Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #1  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default Team Eagle Chat

This is where you can chat about different things that have/have not worked for you during your weight loss as well as swap ideas!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Okay, I'm here. Who else is part of the team.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #3  
Make it to the moon...

Me, me, me

How goes things so far everyone?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #4  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi Girls! My name is Cher I'm 35, and I live in East Tn. I am revved up on this challenge, I've been chomping at the bit since Sat night to find out my team. I am married without children, unless you want to count a dog, and a cat. I work as a Hospice nurse, which is kinda how I got myself fat. Anyway, thought a little intro was in order so we can help each other rock this challenge!!
Last night, I was about 1200 steps short, so at 10pm, I walked circles in my driveway. My husband said, the neighbors are gonna think you are crazy. I said, "I'm from California, they already DO think I'm Crazy".
Looking forward to getting to know all of TEAM EAGLE! This will be a lot of fun! Thanks KimL1214 for coming up with this just when I was needing a change!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #5  

Hi Cher and Kim. I'm Donna, married to Marcel and mom to 3 boys. I work full time and really have to schedule my time. Right now I'm working on getting my walks in the morning and workouts at lunch at the community gym. I live way up North in a small community of less than 2000.

I only got about 4800 yesterday as I was in a workshop all day but then I went for a walk with my brother and his family and got all my steps in then. I'm doing great today, still lot's of hours in my day and over half way there.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #6  
ISO my perfect body

good to meet you Donna! I was just checking in quick before I hit the hay!

hope our team got lots of steps in today! I am really glad to see so many people interested! I think this is a great motivator!

As for me, I did hit the goal today, but I don't want to post until the AM because I am still flitting around the house getting stuff ready for morning. I want credit for every last little step....

Good night, and God Bless!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #7  
Make it to the moon...

Lewisempire~ Hahaha... walking circles in your driveway... (I can't really laugh, because I do circles in my apartment every night, my BF says I'm going to wear a track down in the apartment). I know what you mean about wanting every step to count, I don't take my ped off until I'm crawling into bed, which is also when I track in my journal how many steps I took.

ConfessorSiuan~ How old are your boys? I also live in a small community, little bigger than yours at between 2500-3000 and live in VT. Did you get the storm that hit yesterday? We only got about 4-5 inches, not enough for me to go sledding tonight

Morning Ladies!!! So I bombed with steps yesterday, sorry I normally won't let myself go to bed until I have my 10,000, but I was falling asleep on the couch at 8. At that point I did only have 2500 steps, so I made myself wander around the apartment until I broke 5,000... but that's as far as I got. I plan on making up for it as the week goes on by getting at least 11-12,000 every day for the rest of the week.

Last edited by KimL1214; 03-03-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #8  

Well I doubled my first day yesterday at over 8000 and today I'm over 7000 right now we still have hockey practice tonight and my craft night. So I'm doing way better. I went to the gym today for the first time in our local community gym. I live in the Yukon, so way farther north than VT. We get snow all the time and really cold. It's been relatively warm at -10C lately but this morning it was -35 and the vehicles didn't start because they weren't plugged in. But I did my WATP this morning first thing. My boys like to watch be because they keep waking up half way through.

My boys are Kale(7), Mickey(4) and Mica (2). They keep me moving all day long when we are home. They are in school and daycare and I work until 5 everyday.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #9  
ISO my perfect body

HI Girls, I did not make goal today.... I had a rough day at work, But I too plan to make it up the next couple of days. I guess that is really what counts in the long run! So far I am almost at 7000 today!

Hey Donna, great job on upping those steps. You sound like a busy lady, and 3 boys! I'm sure there is a special place in heaven for women as brave as you! LOL What kind of crafts do you do?

I thought it was pretty cold here this morning, 17 degrees, and the wind was blowing. Now I am sooooo glad, I wasn't were you both were! YIKES! I was born and raised in the desert! So I have no clue how cold it is below zero, and that is A-OK with me!

Well girls, I am off to bed. I have a lot of steps to make up tomorrow!!!!!
Good night!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #10  
Make it to the moon...

ConfessorSiuan~ Wow, I thought VT got cold… BRRRR… It was 4F out this morning… but that doesn’t even compare to how cold it is up where you are! You must be super busy with 3 young boys! Bravo on upping your steps also!!!

Lewisempire
~ I thought of you last night as I did 2 laps around the school parking lot because I hadn’t reached my step goal yet (I require myself to hit a certain # before I leave school). I did see a couple bus drivers give me funny looks...

Well we seem to be a three lady team. I’m going to shoot some PMs out to the other people who signed up to make sure they haven’t forgotten. It’s all based on averages, so it doesn’t matter how many people are on each team, although the more people you have, the more there are to average out if someone else has a bad day…

I did 30DS this morning and plan on doing C25K tonight. I have my weight watchers meeting tonight, so I tend to push myself a little harder on these days. I’d like to start doing that more consistently so that I’m really pushing myself with at least 2 workouts a day at least 3 days/week. I did hit my steps last night, but did not make up for as much of Monday as I would have liked. I plan on hitting at least 12,000 today! Good luck ladies and keep walking!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #11  
ISO my perfect body

Good morning ladies!! I do work tonight, but I have all day to make up the steps from yesterday. I hope you all have a Great Day! I hope some of our other team mates show up.... Thanks again for handling this challenge kim1214.
Donna- Stay warm girl!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #12  

I'm not sure you will want me on your team....I managed 6000 each day since Sunday. I'm hoping to get this improved over the next 4 days. But you are welcome to tell me to come back another time when I can get my act together.

I'm sorry.

Carolyn
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #13  
ISO my perfect body

Carrielyn,
We want you girl! It is more about motivating and supporting one another, not actually winning!
Don't get me wrong, I wanna smear the other team, but I would never, ever put someone else down to do it! Most of us are already too down on ourselves, we need to support one another. If you are doing the best you can, you will improve! AND THAT, is what this is all about! 6000steps a day is nothing to sniff at! At least you are consistant. Everyone is at a different place in their weight loss battle, that is what makes us beautiful. We need each other, and we need you!
I also want the other team to do well, because competition gets me moving. So the better they do, the harder I try to win! I know it's a little crazy, but at least I can admit it!

Get on and log those steps, good, bad, or ugly! At the end of this month, I think you will be inspired by yourself! And you never know when your 6000 steps may just inspire someone else......
Old 03-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisempire View Post
Carrielyn,
We want you girl! It is more about motivating and supporting one another, not actually winning!

Get on and log those steps, good, bad, or ugly! At the end of this month, I think you will be inspired by yourself! And you never know when your 6000 steps may just inspire someone else......
Thank you very much!!

Can you tell me where to log these steps in. I saw a site for the other team but I did not see one for us high-flying Eagles...
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #15  
ISO my perfect body

Ours is way back on the 2nd or 3rd page. I have been editing my original post.