Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #1  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default Team Wolf Chat

This is where you can chat about different things that have/have not worked for you during your weight loss as well as swap ideas!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #2  

Hi! How about some intros? I'm Wendy. I'm 30 and a mother of 3 girls. I've tried weight watchers a few times. I prefer counting calories. I love the daily plate. I began my weight-loss journey last summer after my mom died of a heart attack at the young age of 45. That really kicked my butt. I decided to work from the inside out. I wanted the changes that I make to be permanent. I'm finally to the point where I'm cutting calories and exercising. I feel that the weight loss will be for good and the changes will be lasting.

I'm looking forward to the challenge. I think it really will be a challenge for me until the weather gets a little nicer. I have a desk job, so I'll have to think of ways to get more steps. We had a nice day this week and I was able to walk 10,000 steps. It wore me out. My legs were pretty achy by the end of the night. I took a short walk in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon to get it in. Yesterday, I only made it to 6,000.

Any tips for getting in more steps with the weather still being yucky?
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8369439/

Also, there is a book called Step Diet. It is great and comes with a pedometer. I mainly got it to see how it tells you to add steps in your life. It does focus a bit on diet but it focuses more on walking.

I'm glad I remembered this challenge. I almost forgot. Although I didn't wear my pedometer half the day.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #4  

This is going to be challenging. My legs are achy already. My husband said that he'd walk at the mall with me on nights when he's home. That'll help. It's supposed to warm up a little this week. I don't mind walking in a little cold, but it has been really windy.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #5  

Do you use a really expensive pedometer or one of the $5 ones.I have a cheap one but bought a better one today?
I am 34,I my parents have thyroid problems,diabetes and high blood pressure.
I can really afford the expensive exercise euipment,I have weights but that is about it and a bike so right now I am doing alot of walking.I walk alot at work but I am trying to walk alot when I am not at work too.
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyland View Post

Any tips for getting in more steps with the weather still being yucky?
Well what I do, is while I am watching television, I would jog.
I try to get in 20 steps in per comercial, and there's usually about 5, 6 comercials, so there already is a hundred steps. Also, During the show, I try to get 100 steps before the commercials start. That's my thing anyways, I am not sure if you are willing to do that though. I just think sitting and watching television is pretty bad, so why not combine it with something you need to do?
lyndavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #7  

Anyways, intro on me. I am 16 years old. I have an older brother, younger brother, and 2 younger sisters; 17, 11, 15, 10. I enjoy working out and I am trying to find some ways for me to lose body fat. Because I used to be anorexic, and awesomely, I have recovered. However, I still have the majority of my body fat. Therefore, I am hoping this will help.
Sundays, and Saturday, I probably will not walk much because I will be home doing homework, because I have 3 AP classes. Also, I am getting ready for college admissions. And.. good luck to all on this challenge
Old 03-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyphotographer View Post
Do you use a really expensive pedometer or one of the $5 ones.I have a cheap one but bought a better one today?
I am 34,I my parents have thyroid problems,diabetes and high blood pressure.
I can really afford the expensive exercise euipment,I have weights but that is about it and a bike so right now I am doing alot of walking.I walk alot at work but I am trying to walk alot when I am not at work too.

I used to have a cheap one, but I didn't find it to be very accurate. I'm on my second omron (my baby lost the first) and I find it to be pretty accurate. I don't think you need a lot of equipment. There are a lot of things you can do by walking, hiking, biking and home videos. I'd like to get some straps so that I can do more weight bearing exercises.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndavan View Post
Anyways, intro on me. I am 16 years old. I have an older brother, younger brother, and 2 younger sisters; 17, 11, 15, 10. I enjoy working out and I am trying to find some ways for me to lose body fat. Because I used to be anorexic, and awesomely, I have recovered. However, I still have the majority of my body fat. Therefore, I am hoping this will help.
Sundays, and Saturday, I probably will not walk much because I will be home doing homework, because I have 3 AP classes. Also, I am getting ready for college admissions. And.. good luck to all on this challenge
That's great that you've recovered. There's a lot of good information on this forum about being healthy - eating whole foods, good fats, and moderately exercising.

Also, I think I will try walking in place or doing side steps while watching tv. We just got back from walking at the mall. I have about 5,000 steps in so far today.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyland View Post
That's great that you've recovered. There's a lot of good information on this forum about being healthy - eating whole foods, good fats, and moderately exercising.

Also, I think I will try walking in place or doing side steps while watching tv. We just got back from walking at the mall. I have about 5,000 steps in so far today.
Thank you . and Thank you for the infomation. I am new to this site and I haven't the time to browse it. But so far Wow. so yays you're halfway done!
I'm almost halfway done. However, I will be jogging later tonight, while watching television, and before bed.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #11  
Hooping my Life Away

I am going to be the downfall on this team. I haven't gotten many steps in and that is why I am in this challenge. To encourage me to a) wear my pedometer b) get 10,000 steps eventually.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
I am going to be the downfall on this team. I haven't gotten many steps in and that is why I am in this challenge. To encourage me to a) wear my pedometer b) get 10,000 steps eventually.
I'm really not worried about it. This is just to encourage me to get off my butt and have fun with it. I honestly won't feel bad if we don't win.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
I really do not mind either. This is only to get me motivated to walk, which it has. !
It hopefully, you will eventually get used to the challenge and you can get more then 10,000 steps!
BTW I read somewhere that it is 20,000 steps not 10,000.
It was like a news article from 2004. However I thought it was rather odd, because everywhere else it was saying 10,000 steps.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #14  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi. I'm 49, married, grown twin boys, married and out of the house. WE also have 3 dogs.

I work for a veterinarian and spend a lot of my day on my feet.

I started WW several years ago. Lost 50 pounds and gained back 17. Now losing them. I do NOT want to have to lose 50 pounds again. My mother is non insulin dependent diabetic, has 3 stints in her heart and has always been overweight. I want to avoid those issues as I age.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #15  
Hooping my Life Away

I just took my monthly measurements. The lack of the tape measure going down is completely related to the lack of exercise. Hopefully I will push more now. *dies*