who is a trainer told me.

Well wishes on getting over your illness.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

does asthma count as below the neck? Because its the windpipe that is closing...but the cough is kinda chesty?
Old 02-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Yea, I wouldn't run if I was wheezing. I find that if it is just congestion without a headache, cardio helps clear things up, but if it's I'm wheezing from an allergy or coughing, it just makes it worst.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

i have asthma as well , i try my best to take it easy and bring back cardio very slowley or id start coughing for air!

Take care of yourself while your sick.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/181/140

Height: 5'8

I agree. I wouldn't run or workout until you feel better. It should only take a few days, so that won't be bad. Also, everytime I get sick with a cold I usually gain a few pounds. Mine is due to eating, though. I want to curl up on the couch with comfort food
butterfly120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:50 AM   #7  
This is not a test.

aw i hate it when potential results are masked by sickness Ok i'll rest until i feel better. Thank you!