Old 02-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

Default Spanx!

I ordered my first pair of Spanx! I wanted them forever but could never find my size anywhere so I ordered them online. I tried them on today and I'm impressed. I mostly wanted them since my birthday is in 2 weeks and my last ten pounds feels like it is stuck to me for life. I want to wear something HOT since you only turn 21 once and this is the lowest weight I've ever been! For those of you who have them, how often do you wear them? How long do they last? What kind of clothes do you wear them with? And is it obvious you're wearing them?
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #2  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Lightbulb

I have a pair...

I don't wear them that often, but I hardly ever go out so that is why... I wear them with black pants and some bar top when I do... They are not noticiable... I did try jeans on with them once and it felt really weird and I thought you could tell so I would say no jeans with them.

I have had mine for about 6 months but only wore them about 4 times.

Happy Birthday, btw
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

I love Spanx. I have a few pairs that I have had for almost 2 years now. I have the kind that only go to down to your knee/theigh area. I wear them with skirts and dresses in the summer. They are the best thing ever. I don't wear them with anything else. I think if I had a pair that were the whole leg I would wear them with more stuff in the winter too.
scarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #4  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Things like spanx are saviours for me when I'm going to formal occassions. They just smooth out all the underwear lines and back fat and they just give the illusion that you are one smooth column.

I don't wear them on a daily basis. They're not the most comfortable thing in the world and they're not exactly sexy when you're being undressed by your partner haha, so I only wear them when I'm wearing formal dresses and I know a lot of pictures are being taken.

Last edited by hotnewspirits; 02-25-2009 at 06:05 PM.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I don't have a set but would like some! I have heard wonderful things about them. My sis-in-law just got jeans from L Bryant that have them built-in.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #6  

I have the cheaper barand from Target.Made by same manufacturer I guess.I really felt like they were uncomfortable.I maybe need a bigger size?Try them.Maybe you will like them.I hear hollywood luuuuvs them.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I have a cheaper knock off brand also, they're black and go down to my knees. I agree about the jeans, they feel funny. But I wear them with dresses and skirts mainly - it just looks like I'm waering leggins, but they're leggings that make me look skinny!

But, dresses and tighter tops are the way to go!!!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

I got the "Higher Power" ones that go from mid thigh to under my boobs. I'd LOVE to wear a dress with them but I'm pale as snow (as I am nearly 100% of the time haha) so I'd have to wear some nylons also. I'm worried that when people touch me they'll be able to tell, but I don't I should be embarrassed! And I'm also concerned about undressing infront of someone (it will be my birthday soo you never know how the night could end!)
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I wear them for auditions and for "dressier" occasions.

They just smoooooooooth everything out. They're oh so lovely.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #10  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm177 View Post
And I'm also concerned about undressing infront of someone (it will be my birthday soo you never know how the night could end!)

lol how good of a time are you planning on having? lol JK
I have spanx and I wear them on special occasions under dresses. I think they are awesome. the first time i wore them i kept thinking ppl would know, but I'm confident now that was just all in my head
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I don't have spanx but another brand I got for cheaper. I wear them for special occasions like under dresses. I think the only problem for me is the 'swishy' sound they make under my dress when the fabric rubs against them. other than that they're a life saver when you need to look a little smaller or 'smoother' for a picture
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I have spanx too! Love them!! I wear mine for work, and definitely with lululemon's! I couldn't go to work without them, I wear tighter black pants, and a black suit-type jacket. And I guess working in such a superficial place makes me wanna look smooth and hot!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I have the Hanes branf knock off. WAY cheaper and they lasted a while for me. I wear them all the time under dresses. They really do make you really smooth and it's not too uncomfortable.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 232/165/148

Height: 5'8'

Default spanx

I just bought a camisole type at Nordstrom. I have about 15 pds. left and am tall and have rectangular figure (small hips no curves) so they really hold me in under shirts with jeans. They are very thin and very comfortable and look to take off between 5 and 10 pds.
momof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #15  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Y'know, I REALLY want a pair of Spanx, but I'm afraid to order them online, because I don't really understand the weird sizing charts that are based on your weight and height.
What the heck does that have to do with my actual SIZE? Whenever I buy thigh-high stockings by those charts, they don't fit my ham-thighs, lol.
I'm 5'3 and 3/4 (Just shy of 5'4"), and I'm 154 lbs. So.. it says I should be a size "C"?

Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote